Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-09-11 Name: Lawrence Himes

"A good installer makes the difference."
My installer was good. The first York I had was not installed by a dependable company. The York and air handler I have now are better matched and perform better than expected. I would buy a York again, this model serves me well.

Date created: 2015-08-27 Location: New York, New York

"What an amazing central air conditioner, really great and reliable."
I have owned the air conditioner I own now for about a couple years. At first, I would have never thought it would have lasted this long, but it has and there haven't been any problems at all, which is great! I would highly recommend this air conditioner - it's very reliable, it looks great, and it's easy to use. The air conditioner never broke down on us and has been the most reliable conditioner we have ever had and I really like it. I'm not sure if i can say anything bad about it, it is just that amazing. The design could have been a little bit better, but that is all. If we ever need another air conditioner, I'm sure we will buy the same brand again because they make some of the best air conditioners and I would probably recommend it to a friend if they were needing an air conditioner.

Date created: 2015-08-21 Name: R. Fenney

"I will never buy another York"
We built our dream home in 2012. Although I was concerned, I allowed our builder to install a 4 ton York A/C unit. The evaporator coil rusted in less than three years and it was leaking Freon. The tech immediately ordered a new one, which was under warranty, but warned me that the part was the only thing under warranty. The shipping and labor would be my responsibility. It took York three weeks to get the part to my repairman. During the three weeks the tech had to keep coming out and putting Freon in the unit. By the time he got the unit installed my bill was almost $950.00. $316.67 of that was shipping. Not sure why we should pay labor and shipping on a problem that clearly the homeowner has no responsibility for. If my car dealer did that he'd be out of business. Better check the fine print on your A/C warranty.

Date created: 2015-08-17 Name: andy Adeli
Location: Arizona

"Never again"
I purchased a 4 ton York 2 months ago and in two weeks it was out of Freon. After going back and forth with the dealer I got a new unit. Two weeks after it was put in it is out of Freon. I believe they are selling refurbished units. If anyone can tell me how to tell if it is refurbished please do so.

Date created: 2015-08-01 Name: Tim O'Keefe
Location: Detroit Lakes, Minnesota

"Very unsatisfied!"
My 2 ton York air conditioner, 6 years old, has not been used extensively. It's the second York unit, the other a 2.5 ton which services our main floor, the 2 ton the second floor. We live in Minnesota, thus this is our second home where the air conditioner is used for 3-4 months seasonally. The compressor went out on the 2 ton, of course a year after the warranty ended, and with the cost of Freon supporting the 2009 unit it's recommended we change out the unit. Given the reviews I see on the York 2 ton, I understand why. Very unhappy, will never use York and certainly will tell my friends building homes the same! Stand behind your products when it fails - - my supplier tells me this is the 6th of these units he's replaced in a year!

Date created: 2015-07-28 Name: dennis denninger
Location: Florida

"My York Has left the building"
Great day today: After 46 months, three thousand dollars in repairs and countless days and night without AC in Florida summers, I replaced this piece of junk with a Carrier. Now if the new unit should fail I don't have to wait weeks for parts. Don't buy a York.

Date created: 2015-07-20 Name: Julie H
Location: Calgary

"Couldn't be happier"
Excellent air conditioner. Came with 10 year warranty, unlike many competitors, which only offered 2-5 years. Keeps us cool and is very quiet.

Date created: 2015-07-17 Name: David S. Clark
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

"AC purchase and installation"
As implicit from my answers above, I am very satisfied with both the equipment installed, the company who sold it to me, and with the Frances employees who negotiated the contract and who installed the equipment. What more is there to say.

Date created: 2015-07-17 Name: Jim Welding
Location: Wilmington, DE

"Loud bang noise"
Unit makes unusual bang noise when it shuts down. Our prior home had another brand and we never experienced this sound.

Date created: 2015-07-14 Name: dulcey veiga
Location: New Bedford, MA

"Don't buy York"
Bought a new home with a York central air conditioner. 7 years later it has a leak. They did not use copper. Do not buy from them! $2000.00 plus labor to fix.