Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-05-13 Name: Lynda Stacey
Location: Port Orange, FL

"Terrible unit installer will not back up work"
Terrible unit purchased from A1 Reliable Air Conditioning in Daytona Beach, Florida. Having problems, and the unit was suddenly very loud and blowing lukewarm air. It was only purchased in 12/13. I called the installer, who told me to call someone else to check on the unit as the warranty was through Johnson Controls, not his company. He was nasty and rude. Take the money and run. I have another company coming tomorrow. A1 is supposedly a rep of York here but does not stand behind their work. I found out he had done this before; bad business, and not good for York.

Date created: 2015-05-09 Name: Desiree McGill
Location: Washington

"Unsatisfied"
Had the the unit less than 5 years and we are not happy at all. Our smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night. Our house was filled with smoke. Come to find out the motor went out in our York unit. $108.00 to find that out plus $500.00 for labor to put in a new motor.

Date created: 2015-03-26 Name: G.Guidry
Location: Harvey, LA

"Not backing warranty"
AC unit is 5 years old. The evaporator cord has a leak. I sent the warranty registration in by mail for the extra 5-year warranty. I was told the registration had to be done by internet. Nowhere on the paper does it state that!

Date created: 2015-01-23 Name: Jane Kuykendall
Location: Belmont, MS

"York central heat/AC unit"
After having a York central unit for 24 years with minimal problems, we wanted another York. Alan Hardin and dad installed our first unit. Alan and his son installed our second one. We have complete confidence in Alan Hardin Heating and Cooling and the York product. We would not consider another contractor. Hardin's competence, efficiency, and loyalty to its customers are superior. We would highly recommend Alan Hardin Heating and Cooling to anyone considering purchase of a central unit.

Date created: 2014-12-12 Name: Steve White
Location: Sonora, CA

"Efficient and quiet"
My old unit was 22 years old, but the efficiency difference still seems notable. It's much quieter and seems to run for a minimal time to reach the set temperature.

Date created: 2014-11-19 Name: T. Pederson
Location: Ridgefield, WA

"Very loud"
We bought the unit end of August 2014. It is very loud. The unit is basement level, and our master bedroom is on the third floor of our house. The unit is so loud that it wakes us up all night long when it starts up. We had techs out three times to check it, and they just say that is normal. I would never buy a York AC unit again.

Date created: 2014-10-23 Name: J Snyder
Location: Panama City, FL

"Leak developed after 4 years"
Placement of the filter at the bottom of the unit where it is subject to water, leafs , etc. causes it to rust. Replacement of the filter and 10 lbs of R-410A is costly.

Date created: 2014-10-17 Name: Ann Hart
Location: Muscatine, IA

"Air conditioner"
Efficient air delivery. I would definitely buy this brand again.

Date created: 2014-10-15 Name: Sherry R.
Location: Corinth, MS

"Central unit"
Equipment works great! I have no complaints. I would buy this same brand unit and I recommend it to others.

Date created: 2014-10-05 Name: T Urness
Location: Olathe, KS

"Great service, great product"
Davenport Services has taken care of our heating and AC for the last few years, for three houses in our family. Though our house is only 9 years old, the builder installed equipment that was not performing well. Mark recommended that we replace both furnace and AC units with the York high efficiency models, and we're very happy to have made the change. Our AC bills dropped by 30-35%, and the quality of air within our house is so much nicer. Great job Davenport and York!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>