Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2019-02-10 Name: Cliff Combres
Location: Saskatoon, SK Canada

"Happy"
We've had our Buderus boiler since 2007 and heat about 4200 sq. Ft. With it. It is in a separate building that is 16x 24 and this is part of the total sq. Footage that is heated. There are filters on the return line and it is running with about a 50% glycol mix with the city of Saskatoon water. I try to run it with a 7 ph level. On an annual basis, I dismantle the boiler and do a fairly thorough cleaning. I must say that other then a few glitches I've had no trouble with it. A Couple of former co-workers and myself installed the system ourselves, one being a plumber/ gas fitter and the other being in energy management. I myself being an electrician. By reading the reviews I see I'm in the minority as far as customer satisfaction is concerned.

Date created: 2018-01-09 Name: Dennis Caso
Location: Ithaca, NY

"Stay away! Icy"
Stay away/ do not purchase!! I have a buderus "high efficiency" heating system which heats water for heating the house as well as for domestic use. The system went down last week, there is no hot water for heating the house or washing. It has been a week...the other night it was 2 below zero. This is a poorly thought out system. You need to really think about this if you are considering purchasing one of these.
Date created: 2017-12-26 Name: Roberta Callinan
Location: Winthrop, MA

"Constant problems"
We have had this Buderus boiler for about 11 years and have replaced and repaired almost every part in this system. Since year one we have had at least 1-2 service calls a year! We have spent at least as much as we originally paid for it in service repair calls! This is a total disgrace and the company I feel should do the right thing and replace the unit for customers who have had these kind of problems! Right now we are having a problem that our burner service man can't figure out because we have replaced everything that would cause the problem we are having! $$$. do not buy Buderus!!!
Date created: 2017-12-09 Name: Jason Hawley
Location: Michigan

"Trash"
Boiler is absolute junk we put in New Yorker or Utica a friend at the wholesaler asked us to put this one in for his aunt been back 5 times in three months keeps giving lockout sensor err I will not purchase anything Ron Bosch again
Date created: 2017-10-09 Name: M ther
Location: Nantucket, MA

"Horrible experience"
Your very unsatisfactory reviews are honest and not from the others making money off installs. Talk to anyone on Nantucket. No uses them anymore because everyone has trouble with them.
Date created: 2017-02-07 Name: Doesn't Matter
Location: Morris County, NJ

"Service and Reliability"
Boiler is 5 years old and had service problems. That is expected but the Customer Service and technical Support is terrible. Buderus and its parent company Bosch should be ashamed of their lack of support to their customer base. For me and my family, we will never buy Lagano/Buderus, or Bosch as the products are reliable and their support stinks!
Date created: 2017-02-02 Name: L WALICKI

"Not a very happy Christmas 2016"
I had my new buderus boiler installed on January 12th 2015, after years of problems with my old burham boiler I decided to have a new one installed. I'm an senior citizen living on little. I thought all my problems had been solved(my installer had told me this new one would last me for 25 years) but that was not the case.on Christmas eve day morning 2016 I woke up with no heat, I called my company that installed it and they came out, was not able to fix it. So for four days I had no heat, on December 27th they came back and called your tech people and said it was the sensor, they put in the new sensor on the December 30th, the boiler worked until January 2017 no heat again, this time I had no heat for 5 days, they were told it was the aquasmart sensor. It was installed and then we had to wait for a different sensor so since Christmas to the 24th of January 2017 I had no heat for a total of 8 days. I had to pay out of pocket a total of $423.59 for a brand new boiler (money I could not afford) plus I feel that this should be something that buderus should take care of not me!! For me I now can not trust this new boiler, I'm very upset over this. I feel I should have this piece of junk replaced and a refund of my money I had to spend on getting new parts that should never have happened with this new boiler......I..can't trust it, I should not have to be convinced like this.
Date created: 2016-12-29 Name: r. beltz
Location: Greenfield, NH

"I outsmarted myself"
10 years ago, after due research into high efficiency boilers, I chose the 215be series of Buderus boilers; added bonus is that they are imported into us from Litchfield, New Hampshire which isn't far. I will cut the story short: This boiler is made for direct venting - don't go up a chimney. the stack temps are way too low and will cause corrosive condensation causing you to replace your new stainless steel liner (happened within 2 years). The efficiency ratings they give is for direct venting. After about 8 years, the burner wouldn't stay calibrated causing bad smells and improper oil burning. We just junked the entire thing for scrap metal as 215BE has an integrated burner (you can't replace with aftermarket unit like a Riello) you can't replace. Additionally, as it turns out, service on this unit is very poor due to under-trained techs (Buderus refused to give names of competent service folks in my area) Final analysis: Was efficient, today's burners are better, get something that everyone carries parts for and servicemen are trained on.....that way outweighs the slight advantage in efficiency.
Date created: 2016-11-15 Name: D Lindsay
Location: Auburn, NY

"A total piece of junk"
This burner is 8 years old and in the past 2 weeks, every part on it has burned out. Today, the repairman came to replace the started and noticed water leaking inside. The piece of crap has a crack and is leaking water and the goddamned warranty is useless. Buderus is crap.
Date created: 2016-09-26 Name: Homeowners are stupid
Location: Hartford, CT

"Homeowners are stupid"
All of you homeonwers leaving bad reviews are stupid. Your boilers are either installed wrong or were improperly serviced. Educate yourself before leaving a self-pitying review. It's okay that you overlooked these problems when you bought your house, it's okay that you went with the cheapest price, but don't place the blame where it doesn't belong. So yeah...