Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2013-10-03 Name: D.Foster
Location: Spartanburg, SC

"Defective Blower Motor in Heat Exchanger"
I bought a York air conditioner/heat pump on 7/23/12 for $5800. On 10/1/13, the unit stopped working so I called the contractor who originally installed it and I was told that the blower motor was burned out. The warranty is 10 years for parts but not labor. The contractor was going to charge me $350 to replace the motor, but I refused and decided to do it myself. I could not go to the contractor's supplier because I was not a licensed contractor, so I had to go to another supplier to exchange the motor for a generic motor. I do not recommend a York heating/air conditioning system!

Date created: 2013-08-14 Name: Jamie Baldwin
Location: Kissimmee,Fl

"York Distributor, Purchased Your Central A/C System"
York distributor, purchased your central A/C system model #B6BMM048K-c 13 seer 4-ton split system 8-12-2013 installed by contractor in Kissimmee, Florida my house is 1530 sq ft. The home does not stay cool. The living room kitchen area is maintaining 77 degrees when thermostat is on 75, but our very small bedrooms are sweltering at 80. I called the contractor back and he responded everything is running fine. I am very dissatisfied.

Date created: 2013-07-27 Name: S Cornwell
Location: Tallahassee, FL

"15 Seer YZE HC5B HL5B Affinity"
Very disappointed. Unit bangs periodically when it starts up. York states the $800 part is not covered under the warranty. Installation was April 2008. A/C businesses here do not want to install them or deal with York's customer service because it is so dismal.

Date created: 2013-07-02 Name: Patricia Houldson
Location: Palm Springs, CA

"What is York Doing?"
My York air condition unit was purchased July 01, 2008. It is now July 01, 2013. I have had trouble with this system ever since. After my husband purchased the unit in July, he passed away in October. But if he was here in December of the same year, he probably would have sent this unit back to York. That is when the problems started. I see my air conditioning contractor more than my own family. There has to be some type of compensation from York. I have had more than 40 visits from my contractor. And all the times, I have suffered without the comforts of air conditioning. It is not right and I should not have to go through this. None of my neighbors have the problem. Of course, none of them have a York. One neighbor has her original air conditioner from 1986 and it works fine. What can we do???

Date created: 2013-06-25 Name: Angry Customer!

"Unit has Been Nothing but Trouble!!!!"
I had a brand new furnace and AC unit installed in August of 2008. Ever since then, I've had nothing but problems!!! And when my AC man calls York they give him a problem saying my warranty expired in January. How is that possible when I have a receipt stating it was installed August 2008! York obviously does not stand by their equipment or service and it looks like I am going to have to take them to court to get back all the money I've been paying to have the piece of junk fixed month after month! And now I am going to have to buy a new system and you can be damn sure it will not be a York! And I will never recommend this brand to anyone!!!!

Date created: 2013-05-06 Name: L Christman
Location: Alabama

"York IS One of the Best"
I have been reading these reviews concerning York heating and air conditioning equipment. I see most of the reviews are negative toward this manufacturer. As a licensed HVAC contractor, I can attest to the fact that York equipment is no better or worse than any other equipment on the market. It is currently the only manufacturer that builds their equipment in the USA however. Over the years I have installed all the major manufacturer's equipment or serviced them. They all have some problems, ALL of them. The biggest problem I see is improper installation. The installing contractor is the cause of 90% of the equipment problems I have seen over the years on relatively new equipment. You get what you pay for folks, that saying has never held as much sway as it does concerning heating and air conditioning equipment. When you buy from the lowest bidder, expect to get a lowest bidder install, and then you can expect problems. Take it from someone that is in the business, the installation makes all the difference. You can choose to believe it or not.

Date created: 2013-02-18 Name: Dan

"Garbage"
Plain and simple save yourself a lot of heart ache. These units are awful Including the ac unit, heating element,thermostat and UV light. Buy anything else but not a York.

Date created: 2013-01-11 Name: C Smith
Location: St. Augustine, FL

"DO NOT BUY A YORK"
We live in Florida and have had a York for less than 2 years. We are on our 4th compressor! After 3 repairs on the uv disinfection system our hvac contractor gave up so that is inoperable. Currently we have had the 4th compressor running for 3 weeks but yesterday a pressure switch failed so no air conditioning. The biggest lemon we have ever owned. Don't buy one!!!

Date created: 2012-11-20 Name: Shirley Atkins
Location: Rochester, NY

"This unit is Junk"
Along with our furnace issues, we had many issues with our York a/c Unit and had to have it replaced after a little more than 6 years. We don't live in the south so the a/c doesn't run constantly and we shouldn't have had to lay out more money for another unit. Never buy a York product!

Date created: 2012-09-30 Name: s olson
Location: Hot Springs Village, AR

"ONLY UNIT AROUND FROZEN W/ICE"
Our second winter with our York air conditioner was a nightmare. The entire upper half of the outdoor unit was totally covered with thick ice and it was not running. We drove around the neighborhood and not one single unit had ice. We went outside with icepicks to get the ice off. The builder told us, "you want to save money? I have a York unit I will sell you cheap." Big mistake.