Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2015-02-11 Name: Joan Collins
Location: Swanton,VT

"Buyers"
Our Buderus broke down for the 20th time in 10 years, and of course it took 2 days to repair and the temperature was -10 last night. This furnace is a nightmare. We have spent more on repairs than the price of a new furnace. The company does not respond to complaints.

Date created: 2015-01-28 Name: Robert
Location: Massachusetts

"You better read these warnings!"
Same here - my unit has now officially cost more to repair than it cost to purchase and install. It is non-stop problems. Do not even think about purchasing, you will be sorry.

Date created: 2014-12-26 Name: Lynn Martone
Location: Fairfield, CT

"Regret purchasing a Buderus boiler!"
We purchased this costly unit about 3 years ago. It was the worst purchase ever! It constantly breaks down and cannot be easily or quickly repaired. We have spent many nights staying at hotels because of this inferior boiler! Merry Christmas...it's broken again. It's Friday, and no surprise, it cannot be repaired until Monday! This is a garbage unit!

Date created: 2014-08-03 Name: Shawn D
Location: Enfield CT

"Installer error"
I will have to agree with the other techs who responded. I have been installing Buderus products going on 13 years and even have this product line in my house. I install well over 100 boilers a year and the Buderus line has a 90% success rate. Issues happen with all products even new cars. But Buderus also has referred us to customers who have used other contractors and the issues I find are all installer error. For the 10% fail rate we have had was due to controls not working right which don't even have the Buderus name attached to it. I recommend people look up other brands and you will be shocked.

Date created: 2014-03-12 Name: J Wane
Location: North Yorkshire

"Buderus boilers don't buy one!"
If it bears the name Buderus I would advise anyone thinking of buying a new boiler to avoid this company! Constant breakdowns, very expensive repairs even by their own people and very expensive insurance cover even their own, because they know their boilers are so unreliable. So bad are they, that some household insurance companies will not cover them as we have just found out after yet another breakdown. Avoid buderus!!!

Date created: 2013-10-04 Name: F ledwith
Location: Marion

"My Problem Was a Technician Problem"
I ranked it 1 star 2 years ago. But I found a Buderus certified heating company in my own town (pop. 5,000). Called them and they found mistakes made by the installers. Paid about $200.00 and it has been perfect ever since. I will say that unless your service person is listed on their website--Don't buy it! And if you think Buderus will respond to your problems, you would be wrong! They have zero customer service. I would go with a more common brand next time.

Date created: 2013-04-30 Name: Jean A.
Location: Abington, PA

"Don't Purchase This Brand"
I purchased a house with a Buderus heater already installed. After first year, I noticed water leaking from the bottom. I called the plumbing service who installed the unit to fix it. Eventually, a rep from Buderus had to come out. Of course, they couldn't find anything wrong. Needless to say, I switched plumbers and he was able to determine after taking the back off the unit, that the boiler was totally rusted thru causing the leak. The latest thing now is I have to bang the front of the unit to get it to fire up. I'm in the process of getting this unit replaced and can happily say not with a Buderus.

Date created: 2013-02-24 Name: Noreen Anne Galaba
Location: Breckenridge, CO

"A Nightmare"
I have had this boiler less than 5 years and it has given me nothing but trouble. As I write this, I am having to check it every hour around the clock to turn it on. The heat exchanger has blown and I have to start it manually to get heat. Unfortunately, no service around here because no technician will touch this product. They say it is junk and refuse to work on buderus. I have to wait until Mondar morning to order the part and then it probably wont get here until wed. Thanks a lot buderus. You suck!!!

Date created: 2013-02-19 Name: T. Williams
Location: Granville, NY

"Direct Vent System Warning"
I purchased the Buderus with factory matched Riello Direct Vent system in 2006. Professionally installed and serviced from beginning. It never functioned properly. The boiler structurally failed on 2/2/13(coldest this winter) with the door failing(not the gasket) and filled house with smoke/soot. Retailer said go to Buderus. Buderus refused to examine or attempt to rectify the problem. Watch out when buying. Chimney best option. New system being delivered today, not Buderus!!!!!

Date created: 2013-02-14 Name: alex cornella
Location: blairstown, nj

"Miserable"
I have had this Buderus boiler for less than 2 years and it has been nothing but problems. Using too much fuel and required several service calls to keep it running. Worse investment I ever made.