Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2010-05-13 Name: R. C. Biss

"York central air conditioner"
I have two York central air conditioner units zoned. The first blue fin coil leaked the first year in one unit and the second unit leaked in year two. As published on the internet, York has issued a recall and will pay for labor up to 4 hours. The units are junk, and after reading all these reviews I believe I will have problems with units as long as I'm unfortunate to own them. The customer service at York are probably tried of hearing about these units. Problems are extremely rude and not the lease bit interested in giving any information. Why did York not send out recall information to customers?

Date created: 2010-03-29 Name: Josh Smith
Location: NW

"AC036x1021A"
I've had problems with my unit every year I've owned it. I service the unit annually, but usually have an additional service call as well. It is like trying to keep an old car running just well enough to get you home. It has been like this since the first year I have had it. Our cooler weather in the NW makes it bearable to put up with its unreliability but it still makes me angry. I have a 12 year old unit for my house (a different brand) and I have never had a single problem. Don't buy York.

Date created: 2010-03-15 Name: F. Edwards

"Name means nothing"
This is a York. The unit started having problems cooling within a few weeks. The original company kept putting freon in it. They went bankrupt. The new company has also put freon in with correcting the problem. I am being told that York will supply a new condenser but I will have to pay for the labor. Since the problem occurred so soon after installation, I should not have to pay for the labor under these circumstances if the York brand has any credibility. All I want is the unit to work as promised and nothing else. However, repeated loss of freon from a defect not being corrected may constitute willful venting covered under Federal and State law and I am wondering if a defective unit was knowingly installed and might be considered consumer fraud.

Date created: 2010-01-12 Name: Mike Miller

"York AC Units"
I paid a local AC contractor a large sum of money to completely install duct work and a brand new furnace with an AC unit outside. The 5th year after installation, the AC compressor failed. I previously had a house which had a Rheem system in it and it lasted 22 yrs with general servicing every year. York is a piece of crap, as now everyone is telling me York has had all their components made overseas by the cheapest Chinese company available... No wonder (?), I will never give York my business again. It's a P.O.S.!

Date created: 2009-12-10 Name: E. Smitherman

"Property Manager"
I am a property manager with 54 units having York air conditioners. I have had so many coil and compressor problems that we don't even fix the units anymore.We started purchasing the big window units for a/c and use the emergency heat strips for heating. We have spent close to 100,000. trying to keep the units operating. These units have made my life a living hell!!!!!!I Have not been able to enjoy one summer since 2000, when I started working for the company. Every summer complaint after complaint. We have 60 other units that are older and have Bryant air conditioners. I have very seldom ever had a problem with those units. The Yorks are defective. The coils and the compressors are defective straight from the factory. My husband finaly dediced to file a product liability lawsuit, but the attorney said that we had waited too long to file. I would love for an attorney to file a class action lawsuit against this company. You would win hands down. I would be more than happy to testify in court. I wish I could be compensated for the pain and suffering I have had to endure with people calling me constantly complaining about their air conditioner.

Date created: 2009-12-03 Name: Rabindranath Ramberan

"Warrenty not being by the sales company"
I bought (3) three York split units (2) two 12000 btu and (1) one 18000 btu about May 2006. One of the 12000 btu started to malfunction ie. it would work for a few days and for afew days the condenser part of the unit would not start up.This began happening a few months after it was bought. The company was notified, technicians were sent time and time again and at present the problem still exists. The 18000 btu unit also gave its share of problems at one point in time the unit would not shut off if you did not take of the main power supply to it. In June 2009 the compressor exploded. Evidence was supplied to indicate that the unit was serviced about every (6) six months. The compressor is still on warrenty but the company is not honoring it. I am at present paying to have it repaired. The company which supplied these units is climate control limited, trinidad. west indies. I have (3) three other Rheem units I bought in 2003 and they have been working trouble free. In my opinion a York unit and the supplier are very unreliable.

Date created: 2009-11-18 Name: Mike Z.

"Coil Failures"
To all the people that have had their coils replaced- there is a significant failure problem with York blue fin coils manufactured over the last several years. Failures are at epidemic proportions. York has issued a recall and pays dealers labor to replace the coils. You should not have to also pay labor.

Date created: 2009-10-26 Name: D. Hoffman

"Can you say junk--YORK"
Save yourself a lot of heartache, do not buy a york. In the first 6 months, we replaced compressor, would not heat. Within two years we have had every major component replaced; coil, condenser fan, blower. Make sure you use a reputable contractor, one who will stand behind their customer. I used "Balanced Air" in Port Richey, Florida, can you say mistake. They have no customer service, and could care less about the consumer. This is a company we have used for over 15 years and have never had a problem until we bought the york they talked us into. So do not make the mistake we have made.

Date created: 2009-10-14 Name: R. Lam

"York AC with bad coils"
My ac stopped cooling and began feezing up in July 2009. I was determined that I had a leak in the coil in both units. This can not be a just something that happens. Both units at the same time. Since then one of the units has had the coils replaced twice. I am now on the third coil due to leaks. There is definitally a problem with the coil that York is using. If I could replace the whole unit with another brand I would.

Date created: 2009-09-03 Name: Alice Thompson

"York Air Conditioning"
We replaced our old two-unit system 1 year ago with two York units. They have worked great until a week ago when one of them developed a leak in the evaporator coil. This is called a blue coil because the fins are blue - York is replacing the coil because all of them manufactured between 2006 and 2008 are defective; but they will not pay the labor to install the replacement coil - a cost of over $600. This is a very bad business practice, and because of it I will never buy a York product again. But for now I'm stuck with this since it's only a year old. I have another unit - so I'm expecting it to go out also. Who else has this issue? Maybe it's time to go after the company with a class action lawsuit ... any attorney's out there interested????

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>