Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-07-06 Name: John F.
Location: West Hills, Ca.

"Worst AC I have ever owned"
Installed a York Furnace and A/C system 3 years ago. The compressor on the condensing unit went out last month. Although the compressor was under warranty, it was not stocked by the local dealers and took 5 days to get shipped from one of York's warehouse. The labor cost to replace it was $750 . I will not buy a York unit again. Never expected a compressor to go out in 3 years. It is definitely a poor product.

Date created: 2014-07-05 Name: Margaret Smith
Location: Spring Hill, FL

"York 4 ton installed 1994"
Our unit still running checked every year - only. Fan replaced - freon several - that's it.

Date created: 2014-06-07 Name: T. Didier
Location: Tucson, AZ

"So far, so good!"
This is only my second experience with a York unit. The first was with a builder grade unit installed on my new home back in the early 90's which only made it about 5 years. What a difference a couple decades makes! This new York YCJ model has a scroll compressor with a sound dampening cover, micro channel condenser coils, and a whisper quite fan motor. This York replaced a builder grade Carrier unit that gave up the ghost in a violent release of refrigerant and compressor oil that sounded like rocket taking off at midnight (sorry neighbors)! The only sound I hear from the York when it is running is the sound of air moving across the fan blades. So far I am very pleased.

Date created: 2014-06-02 Name: Michael Carey
Location: Terrell,Tx

"Split system"
People from Stylecrest were very professional, came when they said and did a very good job of installing new system.

Date created: 2014-05-11 Name: mcarter
Location: Midway, Ga.

"Home owner"
We built our house back in 2005. Hired contractor to install York complete a/c unit. We add problems from day one with the unit. Contractor came out several times to get unit right. Here is a list of the problems we experienced. Rewired couple of times, compressor failure, capasitor about every three or four months, fire in the air handler and now air handler. We worked with the contractor each time they came out to get the unit right. It took a month and two weeks to get the compressor put in. That was unacceptable with a baby in the middle of summer. We stayed with York because of this new contractor that we was told about. He came out, looked the system over and replaced the air handler. I talked with the warranty dept. About some policy on this unit but was told i'm sorry. I'm satisfied with the product but very unsatisfied with the way this all was handled.

Date created: 2014-02-03 Name: Louisa Daniels
Location: New York

"5 YEARS OLD - NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS"
I have a 5 year-old combination furnace and a/c system. In the summer the ac stopped working in 100 degree weather and the contractor can't figure out why - hasn't been able to fix it. Now it's the dead of winter and in 2 degree weather the inducer motor on the heater failed while we were on vacation. The cold caused my pipes to freeze and burst, both for kitchen, bathroom etc. and for the indoor fire sprinkler system. It also caused the moldings to separate from the ceiling, baseboard to separate from walls, and leakage damage to floors and ceiling. Many many thousands of dollars in collateral damage later, and it appears there is not even warranty coverage for the heater repair.

Date created: 2014-01-06 Name: Sherry
Location: Tennessee

"Do not buy a York...Ever"
Highly dissatisfied with our 5 year old unit. We have had multiple problems and have spent a couple of thousand since we have owned it. We have twice yearly maintenance. We just had to replace the motor that actually caught fire and almost caused a house fire . If my husband had not dashed outside and turned off the breaker. Also very quick response from fire department. This cost us 800. Also replaced mother board for 400.. Among various other things. Shame on York for a poor product and poor customer service. Just dropped another 437.00 as I am writing this review. Shame on the so called hvac contractors that York pays to say good things about their products. As you can see the very dissatisfied outweighs the satisfied by a long shot.

Date created: 2013-10-03 Name: D.Foster
Location: Spartanburg, SC

"Defective Blower Motor in Heat Exchanger"
I bought a York air conditioner/heat pump on 7/23/12 for $5800. On 10/1/13, the unit stopped working so I called the contractor who originally installed it and I was told that the blower motor was burned out. The warranty is 10 years for parts but not labor. The contractor was going to charge me $350 to replace the motor, but I refused and decided to do it myself. I could not go to the contractor's supplier because I was not a licensed contractor, so I had to go to another supplier to exchange the motor for a generic motor. I do not recommend a York heating/air conditioning system!

Date created: 2013-08-14 Name: Jamie Baldwin
Location: Kissimmee,Fl

"York Distributor, Purchased Your Central A/C System"
York distributor, purchased your central A/C system model #B6BMM048K-c 13 seer 4-ton split system 8-12-2013 installed by contractor in Kissimmee, Florida my house is 1530 sq ft. The home does not stay cool. The living room kitchen area is maintaining 77 degrees when thermostat is on 75, but our very small bedrooms are sweltering at 80. I called the contractor back and he responded everything is running fine. I am very dissatisfied.

Date created: 2013-07-02 Name: Patricia Houldson
Location: Palm Springs, CA

"What is York Doing?"
My York air condition unit was purchased July 01, 2008. It is now July 01, 2013. I have had trouble with this system ever since. After my husband purchased the unit in July, he passed away in October. But if he was here in December of the same year, he probably would have sent this unit back to York. That is when the problems started. I see my air conditioning contractor more than my own family. There has to be some type of compensation from York. I have had more than 40 visits from my contractor. And all the times, I have suffered without the comforts of air conditioning. It is not right and I should not have to go through this. None of my neighbors have the problem. Of course, none of them have a York. One neighbor has her original air conditioner from 1986 and it works fine. What can we do???