Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2014-03-12 Name: J Wane
Location: North Yorkshire

"Buderus boilers don't buy one!"
If it bears the name Buderus I would advise anyone thinking of buying a new boiler to avoid this company! Constant breakdowns, very expensive repairs even by their own people and very expensive insurance cover even their own, because they know their boilers are so unreliable. So bad are they, that some household insurance companies will not cover them as we have just found out after yet another breakdown. Avoid buderus!!!

Date created: 2013-10-04 Name: F ledwith
Location: Marion

"My Problem Was a Technician Problem"
I ranked it 1 star 2 years ago. But I found a Buderus certified heating company in my own town (pop. 5,000). Called them and they found mistakes made by the installers. Paid about $200.00 and it has been perfect ever since. I will say that unless your service person is listed on their website--Don't buy it! And if you think Buderus will respond to your problems, you would be wrong! They have zero customer service. I would go with a more common brand next time.

Date created: 2013-04-30 Name: Jean A.
Location: Abington, PA

"Don't Purchase This Brand"
I purchased a house with a Buderus heater already installed. After first year, I noticed water leaking from the bottom. I called the plumbing service who installed the unit to fix it. Eventually, a rep from Buderus had to come out. Of course, they couldn't find anything wrong. Needless to say, I switched plumbers and he was able to determine after taking the back off the unit, that the boiler was totally rusted thru causing the leak. The latest thing now is I have to bang the front of the unit to get it to fire up. I'm in the process of getting this unit replaced and can happily say not with a Buderus.

Date created: 2013-02-24 Name: Noreen Anne Galaba
Location: Breckenridge, CO

"A Nightmare"
I have had this boiler less than 5 years and it has given me nothing but trouble. As I write this, I am having to check it every hour around the clock to turn it on. The heat exchanger has blown and I have to start it manually to get heat. Unfortunately, no service around here because no technician will touch this product. They say it is junk and refuse to work on buderus. I have to wait until Mondar morning to order the part and then it probably wont get here until wed. Thanks a lot buderus. You suck!!!

Date created: 2013-02-19 Name: T. Williams
Location: Granville, NY

"Direct Vent System Warning"
I purchased the Buderus with factory matched Riello Direct Vent system in 2006. Professionally installed and serviced from beginning. It never functioned properly. The boiler structurally failed on 2/2/13(coldest this winter) with the door failing(not the gasket) and filled house with smoke/soot. Retailer said go to Buderus. Buderus refused to examine or attempt to rectify the problem. Watch out when buying. Chimney best option. New system being delivered today, not Buderus!!!!!

Date created: 2013-02-14 Name: alex cornella
Location: blairstown, nj

"Miserable"
I have had this Buderus boiler for less than 2 years and it has been nothing but problems. Using too much fuel and required several service calls to keep it running. Worse investment I ever made.

Date created: 2013-01-02 Name: Dave
Location: Concord, NH

"Homeowner"
Ours is a gb 124 45 in our 3000 sf home installed 5 years ago. Any issues were installer related. One issue that may be causing many complaints I'm reading is that our air intake had a metal screen in it that was to prevent debris intake. a low outdoor temps, the screen would clog with ice as the result of condensation. Thus, the system would shut down and only restart once the frozen condensate melted. The fix was to remove the screen. Simple fix that might help some.

Date created: 2012-09-28 Name: B. K. Jermakian
Location: Valley Stream, NY

"Great boiler"
I had the Buderus furnace g-115us installed with the Logamatic control and their s-120us indirect domestic hot water heater installed over 5 years ago. It has a Riello series 40 oil gun. It has been trouble free and the only maintenance has been to change the oil nozzle and filter annually. I also flush out the indirect water heater every couple of years. This is the quietest furnace I have ever had, and I have has many in my time. We are never out of hot water, 4 adult live in the house. The automatic climate control works fine keeping the house at an steady temperature. Our oil use had gone down too. My only regret is I am selling the house and I can't take it with me. So in my next house, I'll opt for another Buderus.

Date created: 2012-07-27 Name: tim w
Location: buffalo ny

"Read this general info please"
I've read several reviews, I work for a boiler distributor, and have two comments. 1) Many owners are unsatisfied more with the installer and costs than the actual boiler (and spending a lot doesn't guarentee a quality job); so choose carefully whom you hire 2) Don't dis the boiler manufacturer for pump and accessory type failures or equip problems due mostly to improper installation and/or service. Any boiler badly installed will exhibit problems and perform less reliably.

Date created: 2012-06-05 Name: robby
Location: mass

"Boilerguy"
Hear many complaints. I've installed many boilers. If any of the Buderus are installed correctly they are one of the best on the market. gb 142 must be cleaned every 2 to 3 years usng minerial oil. Remove top and bottom plates. Oil boilers clean every year. All boilers must be set up with testers.