Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-07-02 Name: Casey rickett
Location: Kentucky

"Love mine"
Had mine 15 years or better, never had any problems until this summer. The compressor went out so I figured it was time for a new unit. I highly recommend York.

Date created: 2015-06-12 Name: B. Wilson
Location: Quincy, FL

"Installation of new AC/heat unit"
Our AC/heat unit was hit by lightning. Our contractor, Mr. Jackson with Climate Control, was very prompt and efficient in replacing the old unit with a new York system.

Date created: 2015-06-10 Name: Hot and Humid...and now PISSED OFF!
Location: Long Island, NY

"Expensive and horrible"
My prior system (Rheem)...no problems until it wore out after 25 years. Got York on the recommendation of a salesman and it had a 5-year warranty. At 5 and one half years, the condenser leaked and there was no AC. Just to look at it, the installation/repair company charged me $675. I had to wait 3 weeks in the hot humid summer for them to show up and tell me it has a leak. Then another 5 weeks to replace it. One repair guy told me that York condensers are known to leak. Wtf? $7000 for AC and it dies after 5 years. That's $1,400 for every three months I use the AC, so basically it's $500 a month to cool my house...sort of. Still not a great cooling.

Date created: 2015-06-09 Name: Larry Helms and Margaret Griffin
Location: Chipley, FL

"Like product, don't like contractor"
When Roger from AAA came out to do the estimate he looked over exactly what the job would entail. Larry, my husband, talked to Roger prior to the install to verify that he was confident in doing the installation even though it was the first system of this kind that he installed. The day of the install Roger and a co-worker showed up to do the install, during the install they did not have the proper equipment for the job and had to borrow power tools from us to cut through the floor to install the return air. When hooking up the propane connection they were lucky that Larry is in maintenance and had the brass connection required to hook up the propane lines. Roger stated that "if he had the truck" he would have had the proper parts. If Roger would have left the job to go to town to purchase the missing part he would have had to make a second trip to town because later he was missing another part that was needed that Larry had in his shop. Then there was the problem with the thermostat - they did not know what type to use and they were out at least 3 times to swap out thermostats, each time Roger stating that he had contacted York for more information. He also stated that with one type of very sophisticated thermostat that also monitored humidity, outside temp and many things above and beyond that they, AAA, no longer programmed thermostats. He did a partial program of that thermostat. Eventually, the last one installed was just a very basic style thermostat that we requested. With the hookup of the propane, not sure what they are called, but the parts where the propane comes out to be burned were not correct, the flame was large enough to trip a heat sensor and shut it down. There was another return trip out to check the operation. After Roger said he had another consultation with York, the proper parts were installed. I lost track of how many trips were made to complete the install. When it was done, we were just thankful that it was done. To this day we have wondered if it was all done correctly or it there was something to worry about. Now, 6 months later, we noticed that the ac was not keeping up with the set temp on the thermostat - thermostat set at 76 and come home in the afternoon and the house is 80 degrees. We called Roger at AAA on Monday, 6/8/15, and he was supposed to come by at the end of the day to check it out. No show and no call. Larry called again this morning and the receptionist was clueless to the fact that Roger had not come by and she called him and he told her he would call us right then. 40 minutes later, Larry called again and she gave Larry Roger's cell number and Larry called Roger. Roger said that the receptionist was supposed to call us, he was busy at the shop, blah, blah, blah. He should have called. Now he says he will be out here between 3 and 4 pm today, 6/9/15. No, we are not happy with this installation company and we would definitely not recommend them to anyone!

Date created: 2015-05-13 Name: Lynda Stacey
Location: Port Orange, FL

"Terrible unit installer will not back up work"
Terrible unit purchased from A1 Reliable Air Conditioning in Daytona Beach, Florida. Having problems, and the unit was suddenly very loud and blowing lukewarm air. It was only purchased in 12/13. I called the installer, who told me to call someone else to check on the unit as the warranty was through Johnson Controls, not his company. He was nasty and rude. Take the money and run. I have another company coming tomorrow. A1 is supposedly a rep of York here but does not stand behind their work. I found out he had done this before; bad business, and not good for York.

Date created: 2015-05-09 Name: Desiree McGill
Location: Washington

"Unsatisfied"
Had the the unit less than 5 years and we are not happy at all. Our smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night. Our house was filled with smoke. Come to find out the motor went out in our York unit. $108.00 to find that out plus $500.00 for labor to put in a new motor.

Date created: 2015-03-26 Name: G.Guidry
Location: Harvey, LA

"Not backing warranty"
AC unit is 5 years old. The evaporator cord has a leak. I sent the warranty registration in by mail for the extra 5-year warranty. I was told the registration had to be done by internet. Nowhere on the paper does it state that!

Date created: 2015-01-23 Name: Jane Kuykendall
Location: Belmont, MS

"York central heat/AC unit"
After having a York central unit for 24 years with minimal problems, we wanted another York. Alan Hardin and dad installed our first unit. Alan and his son installed our second one. We have complete confidence in Alan Hardin Heating and Cooling and the York product. We would not consider another contractor. Hardin's competence, efficiency, and loyalty to its customers are superior. We would highly recommend Alan Hardin Heating and Cooling to anyone considering purchase of a central unit.

Date created: 2014-12-12 Name: Steve White
Location: Sonora, CA

"Efficient and quiet"
My old unit was 22 years old, but the efficiency difference still seems notable. It's much quieter and seems to run for a minimal time to reach the set temperature.

Date created: 2014-11-19 Name: T. Pederson
Location: Ridgefield, WA

"Very loud"
We bought the unit end of August 2014. It is very loud. The unit is basement level, and our master bedroom is on the third floor of our house. The unit is so loud that it wakes us up all night long when it starts up. We had techs out three times to check it, and they just say that is normal. I would never buy a York AC unit again.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>