Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2009-08-25 Name: Mike Sisler

"YORK AC"
I have had my York ac worked on each year for the past 4 yrs. The manufacturer has only agreed to replace the fan coil but no labor. It seems that these units are made in China and apparently they cant seem to get their welds correct. The labor cost has never been covered by York, I believe this manufacturer needs to go out of business and not ever come back as their equipment is junk

Date created: 2009-08-11 Name: S Bartley

"3 Years old YORK with Blocked Evaporator coil"
Just found out today my York fc36c2an1a has a blocked A-Coil. What a hassle getting the right company that can handle the part warranty. Paid extra from the builder to get the 90 % system and now that the heating and air contractor they used is out of business - between $450 to $1,100. If it's a mfg issue, why don't they cover the labor? I have to cross my fingers that the part cost will be covered when it gets back to york. Looks like a mfg issue, but it doesn't matter to York. Additionally, I heard this coil is suspect for leaks. It's the one with the blue coating and they no longer make it.... why did they discontinued the feature,,,, go figure.

Date created: 2009-07-23 Name: AM

"AM"
Just bought a new house and complained to the builder how loud the unit was and he told me to deal with it. After living in my house the compressor just died in my York ac unit and after reading the reviews, I am scared for the future. My unit lasted only 7 months and the repairmen said it was going to take 8 hours to fix. What a piece of junk!!!

Date created: 2009-07-20 Name: G. Hiller

"Junk or Not?"
Replaced our 15 year old unit with a new York 5 ton unit. We are in our third summer with it, and our third callout for the unit loosing a motor. Every year it has failed. The ac company is waiting on special test gear to see why this keeps happening, in the meantime my family continues to suffer the 105 degree weather here in the desert. 3 days now and counting with no air. Thanks York.

Date created: 2009-07-10 Name: M. Relich

"American scams"
The one I replaced lasted over 20 yrs. This unit was ok till it blew the compressor. The products that american companies make are made to break right after the warranty runs out most the time. York unit made it almost 11yrs. If you had to replace all your appliances every 10 - 11 yrs. you would be broke, oh! Thats right we are broke! Chrysler, gm, aig, and on and on, lets just add york to the group. Lets bail them out, so they can sell us more junk. No money tree at my house and no more york. honest!

Date created: 2009-07-06 Name: J. Smith

"Devil's Advocate"
I am a Nate certified technician for many years now and I would like to share some information from the other side of the fence. I will not say that York is the best, but it's not the worst. It's a get what you paid for scenario. Here are a couple of tips for you to consider before writing a bad review. Besides the general quality of the unit, your equipment is only as good as your service company/install. 85% of all issues with new equipment is poor installation.. yes I said 85%! There are rules that need to be followed during the installation and more times than not they are overlooked. Refrigerant piping is usually the first thing that becomes victim of a lazy installer. Pipe length, diameter, and amount of bends or elbows is key to keeping your compressor cooled properly. The other major key is having service done every year for heat and cooling by a reputable company. I tell everyone to stand behind the service guy the whole time. He won't like it but you'll get the service you paid for. Things to look for on your work order when they are finished : superheat and subcooling temp readings, compressor amps, fan amps, temp split across indoor coil, return and supply air temps, and outdoor ambient temp. If you see this information then you know that your service was completed properly. It's sad to say but good service is a lost art. Find a good company and stay with them. If you feel comfortable with a specific tech then request him/her every call. I hope this helps. Think twice before throwing a company under the bus.

Date created: 2009-07-05 Name: J Rich

"York Central Air Conditioner"
The unit was a replacement after a remodel. This will be the third repair. It works well if you don't actually have to use it. When you do, it fails.

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: S, Brouwer

"Love it"
We have had our unit since the summer of 1988. It has done a superb job....as of yet no problems at all.It handles our 2200 sq/ft/ house with ease. It has outlived one furnace. Installed in a location that takes little sun .

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: T Murphy

"York AC units are lemons"
We are now into our second repair--even with parts under warranty, the ac technicians charge $700+ for labor.

Date created: 2009-06-18 Name: Laura Smith

"I will not buy York ever again"
It is a peice of junk. Will never buy York again. Have had problems with both the central air and furnace.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>