Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2011-08-20 Name: FRANK LEDWITH
Location: MARION MA

"WASTE OF 10K"
I have Buderus 2 years old and never went more than 4 weeks without waking up to 55 degrees. By the time the installer felt it was the "brain" the parts house wouldn't warranty it. Spent over 1k and still have the same problem. We can't even plan a winter vacation till this is solved.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Londonderry NH

"Boiler Discription and Information"
Effective cleaning system,Specially Designed Slop/Spent Wash handling System,system Designed for maximum heat Recovery System,Single Drum Design, Natural Circulation, Bottom Supported Design,Adequate residence time for Complete Combustion,2 Stage/3Stage Superheater with inter-stage Spray Attemperator,Separate Fired Superheater to achieve high degree of superheat.

Date created: 2011-05-10 Name: DNovak
Location: Little Falls, New York

"Buderus 115WS, Total install (My Labor) $4300.00. No failures all winter."
Installed a Buderus 115WS boiler and indirect water heater myself. This boiler replaced a 53 year old Weil McClain boiler that used 1 gallon a hour. Due to the efficiency of the Buderus, I was able to reduce the tip size to .75 GPH. With the old boiler I was getting a oil delivery once a month (Avg 75 gallons).I still have a 1/4 a tank of fuel after 6 months of operation in upstate NY. I had no failures all winter. I'm just going to clean the boiler, replace the oil filters, and continue to save money.Total cost $4300.00

Date created: 2011-04-14 Name: mgrady
Location: Bristol, CT

"New boiler"
Just had my Buderus boiler g115/4 installed the other day 4/12/11. Had that with a Tekmar 260 outdoor reset installed with my Amotrol indirect hot water with no problems other than a bad Tekmar relay that had to be replaced. Was a little nervous with complaints listed hre but not a problem on my install. Had a Riello burner with it. Would definitly reccommend

Date created: 2011-04-02 Location: Valley Stream, NY

"Time to Buy a New Boiler After Cold Shower"
After my last boiler unit failed about a month ago, I've been forced to shower with cold water. So a week ago I finally had the presence of mind to go out and purchase a replacement unit. After researching Home Depot's website, I came across a wonderful Buderus unit at a great price including free shipping. This particular boiler also carries a Energy Star endorsement which means big annual savings on utility bills. So after a day it was professionally installed in place of the existing unit. Right away I can tell this unit apart from being handsome is also very efficient. I seem to never run out of hot water even after long showers and this is one of my favorite features of this boiler. As far as repair or replacement, it is premature to determine that. However based on reviews of this particular model, maintenance is seems non-existent as it is well constructed and always reliable. In conclusion, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone in the market for a new furnace.

Date created: 2011-02-20 Name: l. Bertsch
Location: Sherman Maine

"Read this"
I bought a Buderus g215 water boiler an indirect Logalux lt water heater to replace a 50 year old American Standard boiler. Had it installed in February when it was -10 degrees. My local dealer did the install. I did the research and sized it correctly for a 2700 sq.ft.house and did the purchasing myself for all the components including a Riello burner and Taco sr50 switching relay and outside temp sensors to control water temp. While it was being installed, I changed the house from 2 zone to 8 zone. The guys had the old boiler out, the new boiler and water heater installed in just over 10 hours. The house never got below 60. That was 8 years ago. I get it cleaned yearly although Buderus support (who actually will talk to the general public) says it isn't necessary. I have had zero problems with anything. 4 water circulators, 8 zone valves and no problems with anything! I live in northern Maine. It gets cold, very cold. Glad I purchased what I did. It just sits there and runs.

Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: tony
Location: Toms River, New Jersey

"Undependable System"
Purchased the GC 124 residenial unit and had it installed on October 22,2010. Five days later the unit worked for the first time after it was discovered the unit was wired wrong from the factory. The first problem occured on 10-28, the unit shut off. The contractor was called and a defected part was replaced. For the next month, the unit would shut off, contractor called, and another part was replaced. A Buderus sevice rep was called, and he had no answers as to why the unit shuts off. Now 4 months later,with every new part replaced, the problem continues. Only way to get heat, is to turn the electric off and the unit resets. Completely undependable unit, I am confined to my home unsure when the unit will shut off which can result in extensive water damage.

Date created: 2011-02-11 Name: Joe
Location: NY Long Island

"Buderus untrained guy"
Paid a guy in Lindenhurst $12K to install he hooked it up wrong and said he wast rained in Buderus but lied. I paid $5K more to fix it right. How can you tell if a mechanic is really trained in Buderus?

Date created: 2011-01-18 Name: Quality Mechanical
Location: Upstate NY

"READ THIS!!"
I have been reading several disappointed reviews regarding the GB boiler. One review states "it won't heat the house even though it's oversized". Let me say this, your issue has NOTHING to do with the boiler and everything to do with system design and installation. We install dozens of GB boilers and have nothing but satisfied customers. Firstly, a boiler shouldn't be oversized...it should be sized to the calculated heat load on the house. Secondly, the boiler can make only as much heat as the distribution can deliver. A knowledgeable contractor will measure your radiation and calculate a heat load on the house. Using that information, the maximum water temp for the system is calculated and used to cut off the curve in the AM10 control. You will only get peak efficiency if the return water temperature is low enough to absorb the latent heat of condensation from the flue gas. If the radiation is insufficient and the supply water temp. is elevated too much, you will lose efficiency. The GB should be installed with an ECM pump such as the Wilo Eco-stratos that can be dialed in to control the temp diff. between supply and return water, with adequate radiation the boiler will always be condensing and running at peak efficiency (except when firing for indirect HW). It is true that the boiler varies the supply water temp based on the heat load, it is always trying to run at peak efficiency (condense). I guarantee 95% of the dissatisfaction comes from uneducated and subpar contractors that cannot properly size and install the boiler. Buderus doesn't want Mr. Homeowner working on the boiler because Mr. Homeowner doesn't understand how it works. That's why you see poor reviews for a solid piece of equipment. The Germans don't build junk, it's a high performance boiler that needs specific piping, very clean water (no conventional anti freeze), etc. It's far superior to a weil-mclain, if that's the only boiler you're comfortable with that's a sad situation. Buderus offers training to their dealers that want to know how to properly and effectively instal their equipment, and we take it.

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: Mark
Location: Massachusetts

"Nothing but problems"
We average a service call every other month, as soon as one thing seems to work something else goes wrong. You put your money into an expensive system for efficiency and less headaches. This system is the complete opposite, not only is it just not worth the extra money, it is an inferior product. Just look at the reviews on this site alone, it seems it is a 50/50 proposition whether or not you will have problems. Not a gamble worth taking for 1,000's of dollars.