Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-08-26 Name: Randall S Russell
Location: Pepper Pike, OH

"York doesn't back up warranty"
I purchased a York air conditioning unit through H-Jack Heating & Cooling. In less than two years, the copper line carrying the freon cracked and the unit quit working. When the H-Jack technician showed up, he said the unit was under warranty and should be replaced. When he called the home office, he was told to order a new copper line by his manager. When told the copper lines are out of stock and would take a few days to acquire, he was told to jury rig the line to get the unit working. The manager at H-Jack told me he was working on getting me a new unit and would call me back. He then called the technicians at our house and said he spoke to me and to jury rig it to get it working. Not exactly what I, as the customer, wanted to hear! H-Jack had previously serviced this unit.

Date created: 2014-08-25 Name: roy n elizabeth davis
Location: Needville, Texas

"We paid $6000 for our York air conditioner. We are without a/c. We will go to the news people if it is not fixed. It is a lemo"
We purchased a York air conditioner for $6000. It has been nothing but a lemon. We do not have a/c right now, it has been a week. Hippler a/c says they are trying to help and no luck yet. We have a person with a health issue. We intend to go to the news people if it is not fixed asap. Please help!!

Date created: 2014-08-24 Name: Dennis Poon
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada

"This was the second York a/c I purchased"
This was the second York a/c I purchased for my current home. The last one cooled my home for 20 years without any breakdown. York a/c is very reliable.

Date created: 2014-08-22 Name: Richard Keller
Location: Simpsonville, SC

"Split System"
House stays cooler at higher thermostat setting than before, utility bills have been lower.

Date created: 2014-07-31 Name: Kelly McCumbee
Location: Littlerock, Ca

"Unhappy"
I am very unsatisfied with both of my units. They were installed on my home in 2008, the first one a month ago had to replace the motor, now the compressor is out on the other one. The warranty has just barely expired on both, called York and all they can say is "well, what do you want us to do"? Really, I am in real estate and will make it my mission to let every person I talk to never to install a York product.

Date created: 2014-07-27 Name: Joseph Varga
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA

"Homeowner"
Brands are generally speaking all good- the difference is the contractor. The contractor has his own warranty, which is twice as long as the manufacturers. I would buy any brand this person has to sell.

Date created: 2014-07-08 Name: Beth
Location: Afton, OK

"Don't purchase York!"
This will sound like a broken record. We purchased this property last August 2013. House was built in 2011. So far, we have had issues with heat pump, replaced the coil, leaked Freon 3 or 4 times. No a/c on 4th of July. Don't waste your money...

Date created: 2014-07-06 Name: John F.
Location: West Hills, Ca.

"Worst AC I have ever owned"
Installed a York Furnace and A/C system 3 years ago. The compressor on the condensing unit went out last month. Although the compressor was under warranty, it was not stocked by the local dealers and took 5 days to get shipped from one of York's warehouse. The labor cost to replace it was $750 . I will not buy a York unit again. Never expected a compressor to go out in 3 years. It is definitely a poor product.

Date created: 2014-07-05 Name: Margaret Smith
Location: Spring Hill, FL

"York 4 ton installed 1994"
Our unit still running checked every year - only. Fan replaced - freon several - that's it.

Date created: 2014-06-07 Name: T. Didier
Location: Tucson, AZ

"So far, so good!"
This is only my second experience with a York unit. The first was with a builder grade unit installed on my new home back in the early 90's which only made it about 5 years. What a difference a couple decades makes! This new York YCJ model has a scroll compressor with a sound dampening cover, micro channel condenser coils, and a whisper quite fan motor. This York replaced a builder grade Carrier unit that gave up the ghost in a violent release of refrigerant and compressor oil that sounded like rocket taking off at midnight (sorry neighbors)! The only sound I hear from the York when it is running is the sound of air moving across the fan blades. So far I am very pleased.