Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-09-13 Name: S. Havens
Location: Baltimore, MD

"Best contractor"
I had Turlington HVAC at my home working on my existing equipment over 20 years ago. From that point forward, based on their manner at my home and their apparent concern for my well-being as well as the owner's knowledge, I would not even consider using anyone but them. If they tell me that this is the best equipment for their needs I believe them, although they do show me SEER and other kinds of comparative info, and relative costs. The equipment works as expected and I'm happy with it.

Date created: 2016-08-15 Name: Christi Hunter
Location: Buckeye, AZ

"Excellent unit and service"
Our York AC unit cools our whole house wonderfully. We are very satisfied with it.

Date created: 2016-07-18 Name: Richard Belhumeur
Location: Bath, NH

"Best contractor yet!"
Ben Roy from R&R installed a York coil and condenser just recently on my relatively new York furnace. He did an excellent job, on time and on budget. Prior to his installation, he did extensive research to choose the best equipment for my use. When finished, he presented me with all necessary manuals, warranties, and instruction pertaining to the new system. I would highly recommend R&R and York.

Date created: 2016-07-06 Name: J. Martin
Location: Texas

"Pure junk"
We bought our lake home in 2013. Our 5 ton York AC/Heat unit was inspected and at only 3 years old it passed in good shape. June 26, 2015 the fan motor went out. It was replaced. Now, July 6, 2016 we were informed we had to have another fan motor! The real kicker is that we are 10 days out of warranty! Do you think York would give us some type of discount? Hell no! Our tech said he had changed over 500 fan units in the past 2 years. This unit only runs about 10 days in a month. I will never buy nor recommend any York product. Pure junk.

Date created: 2016-07-06 Name: H. Pfeiffer
Location: Palm Springs, CA

"A/C unit"
I am very happy with my purchase of the York unit. I haven't had any issues since installing the unit over 1 year ago. The unit has been very efficient, and my electric bill has even been lowered slightly. The temperature in my area gets very hot, last week 122 degrees, and the unit worked very well. I'm happy with my purchase.

Date created: 2016-06-23 Name: G Klewin
Location: Florence, AZ

"York AC / heat unit"
I live in Arizona and purchased a York AC/heating unit from George Brazil and have not been disappointed. I was told it is made in the USA. Many of the units these days are now being made overseas. This was a selling point for me. I have been pleased with how quiet the unit runs and how powerful the flow of air is. I can cool the house well at 77 degrees. I have watched my bill drop significantly throughout the first year of use. I have nothing negative to say about this unit. I make sure to have it tuned up every 6 months and I change the filters every month. I am counting on getting years of use out of the York unit. So far I am extremely happy with this purchase.

Date created: 2016-06-21 Name: Mac
Location: Alabama

"Failed York money pit"
York 4-year-old piggyback unit, now on its third compressor. Each time it's a new warranty battle.

Date created: 2016-06-15 Name: Rebecca Riley
Location: Houston, TX

"York coils keep leaking"
We installed this unit in 2009. The coil in the attic developed a leak and although the coil was under warranty, we had to pay for Freon and labor. Now the outside coil is leaking and it is no longer under warranty. The part is about $1000, add Freon and labor and we are looking at almost $2000 to repair. We are junking this AC and just looking at it as a bad experience as the repair costs are almost 50% of a new American Standard. York used to be a good brand but is now only junk.

Date created: 2016-06-13 Name: Geoff
Location: Hatfield, PA

"Extremely dissatisfied"
I will never buy a York AC again. We are going on our third compressor in 9 years. When it was installed the outside unit fan fell off while running and damaged the coils and pipes. They also have very unreliable and uneducated contractors.

Date created: 2016-04-18 Name: Tracye Cobourn

"Telephone tree"
Getting to a person to talk about registering the warranty is nonexistent! I called 877-874-7378, it says call 866-621-9675. That phone recording says she is away from her desk, call the original number. No customer service. I still want to register my coil model and serial number please call me 502-767-0170.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>