Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-09-30 Name: no name

"Noise"
System is very noisy. But it does a good job cooling the house.

Date created: 2015-09-28 Location: Anna, Illinois

"Satisfied for the most part"
My parents bought this house 3 years ago. The air conditioner was here when we bought it. I like that this air conditioner is a bigger than a normal air conditioner unit and it sits in my back yard which is convenient to me. Also, the unit itself is very quiet when running. I can only hear it running when I am in my bedroom because it is the closest room to the unit. Therefore, what I like about the unit overall is that it is quiet and efficient. What I dislike about this unit is that at the end of May 2015, right as the summer heat started to hit the high 90's, my unit quit working. I work from my home so it was very difficult to do so with this occurring. I quickly called an A/C repairman and they made it to my house the next day with the necessary parts needed to fix it. The repair part that needed to be replaced was a compressor and the technician mentioned that I was a little low on Freon. The repairman said it wasn't uncommon for him and his team as they were very busy at the end of May/June 2015. The repair went very well and the only thing I was upset about was the bill, it was almost $300 for the repair and the labor for the repair itself. All in all, my parents had owned this house for 3 years before its first repair so that's not too bad. I would buy the same brand again and also, I would recommend it to a friend. York has been a good company for me up to this point in my life. I have no reason not to buy another unit from York nor do I have a reason not to recommend the York company to friends and family.

Date created: 2015-09-17 Name: Douglas
Location: Pensacola, FL

"Do not buy York"
This is the second coil in less than 2 years that's failed. It's summer in Florida, been waiting a week for parts. What a miserable unit. I will never buy a York again and have told everyone I know about my experience with their miserable equipment.

Date created: 2015-09-11 Name: Lawrence Himes

"A good installer makes the difference."
My installer was good. The first York I had was not installed by a dependable company. The York and air handler I have now are better matched and perform better than expected. I would buy a York again, this model serves me well.

Date created: 2015-08-27 Location: New York, New York

"What an amazing central air conditioner, really great and reliable."
I have owned the air conditioner I own now for about a couple years. At first, I would have never thought it would have lasted this long, but it has and there haven't been any problems at all, which is great! I would highly recommend this air conditioner - it's very reliable, it looks great, and it's easy to use. The air conditioner never broke down on us and has been the most reliable conditioner we have ever had and I really like it. I'm not sure if i can say anything bad about it, it is just that amazing. The design could have been a little bit better, but that is all. If we ever need another air conditioner, I'm sure we will buy the same brand again because they make some of the best air conditioners and I would probably recommend it to a friend if they were needing an air conditioner.

Date created: 2015-08-21 Name: R. Fenney

"I will never buy another York"
We built our dream home in 2012. Although I was concerned, I allowed our builder to install a 4 ton York A/C unit. The evaporator coil rusted in less than three years and it was leaking Freon. The tech immediately ordered a new one, which was under warranty, but warned me that the part was the only thing under warranty. The shipping and labor would be my responsibility. It took York three weeks to get the part to my repairman. During the three weeks the tech had to keep coming out and putting Freon in the unit. By the time he got the unit installed my bill was almost $950.00. $316.67 of that was shipping. Not sure why we should pay labor and shipping on a problem that clearly the homeowner has no responsibility for. If my car dealer did that he'd be out of business. Better check the fine print on your A/C warranty.

Date created: 2015-08-17 Name: andy Adeli
Location: Arizona

"Never again"
I purchased a 4 ton York 2 months ago and in two weeks it was out of Freon. After going back and forth with the dealer I got a new unit. Two weeks after it was put in it is out of Freon. I believe they are selling refurbished units. If anyone can tell me how to tell if it is refurbished please do so.

Date created: 2015-08-01 Name: Tim O'Keefe
Location: Detroit Lakes, Minnesota

"Very unsatisfied!"
My 2 ton York air conditioner, 6 years old, has not been used extensively. It's the second York unit, the other a 2.5 ton which services our main floor, the 2 ton the second floor. We live in Minnesota, thus this is our second home where the air conditioner is used for 3-4 months seasonally. The compressor went out on the 2 ton, of course a year after the warranty ended, and with the cost of Freon supporting the 2009 unit it's recommended we change out the unit. Given the reviews I see on the York 2 ton, I understand why. Very unhappy, will never use York and certainly will tell my friends building homes the same! Stand behind your products when it fails - - my supplier tells me this is the 6th of these units he's replaced in a year!

Date created: 2015-07-28 Name: dennis denninger
Location: Florida

"My York Has left the building"
Great day today: After 46 months, three thousand dollars in repairs and countless days and night without AC in Florida summers, I replaced this piece of junk with a Carrier. Now if the new unit should fail I don't have to wait weeks for parts. Don't buy a York.

Date created: 2015-07-20 Name: Julie H
Location: Calgary

"Couldn't be happier"
Excellent air conditioner. Came with 10 year warranty, unlike many competitors, which only offered 2-5 years. Keeps us cool and is very quiet.