Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2016-11-15 Name: D Lindsay
Location: Auburn, NY

"A total piece of junk"
This burner is 8 years old and in the past 2 weeks, every part on it has burned out. Today, the repairman came to replace the started and noticed water leaking inside. The piece of crap has a crack and is leaking water and the goddamned warranty is useless. Buderus is crap.

Date created: 2016-09-26 Name: Homeowners are stupid
Location: Hartford, CT

"Homeowners are stupid"
All of you homeonwers leaving bad reviews are stupid. Your boilers are either installed wrong or were improperly serviced. Educate yourself before leaving a self-pitying review. It's okay that you overlooked these problems when you bought your house, it's okay that you went with the cheapest price, but don't place the blame where it doesn't belong. So yeah...

Date created: 2016-09-15 Name: Tim W.
Location: New York, NY

"Quality"
Having read many of these reviews, all of the 1 star reviews of this product are coming from frustrated homeowners. They have had failures of their heating systems and feel the need and responsibility to spread the word. If you read these reviews carefully, all of the 5 star reviews come from HVAC/Heating professionals. That leads me to believe that this is the boiler of choice for those professionals that are installing them. Buderus is an excellent boiler, it isn't by accident that the company has existed for around 280 years! I am in the HVAC industry and work closely with this boiler line. They have a less than 1% out-of-box failure rate. My job is to service heating equipment, and I will tell you first hand that the majority of issues that exist in the field are installer error. No manufacturer will openly tell a homeowner that their contractor screwed it up since they want to continue to get their business moving forward - contractors will rarely be repeat customers if the manufacturer "throws them under the bus". Manufacturers like Buderus instead encourage education of their products. If you are looking for the best boiler, then you needn't look any further. This boiler is at the top. However, regardless of the product, industry, or technology, if it isn't installed or maintained properly, the product will fail. If you put diesel fuel into a car that requires regular gas, it will fail - doesn't matter who made it. If you put 230v to a microwave that needs 110v, it will fail. If you put a Blu-ray DVD into a regular DVD player, it will fail. All of the best components are just that, components. Buderus boilers are the best boilers that you can put into a heating system, however, if the contractor that you hire isn't familiar with them and/or hasn't been educated on how to properly install them, the heating system will be a jumble of components trying to work, sometimes not being able to do so. When choosing a product, choose carefully. When you are choosing a contractor, don't go by price or flashy advertisements - do your homework. Read reviews of the contractor - those reviews are much more indicative than are product reviews. Check boiler manufacturers' websites. Do you see the contractor listed as a certified installer? If not, the manufacturer has probably never worked with them. Make sure that the person doing it is qualified.

Date created: 2016-07-18 Name: Johnny O
Location: Yellowknife, NT Canada

"No thanks"
My new house (December 2014) came with a Buderus boiler and I have had nothing but trouble with it. We live in northern Canada and therefore we can't afford to have a 'lemon' for a boiler. This boiler goes out about 5-6 times per year with several different fault codes. I have been using NTI boilers in several buildings I have built over the past couple of years and have zero problems with them. I may change the one in my house now.

Date created: 2016-04-27 Name: D. Rubin
Location: Boston, MA

"No words to describe this fiasco"
We installed the Logamax plus GB142 during a total reconstruction project about nine years ago. From the time of installation, until today, we have had no less then 15 service calls (maybe more) on the boiler and corresponding air exchangers. It has been one thing or another, pumps, condensate trap, technician saying that it does not need an annual service, etc., etc., etc. We go away for the winter and for the last three years during the winter, our boiler has shut down at least a dozen times. In all my years of owning a home and dealing with cold Northeast winters, I have never in my life experienced more trouble with the heating system then with the Buderus GB142. In addition, their technical support has been either nonexistent, rude, or not helpful at all. If I could afford it, I would rip the whole thing out and install something reliable. The company should be ashamed of themselves.

Date created: 2016-03-11 Name: alex cornella
Location: Blairstown, NJ

"Big waste of $"
Going on 5 years with this boiler and averaged at least 2 service calls each season in addition to an annual tuneup. Consumes more oil than my old klunker. Buderous tech support is useless. I asked for a field engineer to inspect my unit and Buderus ignored my request. Stay away from Buderus.

Date created: 2016-01-12 Name: Peg M.
Location: Bellingham, WA

"Horrible--need class action!"
Our Buderus boiler began failing in its sixth year due to the aluminum heat exchanger and the service people cannot fix it. This is clearly a model that was junk from the beginning. The comment about needing a good installer is really beside the point when it is the inside aluminum that is the failure. We were told this was expensive but great quality--we were had! Need to get replacement ASAP.

Date created: 2015-12-31 Name: Moran
Location: New England

"Run far away!"
This thing has been a nightmare from day one! We had one installed and it had a very loud thunk every time it fired up. Finally after months of our plumber being at our house to look it over and tear it apart Buderus decided to get involved in the warranty issue. It took the local supplier to get that to happen. Otherwise I do not think it would have. Finally, after another month, Buderus admits - we have a lemon! It needs to be replaced! So we get it replaced. One of the issues with the first one was the constant air in the system. We assumed that it was the first one and its flaws, only now we have the second one and it is the same thing. Once a week we purge a ton of air out of this thing! It is so loud in our house, banging and clanging! Again, no one will help us. Our plumber says he does not know why it is happening - 30 years of experience and he does not know? Buderus won't respond and the supplier is out of it I guess - no help, just a ton of noise! Funny how all the bad reviews are from actual home owners who have to deal with these piles of crap! But the good reviews are contractors saying, "I have installed these for years, they are wonderful". Do any of you have them in your homes? We have only had this for 6 months, we wish we never had this furnace put in.

Date created: 2015-11-11 Name: feebee51
Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Do not buy"
This costly boiler was state of the art 5 years ago when I had it installed. The first tune up cost $600 because a part had to be replaced. Now after 5 years there is water all over the basement floor from it. Most companies won't even consider repairing it because of all the problems this thing has a reputation for. Be prepared to pay big bucks just to maintain. It needs a mineral bath every year and routinely will need costly replacement parts. Even the service technician said the Buderus is known for problems and expense. So sorry I am stuck with this nightmare.

Date created: 2015-10-29 Location: Windsor, CT

"Water Boiler Review"
I've had this water boiler for 5 years. It was in the house when I bought it at that point. I believe it is about 10 years old overall and I don't think there were any problems with it before I moved in and started using it. It has only really needed one repair that wasn't too costly. Otherwise, it has worked well. The only repair was the nozzle was broken and it cost $200 to fix. The repair took a couple hours for inspection and for installation of the new nozzle, so it wasn't a big deal to get it repaired. I would buy it again. It is relatively small and looks pretty good so it's not an eye sore. It works efficiently and does the job effectively. Overall, I am satisfied with the boiler and it has only had one problem in 5 years and I think that is reasonable.