Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-06-06 Name: MK
Location: Chester County, PA

"warm and concerned"
It came with the home when built in '98 as with so many in this area. It is builder grade equipment and evidently cheap for the builder to install. After 5 years, refrigerant had leaked (who knows how long). The technician (not a York Dealer) remarked at how common this was with York products. Many have leaked. Then to find out that legally it could only be recharged once (Ozone depleting refrigerants). It might just be me, but the central air system I grew up with never had issues like this and certainly not as early as this. Trying to milk this through one more season to try to get the most of the compressor (ave. life 10-12 yrs.) when you would likely have to replace the system anyway, but with energy prices where they now are, I might have to bite the bullet. You can bet I will gamble with something other than a York.

Date created: 2008-05-06 Name: Konrad
Location: Ridley Par, PA

I purchased 4 commercial AC/Furnace units for the roof of my commercial building. Over $32,000,for all 4 units. All of the units break down on a regular basis. I average a service call every 6 weeks. Circuit boards are total junk. Wires are undersized, melt and short out. Paint peels, metal rusts. Total junk!!! One bad unit is one thing, four bad units is another. Total junk. If you want copies of my purchase docs and service call docs, feel free to contact me at 302 593-5904

Date created: 2008-05-02 Name: K. Finnell
Location: Wylie, TX

We bought the unit and have had trouble every year. The unit would leak freon every year. The installer would fill it back for the first 3 years, then started charging. The condenser was replaced, the coil was replaced, the fan was replaced, and dye was put in but could not find the leak. One of the tech’s said that they had this problem before and had to replace the whole unit. Once it was out of warranty the installer washed their hands of it and I had to go through the regional director. They replaced the condenser again and charged us allot for labor. Now we still have a leaky system and now a independent dealer found the leak in an after market coil that was put in. Now York says its not our problem and the original installer won't return phone calls.

Date created: 2008-04-09 Name: David B. Hanna
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

York Stealth 3-ton central air conditioner with gas furnace. The gas furnace section has never had a problem. The 2 stage air conditioner section has been has been and still is a disaster! Nothing but problems. The compressor was changed 6 days ago for the second time and yesterday the air conditioner failed again!

Date created: 2007-07-10 Name: J. Smith
Location: Parsippany, NJ

York Air conditioner came with the new home in 1996. Zero problems till now. Unfortunately it just broke and I am on the look out for a new one now.