Consumer Reviews of Baxi boilers

Read more about Baxi boilers

Date created: 2015-10-24 Name: L. Boutin

"Do not buy this product"
Do not purchase this product, ever. Nothing but constant problems.

Date created: 2015-08-06 Name: Dan Church
Location: Roseboom, NY

"Support? Parts?"
We don't have any stinking support or parts. Rude suppliers with phony inventory lists. The importer does not answer emails.

Date created: 2015-03-09 Location: Fort worth, Texas

"Great boiler that will last me a long time"
I have owned my boiler for 10 years now. I like the fact that it has never gave me any trouble.I dislike the size of it ,newer versions are a bit smaller. I have never had to replace it.It has been good to me all these years.I would buy this brand over again if I had too.I would also Recommend it to not just one friend but everyone.

Date created: 2015-02-03 Name: Jeff zink
Location: Auburn, NY

"Baxi boiler is terrible"
I built a new home in upstate New York and my contractor talked me into a Baxi duo boiler. I have spent thousands of dollars on this piece of junk, replacing three control boards which are only warrantied for 90 days, a new fan, and several other parts, too. Why don't we start a class action lawsuit against them?

Date created: 2015-02-01 Name: JM
Location: Boston, MA

"Regrettable mistake"
After extensive research, we thought this unit would be the ideal replacement when we converted our home from oil to gas heating. At the beginning, for the first two years, it worked well. We did notice that when temperatures got colder, the pilot light tended to shut itself off. Then we had a problem with the hot water not working. Finally, on the eve of a winter storm, the power light went off and the pilot shut down, and a little leak began beneath the unit. That's when I reached my limit with this equipment. We watched the temperatures plummet inside as we tried to get a qualified technician to help. Anytime we have a problem, we have to call the people who installed it for us and it's an expensive production every time. They act like it's a big favor they are doing us even though they represent the brand. The unit is supposed to be serviced once a year. I can't get anyone to do that. I hate this unreliable thing. I always have to check to make sure the pilot is running and that I don't need to reset it so that I don't leave for the day and return at night to a freezing house. I regret that we bought it. I hope we can replace it before we come home one day to temperatures in the 40's (yes, that cold) and busted pipes. Don't bother with this unit. It's a nightmare. It's temperamental and no one knows how or wants to service it.

Date created: 2014-12-16 Name: HN
Location: Colorado

"Lacking in long-term reliability"
Positive: It takes very little space. It worked well for the first 7-8 years, so it seems to be properly installed. Negative: Difficulty in finding anyone who will work on Baxi. Most laugh and hang up. A very unpleasant winter, 2012/13, I spent $1300 in repairs/parts. It took months due to difficulty in obtaining parts. Less than two years later, the unit had the same problems with switching between heat and hot water and shutting off (except for the fan) in the midst of heating. Don't dare travel in winter without winterizing, as the boiler is not reliable for heat. Someone has to check on a daily basis! Saving money to replace it with a different brand!

Date created: 2014-10-22 Name: Sandy
Location: Medicine Hat, AB

"Don't waste your money"
I've had this boiler for years and have had lots of problems. Since June, I will have had it serviced 3 times. Someone will be coming out tomorrow because I have no hot water again! And I haven't even gotten the bill from the last time they were here for the same problem. Don't waste your money on this brand!

Date created: 2013-03-22 Name: Jonathan Fino
Location: Branford Ct

"Baxi Luna Boilers are AWESOME!!!"
If you are having a problem with a Baxi, it is a 99% chance that it was not installed correctly. I have been Installing Baxi systems now for almost 5 years. We are the #1 Baxi Installer in the state of CT. We have installed about 50 per year. 3 of my employees have put them in their houses. Everyone loves them. We have very few problems with them. The key is to make sure that your plumber or installation professional is properly trained (as my employees are) to work on and install any High Efficient system that you invest in. Baxi as all others manufactures need to be installed by trained professionals. It is not something you can just put in without proper training. If they are not Installed in the correct application, plumbed properly, or programmed correctly they will not work as they should. Many of my customers have saved over 50% in heating there houses(converting from oil to gas).

Date created: 2012-08-20 Name: Jodi Wightman
Location: Deering, NH

"Luna 310"
It sucks more than my dyson vacuum! Massive waste of money. We had a faulty product that has needed work since day one, and company tries to blames the plumber and the plumber blames Baxi. We spend more on propane now than ever before and we heat 1/3 less of our home as well as switched to electric appliances. Don't do it!!!