Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2017-12-09 Name: Jason Hawley
Location: Michigan

"Trash"
Boiler is absolute junk we put in New Yorker or Utica a friend at the wholesaler asked us to put this one in for his aunt been back 5 times in three months keeps giving lockout sensor err I will not purchase anything Ron Bosch again

Date created: 2017-10-09 Name: M ther
Location: Nantucket, MA

"Horrible experience"
Your very unsatisfactory reviews are honest and not from the others making money off installs. Talk to anyone on Nantucket. No uses them anymore because everyone has trouble with them.

Date created: 2017-02-07 Name: Doesn't Matter
Location: Morris County, NJ

"Service and Reliability"
Boiler is 5 years old and had service problems. That is expected but the Customer Service and technical Support is terrible. Buderus and its parent company Bosch should be ashamed of their lack of support to their customer base. For me and my family, we will never buy Lagano/Buderus, or Bosch as the products are reliable and their support stinks!

Date created: 2017-02-02 Name: L WALICKI

"Not a very happy Christmas 2016"
I had my new buderus boiler installed on January 12th 2015, after years of problems with my old burham boiler I decided to have a new one installed. I'm an senior citizen living on little. I thought all my problems had been solved(my installer had told me this new one would last me for 25 years) but that was not the case.on Christmas eve day morning 2016 I woke up with no heat, I called my company that installed it and they came out, was not able to fix it. So for four days I had no heat, on December 27th they came back and called your tech people and said it was the sensor, they put in the new sensor on the December 30th, the boiler worked until January 2017 no heat again, this time I had no heat for 5 days, they were told it was the aquasmart sensor. It was installed and then we had to wait for a different sensor so since Christmas to the 24th of January 2017 I had no heat for a total of 8 days. I had to pay out of pocket a total of $423.59 for a brand new boiler (money I could not afford) plus I feel that this should be something that buderus should take care of not me!! For me I now can not trust this new boiler, I'm very upset over this. I feel I should have this piece of junk replaced and a refund of my money I had to spend on getting new parts that should never have happened with this new boiler......I..can't trust it, I should not have to be convinced like this.

Date created: 2016-12-29 Name: r. beltz
Location: Greenfield, NH

"I outsmarted myself"
10 years ago, after due research into high efficiency boilers, I chose the 215be series of Buderus boilers; added bonus is that they are imported into us from Litchfield, New Hampshire which isn't far. I will cut the story short: This boiler is made for direct venting - don't go up a chimney. the stack temps are way too low and will cause corrosive condensation causing you to replace your new stainless steel liner (happened within 2 years). The efficiency ratings they give is for direct venting. After about 8 years, the burner wouldn't stay calibrated causing bad smells and improper oil burning. We just junked the entire thing for scrap metal as 215BE has an integrated burner (you can't replace with aftermarket unit like a Riello) you can't replace. Additionally, as it turns out, service on this unit is very poor due to under-trained techs (Buderus refused to give names of competent service folks in my area) Final analysis: Was efficient, today's burners are better, get something that everyone carries parts for and servicemen are trained on.....that way outweighs the slight advantage in efficiency.

Date created: 2016-11-15 Name: D Lindsay
Location: Auburn, NY

"A total piece of junk"
This burner is 8 years old and in the past 2 weeks, every part on it has burned out. Today, the repairman came to replace the started and noticed water leaking inside. The piece of crap has a crack and is leaking water and the goddamned warranty is useless. Buderus is crap.

Date created: 2016-09-26 Name: Homeowners are stupid
Location: Hartford, CT

"Homeowners are stupid"
All of you homeonwers leaving bad reviews are stupid. Your boilers are either installed wrong or were improperly serviced. Educate yourself before leaving a self-pitying review. It's okay that you overlooked these problems when you bought your house, it's okay that you went with the cheapest price, but don't place the blame where it doesn't belong. So yeah...

Date created: 2016-09-15 Name: Tim W.
Location: New York, NY

"Quality"
Having read many of these reviews, all of the 1 star reviews of this product are coming from frustrated homeowners. They have had failures of their heating systems and feel the need and responsibility to spread the word. If you read these reviews carefully, all of the 5 star reviews come from HVAC/Heating professionals. That leads me to believe that this is the boiler of choice for those professionals that are installing them. Buderus is an excellent boiler, it isn't by accident that the company has existed for around 280 years! I am in the HVAC industry and work closely with this boiler line. They have a less than 1% out-of-box failure rate. My job is to service heating equipment, and I will tell you first hand that the majority of issues that exist in the field are installer error. No manufacturer will openly tell a homeowner that their contractor screwed it up since they want to continue to get their business moving forward - contractors will rarely be repeat customers if the manufacturer "throws them under the bus". Manufacturers like Buderus instead encourage education of their products. If you are looking for the best boiler, then you needn't look any further. This boiler is at the top. However, regardless of the product, industry, or technology, if it isn't installed or maintained properly, the product will fail. If you put diesel fuel into a car that requires regular gas, it will fail - doesn't matter who made it. If you put 230v to a microwave that needs 110v, it will fail. If you put a Blu-ray DVD into a regular DVD player, it will fail. All of the best components are just that, components. Buderus boilers are the best boilers that you can put into a heating system, however, if the contractor that you hire isn't familiar with them and/or hasn't been educated on how to properly install them, the heating system will be a jumble of components trying to work, sometimes not being able to do so. When choosing a product, choose carefully. When you are choosing a contractor, don't go by price or flashy advertisements - do your homework. Read reviews of the contractor - those reviews are much more indicative than are product reviews. Check boiler manufacturers' websites. Do you see the contractor listed as a certified installer? If not, the manufacturer has probably never worked with them. Make sure that the person doing it is qualified.

Date created: 2016-07-18 Name: Johnny O
Location: Yellowknife, NT Canada

"No thanks"
My new house (December 2014) came with a Buderus boiler and I have had nothing but trouble with it. We live in northern Canada and therefore we can't afford to have a 'lemon' for a boiler. This boiler goes out about 5-6 times per year with several different fault codes. I have been using NTI boilers in several buildings I have built over the past couple of years and have zero problems with them. I may change the one in my house now.

Date created: 2016-04-27 Name: D. Rubin
Location: Boston, MA

"No words to describe this fiasco"
We installed the Logamax plus GB142 during a total reconstruction project about nine years ago. From the time of installation, until today, we have had no less then 15 service calls (maybe more) on the boiler and corresponding air exchangers. It has been one thing or another, pumps, condensate trap, technician saying that it does not need an annual service, etc., etc., etc. We go away for the winter and for the last three years during the winter, our boiler has shut down at least a dozen times. In all my years of owning a home and dealing with cold Northeast winters, I have never in my life experienced more trouble with the heating system then with the Buderus GB142. In addition, their technical support has been either nonexistent, rude, or not helpful at all. If I could afford it, I would rip the whole thing out and install something reliable. The company should be ashamed of themselves.