Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-08-01 Name: Patricia Fidler
Location: California

"Model Not Listed"
We moved into a new home 3 1/2 years ago with a York ac. The coil blew out and they had to build a new one. All of this will take 3 weeks minimum for it to be repaired, Meanwhile it is August and temps have been hovering in the triple digits. They also said it would cost $260 to ship the replacement coil to us, plus the $1500 for the repair cost. The previous repairman said this unit is junk and we have just begun to fork out thousands of dollars. Needless to say, I am very unhappy with this product.

Date created: 2012-07-28 Name: Edward
Location: Reno, NV

"Six Years of Hell (Very Hot When it's Broken)"
A nightmare. Every year one or two major breakdowns. This week, a first. We had an electrical problem on the 24v control circuits: kept blowing a fuse. So, the repair fellow sets it up to identify the source. The unit breaks down in 5 days with a completely unrelated problem. Now, that is fixed, and we are waiting for the intermittent electric problem to surface. This came with our new house, but I'll never buy York.

Date created: 2012-07-18 Name: Bob A

"Crap"
We have 12 new apartments with york furnaces and air, and we have had trouble with everyone ac units and furnaces. They are junk. All 2- 5 years old. Can't even get parts for them.

Date created: 2012-06-18 Name: Alex
Location: Milwaukee, WI

"TERRIBLE"
The condenser sprang a leak twice. Each time we were given the run- around by the company (a unit of Johnson Controls), given the cold- shoulder, and finally simply dropped. Basically, this is a company that does not honor its warranty. Totally shameless.

Date created: 2012-05-29 Name: Vito
Location: Toronto Ontario

"Terrible!"
Was told by Aireone that the York Stellar air conditioners were the best and would last a long time! After two years, I had problem after problem, mainly with leaks! I'm tired of fixing it and am replacing it with another brand. I e-mailed York twice and they never responded. Never again!

Date created: 2012-04-30 Name: KENNETH HUTCHINSON
Location: HARTFORD, CT.

"CONTRACTOR"
I am a retired hvac contractor in the state of Connecticut. The install ion of equipment should be done only by trained professionals, following proper trade practices. I have installed many brands with a very high rate of satisfaction. You do not blame the pencil for misspelled words, donít blame the equipment. Find a contractor that has been trained by the manufactures of the equipment they sell and have all the licenses required by your state. It's not about the lowest price. it's about getting the right person to do your install.

Date created: 2012-03-29 Name: Bill Ward
Location: New Lenox, IL

"Out dated models"
Many of the available residential models to choose from on this site are no longer manufactured. None of the current models are listed. That means this site has not been updated in at least 5 years. I have been installing York equipment for 5 years and if there was trouble with this equipment I would not be selling it. My company has an excellent reputation and are use York equipment with full confidence in it's reliability.

Date created: 2012-03-01 Name: Patti Donovan
Location: Frederck, MD

"New York System"
We just bought a new York gas furnace and ac. Our contractor recommended the brand and we were impressed it is made in the usa. We chose the standard 13 seer unit with a 95% high-efficiency gas furnace. Very happy so far, much quieter than our old unit.

Date created: 2012-02-04 Name: L Gustafson
Location: Katy, Tx

"Very Poor Experience With York"
Bought a new home in September of 2004, with the York system installed. In May of 2009, the compressor on the side near the bottom blew a hole in it the size of a Silver Dollar. New compressor was installed. Now February of 2012, the compressor grounded out and burned up. I am now in the process of installing a new a/c System after less than 8 yrs. It will not be York. Two compressors in less than eight years. In December of this past year, the York Diamond 80 Furnace stopped working and the circuit board had to be replaced. Did not have a good experience with York.

Date created: 2011-11-28 Name: Mark C.
Location: Lima, OH

"Great Unit"
Surprised to see all the negative reviews on York, I called and my contractor pointed out most are installation or service related. Per his words, if put in and serviced properly York is as good if not better than others.