Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2010-05-09 Name: Steven Newman

"Buderus, the way to go."
I can't find enough good things to say about the Buderus system. We had it installed after the older (10 year old Weil/McClane) system gave up. After five years, this system has saved us a considerable amount of money on heating oil. If you are patient, because the system seems a little confusing at first, you will definitely be rewarded ($$).

Date created: 2010-03-26 Name: Sue Utecht

"Buderus boiler"
This was the biggest mistake we have ever made at a cost of nearly $7000.00 for a boiler. After six service calls for various parts being replaced in the past eight months, we are now being told the unit must have a yearly maintenance program. We were never told that when we purchased the hot water unit. In fact, we were told the unit is maintenace free. We have been without hot water nine times in the past two months and they do not stand behind their product. Very disgusted!!!

Date created: 2010-02-15 Name: Syracuse

"Service tech"
For people with Buderus boilers: most of your problems start with your oil tank. Do not blame Buderus. The HVAC company who installed your boiler should install new oil filter and another smaller oil filter next to the burner. This is top of the line boiler. Problem is oil tanks and poor installation(poor service tech)and there is a lot of service techs. They don't know how to setup and adjust combustion.

Date created: 2010-01-03 Name: Susan Grasso

"BUDERUS residental"
This Buderus boiler is only 5 years old and has had nothing but problems with air in the lines and service calls since we have owned it.

Date created: 2009-12-27 Name: A Jenkins

"Denver"
We had this put in as recommended by our heating company. We have had nothing but aggravation. The system generates some kind of black sludge in the traps that must be cleaned out or it stops working. We had 2 pumps go out this month. One for $300 and the other for $800. This is only a 3 1/2 year old unit. We also haven't seen any real difference in the heating bill.

Date created: 2009-12-26 Name: LC

"Bad investment"
I've had this Buderus boiler for about a year. This has been a real bad investment. Two puff backs causing thousands of dollars of smoke damage to my house. Clogs on a regular basis. Technicians think they know all, but apparently not enough. Great sales job, real poor product.

Date created: 2009-12-15 Name: Buderus Customer

"Buderus Boiler"
Same story as many others. I was sold on the idea that a Buderus boiler was the best that the industry could offer. I replaced Aquastat twice, replaced electronic ignition once and replaced the ignition pilot assembly three times. Service calls totaling in excess of $2000.00. The ignition pilot situation is a product safety issue in my opinion. Vibrations from the boiler tend to back out the nut securing the fuel supply to the ignitor. I tried on several occassions to get help from their technical support in New Hampshire. No response and no help. I will never buy another Buderus product.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: Jack

"Buderus/Riello Heating System"
Buderus is a boiler manufacturer and does not supply the oil (gas) burner. Your service tech is the one that chooses what equipment that mates to this boiler. Most of the negative reviews are referring to the oil burner. I replaced a 50-year old American Standard with a Buderus 3 section mated to a Riello (Italian manufacturer)oil burner in November 2007. This small footprint unit sits on top of a Buderus 30 gallon indirect water tank with the Logamatic controls. I am saving greater than 40% in fuel costs.

Date created: 2009-11-10 Name: gus

"Oil fired buderus"
Installed direct vent buderus with carlin burner in 2004, never a single problem.

Date created: 2009-10-09 Name: Chuck

"Buderus 115"
I had what people told me was the best system out there. The boiler constantly gets clogged with thick, goowey, black, tar looking stuff when it gets cold out. I've had several people look at it. One guy told me that's it's the cold air intake that's causing the clogging. About once a week the boiler stops firing. I have to clean the boiler out and then it will run. Only happens in the cold of winter though. Seems to run fine in the summer. I guess I need to move to warmer climate to write a good review.