Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2012-06-05 Name: robby
Location: mass

"Boilerguy"
Hear many complaints. I've installed many boilers. If any of the Buderus are installed correctly they are one of the best on the market. gb 142 must be cleaned every 2 to 3 years usng minerial oil. Remove top and bottom plates. Oil boilers clean every year. All boilers must be set up with testers.

Date created: 2012-04-23 Name: Mark Horsley
Location: derby

"Don't buy"
This boiler is the worst item I have ever bought. Nothing but trouble from day one. They are over-rated junk. Stay clear. When it was taken out I smashed every bit of it. Glad to see the back of it.

Date created: 2012-03-27 Name: J. Johnson
Location: Stratford, CT

"Maybe it's your plumber"
I work in the hvac industry. Having read the complaints here, I am guessing that 95+% of these problems are due to installer error. These boilers are made on an assembly line. Their quality is uniform; it does not vary to this extreme. You know what does? The talent of installers. Hire a cheap plumber, live with that problem for years. The folks at Buderus don't want to come right out and say it: Your plumber's an idiot. We've installed well over 200 Buderus boilers. Not a single issue. Not one. Zero. The same can't be said about other brands, which have increasingly given us problems with cracked heat exchangers with. We're not in business to deal with hassles. So we only install Buderus now.

Date created: 2012-01-05 Name: D Mountin
Location: Ithaca, NY

"Great boiler and German technology"
Great Boiler! I've been reading to many negative reviews also. In six years my boiler has performed almost flawlessly. My install technician knew what he was doing! 2 Tune-ups to check over, clean heat exchanger, and filter. (very little dirt)I am impressed how the boiler has "imprinted" my house(2100') heating load with the use of the bc indoor temperature controller to measure indoor temperature - not outdoor! And sets comfort accordingly. I have a tight envelope and lot of insulation/good windows. With whole house above floor radiant baseboard ,"SpeedHeat",. With the bc control and boiler firing we are performing in the mid 90's comb. eff.!

Date created: 2011-11-21 Name: drew
Location: uk

"No heating"
Got hot water but no heating , three times this week had repair man out says it should work , still no heating. I've bought fan heaters now.

Date created: 2011-10-09 Name: B Nesheim

"Worthless unit.... JUNK"
This is my second review and our replacement unit Buderus G124X-25DI is just as worthless. It was installed 3 months ago and this evening water was pouring out of the heat exchanger. We have spent $4400.00 on the first repair and now it is leaking again. I'm going to junk the entire unit and replace with another system.

Date created: 2011-09-17 Name: Weber Plumbing
Location: Long Valley, NJ

"Improper installs"
I am a licensed plumbing and heating contractor in Northern New Jersey and I have also been reading some of these reviews. I have been installing Buderus Boilers for a while as well and they are by far the best product on the market. Most of the problem people on this site have been reporting are installation/maintenance problems. I would also be willing to say 95% of these problems are from poor installers. When you look for a company to work on your product from Buderus the person coming to your door should have a id card on him saying he is certified not his company saying they are certified. I bet I could fix most of your problems for well under what you guys are saying. Maybe people on this site should be writing the review on the installer and not the product. If you want it fixed I am sure the guy from New York or myself will be willing to come out. I know Buderus will send people from Germany if you have real problem.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Londonderry NH

"Boiler Discription and Information"
Effective cleaning system,Specially Designed Slop/Spent Wash handling System,system Designed for maximum heat Recovery System,Single Drum Design, Natural Circulation, Bottom Supported Design,Adequate residence time for Complete Combustion,2 Stage/3Stage Superheater with inter-stage Spray Attemperator,Separate Fired Superheater to achieve high degree of superheat.

Date created: 2011-05-10 Name: DNovak
Location: Little Falls, New York

"Buderus 115WS, Total install (My Labor) $4300.00. No failures all winter."
Installed a Buderus 115WS boiler and indirect water heater myself. This boiler replaced a 53 year old Weil McClain boiler that used 1 gallon a hour. Due to the efficiency of the Buderus, I was able to reduce the tip size to .75 GPH. With the old boiler I was getting a oil delivery once a month (Avg 75 gallons).I still have a 1/4 a tank of fuel after 6 months of operation in upstate NY. I had no failures all winter. I'm just going to clean the boiler, replace the oil filters, and continue to save money.Total cost $4300.00

Date created: 2011-04-14 Name: mgrady
Location: Bristol, CT

"New boiler"
Just had my Buderus boiler g115/4 installed the other day 4/12/11. Had that with a Tekmar 260 outdoor reset installed with my Amotrol indirect hot water with no problems other than a bad Tekmar relay that had to be replaced. Was a little nervous with complaints listed hre but not a problem on my install. Had a Riello burner with it. Would definitly reccommend