Consumer Reviews of Amana air handlers

#2  of 6 brands of air handlers

Read more about Amana air handlers

Read reviews of other Air Handler brands

Date created: 2014-10-02 Name: Don Bowers
Location: Petaluma, CA

"Failing to check air conditioning before leaving"
I had the unit put in last year and never really used it. This year I needed to turn it on because of a short heat wave. The air would not cool the house. I called my contractor and he sent out a repairman. He adjusted all the vents and the air conditioning worked fantastic, upstairs and down. My complaint is the company that installed it failed to check for proper vents to make sure the house was cooling down. I was charged over $80.00 to fix a minor problem that should have been corrected at the time of installation. The company did fantastic work, but failed me in completion to make sure all was working properly. I should get my money returned. It's not the amount, it's the principle of the thing.

Date created: 2013-12-19 Name: P Greek
Location: Jenks, OK

"Warranty not honored"
I purchased 16 Amana Air Handlers & 14 seer a/c (410a) Quotation from Goodman dealer clearly states warranty on the units. However, Goodman will not honor the warranty as stated by the authorized dealer. I purchased the Amana equipment based solely on the warranty. My maintenance costs on the Amanda product in less than five years has been five times greater than my maintenance costs on a competitorís product in 22 years at another property.

Date created: 2013-07-11 Name: Maurice Bergeron
Location: Seymour,Tn

"We Purchased this Unit in May 2013"
We purchased this unit in May 2013 on the advise of the salesman. The unit has not worked properly since they installed it. The unit run all day and night and will not shut off. The temperature would rise at night to 69 degrees, when the thermostat was set at 63 degrees. After the fourth attempt to fix it, the service company said they found the problem. Seems to be an expansion valve failure. I am very worried whether we made the right decision on this brand.

Date created: 2012-05-29 Name: kirb1978@envoymail.org
Location: Tampa, FL

"Avoid Amana"
Bought a complete Amana system in October 2010 and have regretted that decision since. Two failures within 19 months, no immediate availability of parts and a satisfaction guaranteed that as worthless as the paper upon which it is written. Stay away from Amana or any similar product manufactured by Goodman for that matter. Product quality leaves a great deal to be desired and component failure will leave you stranded!