Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2013-02-14 Name: alex cornella
Location: blairstown, nj

"Miserable"
I have had this Buderus boiler for less than 2 years and it has been nothing but problems. Using too much fuel and required several service calls to keep it running. Worse investment I ever made.

Date created: 2013-01-02 Name: Dave
Location: Concord, NH

"Homeowner"
Ours is a gb 124 45 in our 3000 sf home installed 5 years ago. Any issues were installer related. One issue that may be causing many complaints I'm reading is that our air intake had a metal screen in it that was to prevent debris intake. a low outdoor temps, the screen would clog with ice as the result of condensation. Thus, the system would shut down and only restart once the frozen condensate melted. The fix was to remove the screen. Simple fix that might help some.

Date created: 2012-09-28 Name: B. K. Jermakian
Location: Valley Stream, NY

"Great boiler"
I had the Buderus furnace g-115us installed with the Logamatic control and their s-120us indirect domestic hot water heater installed over 5 years ago. It has a Riello series 40 oil gun. It has been trouble free and the only maintenance has been to change the oil nozzle and filter annually. I also flush out the indirect water heater every couple of years. This is the quietest furnace I have ever had, and I have has many in my time. We are never out of hot water, 4 adult live in the house. The automatic climate control works fine keeping the house at an steady temperature. Our oil use had gone down too. My only regret is I am selling the house and I can't take it with me. So in my next house, I'll opt for another Buderus.

Date created: 2012-07-27 Name: tim w
Location: buffalo ny

"Read this general info please"
I've read several reviews, I work for a boiler distributor, and have two comments. 1) Many owners are unsatisfied more with the installer and costs than the actual boiler (and spending a lot doesn't guarentee a quality job); so choose carefully whom you hire 2) Don't dis the boiler manufacturer for pump and accessory type failures or equip problems due mostly to improper installation and/or service. Any boiler badly installed will exhibit problems and perform less reliably.

Date created: 2012-06-05 Name: robby
Location: mass

"Boilerguy"
Hear many complaints. I've installed many boilers. If any of the Buderus are installed correctly they are one of the best on the market. gb 142 must be cleaned every 2 to 3 years usng minerial oil. Remove top and bottom plates. Oil boilers clean every year. All boilers must be set up with testers.

Date created: 2012-04-23 Name: Mark Horsley
Location: derby

"Don't buy"
This boiler is the worst item I have ever bought. Nothing but trouble from day one. They are over-rated junk. Stay clear. When it was taken out I smashed every bit of it. Glad to see the back of it.

Date created: 2012-03-27 Name: J. Johnson
Location: Stratford, CT

"Maybe it's your plumber"
I work in the hvac industry. Having read the complaints here, I am guessing that 95+% of these problems are due to installer error. These boilers are made on an assembly line. Their quality is uniform; it does not vary to this extreme. You know what does? The talent of installers. Hire a cheap plumber, live with that problem for years. The folks at Buderus don't want to come right out and say it: Your plumber's an idiot. We've installed well over 200 Buderus boilers. Not a single issue. Not one. Zero. The same can't be said about other brands, which have increasingly given us problems with cracked heat exchangers with. We're not in business to deal with hassles. So we only install Buderus now.

Date created: 2012-01-05 Name: D Mountin
Location: Ithaca, NY

"Great boiler and German technology"
Great Boiler! I've been reading to many negative reviews also. In six years my boiler has performed almost flawlessly. My install technician knew what he was doing! 2 Tune-ups to check over, clean heat exchanger, and filter. (very little dirt)I am impressed how the boiler has "imprinted" my house(2100') heating load with the use of the bc indoor temperature controller to measure indoor temperature - not outdoor! And sets comfort accordingly. I have a tight envelope and lot of insulation/good windows. With whole house above floor radiant baseboard ,"SpeedHeat",. With the bc control and boiler firing we are performing in the mid 90's comb. eff.!

Date created: 2011-11-21 Name: drew
Location: uk

"No heating"
Got hot water but no heating , three times this week had repair man out says it should work , still no heating. I've bought fan heaters now.

Date created: 2011-10-09 Name: B Nesheim

"Worthless unit.... JUNK"
This is my second review and our replacement unit Buderus G124X-25DI is just as worthless. It was installed 3 months ago and this evening water was pouring out of the heat exchanger. We have spent $4400.00 on the first repair and now it is leaking again. I'm going to junk the entire unit and replace with another system.