Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2016-01-12 Name: Peg M.
Location: Bellingham, WA

"Horrible--need class action!"
Our Buderus boiler began failing in its sixth year due to the aluminum heat exchanger and the service people cannot fix it. This is clearly a model that was junk from the beginning. The comment about needing a good installer is really beside the point when it is the inside aluminum that is the failure. We were told this was expensive but great quality--we were had! Need to get replacement ASAP.

Date created: 2015-12-31 Name: Moran
Location: New England

"Run far away!"
This thing has been a nightmare from day one! We had one installed and it had a very loud thunk every time it fired up. Finally after months of our plumber being at our house to look it over and tear it apart Buderus decided to get involved in the warranty issue. It took the local supplier to get that to happen. Otherwise I do not think it would have. Finally, after another month, Buderus admits - we have a lemon! It needs to be replaced! So we get it replaced. One of the issues with the first one was the constant air in the system. We assumed that it was the first one and its flaws, only now we have the second one and it is the same thing. Once a week we purge a ton of air out of this thing! It is so loud in our house, banging and clanging! Again, no one will help us. Our plumber says he does not know why it is happening - 30 years of experience and he does not know? Buderus won't respond and the supplier is out of it I guess - no help, just a ton of noise! Funny how all the bad reviews are from actual home owners who have to deal with these piles of crap! But the good reviews are contractors saying, "I have installed these for years, they are wonderful". Do any of you have them in your homes? We have only had this for 6 months, we wish we never had this furnace put in.

Date created: 2015-11-11 Name: feebee51
Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Do not buy"
This costly boiler was state of the art 5 years ago when I had it installed. The first tune up cost $600 because a part had to be replaced. Now after 5 years there is water all over the basement floor from it. Most companies won't even consider repairing it because of all the problems this thing has a reputation for. Be prepared to pay big bucks just to maintain. It needs a mineral bath every year and routinely will need costly replacement parts. Even the service technician said the Buderus is known for problems and expense. So sorry I am stuck with this nightmare.

Date created: 2015-10-29 Location: Windsor, CT

"Water Boiler Review"
I've had this water boiler for 5 years. It was in the house when I bought it at that point. I believe it is about 10 years old overall and I don't think there were any problems with it before I moved in and started using it. It has only really needed one repair that wasn't too costly. Otherwise, it has worked well. The only repair was the nozzle was broken and it cost $200 to fix. The repair took a couple hours for inspection and for installation of the new nozzle, so it wasn't a big deal to get it repaired. I would buy it again. It is relatively small and looks pretty good so it's not an eye sore. It works efficiently and does the job effectively. Overall, I am satisfied with the boiler and it has only had one problem in 5 years and I think that is reasonable.

Date created: 2015-09-24 Name: Laurie
Location: Brookline, MA

"Worst ever boiler/hot water heater"
My Buderus boiler/hot water tank is now nearly 4 years old, the same age as the house. I have spent thousands on fixing it. The hot water stops working, the pressure is low, something says a flap is stuck, the list goes on. In the past, I bought a hot water heater, did nothing to it until it died about 12 years later, then got a new one. I can't even find anyone who will service it. This would be the last company I would ever recommend.

Date created: 2015-09-15 Name: michael
Location: Boston, MA

"Boiler issues"
Wow, I've read many of these reviews and I am shocked. As a heating engineer and service tech for an oil heating company in the Boston area, we highly recommend this boiler. At almost 90% AFUE, and high tech capability and reliability, it is one of the best boilers in the industry. Other techs have chimed in all to say: installer error (don't hire a plumber!) and other brand malfunctions have given this fine boiler a bad name. We install hundreds per year and have had only a handful of problems. Control problems mainly. Don't confuse the product. The boiler is excellent, the matched products not always. Consider using a company to install the unit that will also be the ones servicing the unit....you will get a better installation.

Date created: 2015-08-17 Name: Mrs J Blythe
Location: Manchester, UK

"500 28C Mode. Would be good if only it kept working"
We have had our Buderus boiler for seven years. We must have had at least seven repairs. We have practically had it rebuilt with the parts that failed. I would never recommend or buy again, worst purchase I ever made.

Date created: 2015-02-11 Name: Joan Collins
Location: Swanton,VT

"Buyers"
Our Buderus broke down for the 20th time in 10 years, and of course it took 2 days to repair and the temperature was -10 last night. This furnace is a nightmare. We have spent more on repairs than the price of a new furnace. The company does not respond to complaints.

Date created: 2015-01-28 Name: Robert
Location: Massachusetts

"You better read these warnings!"
Same here - my unit has now officially cost more to repair than it cost to purchase and install. It is non-stop problems. Do not even think about purchasing, you will be sorry.

Date created: 2014-12-26 Name: Lynn Martone
Location: Fairfield, CT

"Regret purchasing a Buderus boiler!"
We purchased this costly unit about 3 years ago. It was the worst purchase ever! It constantly breaks down and cannot be easily or quickly repaired. We have spent many nights staying at hotels because of this inferior boiler! Merry Christmas...it's broken again. It's Friday, and no surprise, it cannot be repaired until Monday! This is a garbage unit!