Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-08-01 Name: Tim O'Keefe
Location: Detroit Lakes, Minnesota

"Very unsatisfied!"
My 2 ton York air conditioner, 6 years old, has not been used extensively. It's the second York unit, the other a 2.5 ton which services our main floor, the 2 ton the second floor. We live in Minnesota, thus this is our second home where the air conditioner is used for 3-4 months seasonally. The compressor went out on the 2 ton, of course a year after the warranty ended, and with the cost of Freon supporting the 2009 unit it's recommended we change out the unit. Given the reviews I see on the York 2 ton, I understand why. Very unhappy, will never use York and certainly will tell my friends building homes the same! Stand behind your products when it fails - - my supplier tells me this is the 6th of these units he's replaced in a year!

Date created: 2015-07-28 Name: dennis denninger
Location: Florida

"My York Has left the building"
Great day today: After 46 months, three thousand dollars in repairs and countless days and night without AC in Florida summers, I replaced this piece of junk with a Carrier. Now if the new unit should fail I don't have to wait weeks for parts. Don't buy a York.

Date created: 2015-07-20 Name: Julie H
Location: Calgary

"Couldn't be happier"
Excellent air conditioner. Came with 10 year warranty, unlike many competitors, which only offered 2-5 years. Keeps us cool and is very quiet.

Date created: 2015-07-17 Name: David S. Clark
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

"AC purchase and installation"
As implicit from my answers above, I am very satisfied with both the equipment installed, the company who sold it to me, and with the Frances employees who negotiated the contract and who installed the equipment. What more is there to say.

Date created: 2015-07-17 Name: Jim Welding
Location: Wilmington, DE

"Loud bang noise"
Unit makes unusual bang noise when it shuts down. Our prior home had another brand and we never experienced this sound.

Date created: 2015-07-14 Name: dulcey veiga
Location: New Bedford, MA

"Don't buy York"
Bought a new home with a York central air conditioner. 7 years later it has a leak. They did not use copper. Do not buy from them! $2000.00 plus labor to fix.

Date created: 2015-07-09 Name: Shirley Camerer

"Why I like my York"
The York A/C that was installed does just as the contractor said it would. It keeps the cost of cooling down, just as they said it would, which is great for me.

Date created: 2015-07-02 Name: Casey rickett
Location: Kentucky

"Love mine"
Had mine 15 years or better, never had any problems until this summer. The compressor went out so I figured it was time for a new unit. I highly recommend York.

Date created: 2015-06-12 Name: B. Wilson
Location: Quincy, FL

"Installation of new AC/heat unit"
Our AC/heat unit was hit by lightning. Our contractor, Mr. Jackson with Climate Control, was very prompt and efficient in replacing the old unit with a new York system.

Date created: 2015-06-10 Name: Hot and Humid...and now PISSED OFF!
Location: Long Island, NY

"Expensive and horrible"
My prior system (Rheem)...no problems until it wore out after 25 years. Got York on the recommendation of a salesman and it had a 5-year warranty. At 5 and one half years, the condenser leaked and there was no AC. Just to look at it, the installation/repair company charged me $675. I had to wait 3 weeks in the hot humid summer for them to show up and tell me it has a leak. Then another 5 weeks to replace it. One repair guy told me that York condensers are known to leak. Wtf? $7000 for AC and it dies after 5 years. That's $1,400 for every three months I use the AC, so basically it's $500 a month to cool my house...sort of. Still not a great cooling.