Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2010-05-30 Name: D. Raju

"York Compressor breaks"
I bought a house with 1 yr old York installation. The owner did not tell me that he had 5 yrs on a/c and 10 on furnace from Four Seasons heating & cooling in Chicago Il. Cooling stopped due to bad compressor. Four season will not fix it due to non-complaint yearly services which we were not aware. This whole industry is bad. I had 3 different opinions telling me different solutions. I have to call York and beg them to replace the compressor. What a shame!

Date created: 2010-05-27 Name: Greg Zomberg

"AIR COND"
The coils went bad and had to be replaced. At first, I was told that the part was covered and I would have to pay for the labor. I was bothered by that fact so I called York and was told there was a problem with the coils and they would cover the labor. I think they should check these coils that have problems or contact the owners by mail or phone. If I had not called, I would have paid the labor.

Date created: 2010-05-22 Name: Steve Englund

"I'll make it easy for you"
Do not buy a York! It is a money pit.

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: Chad

"Coleman /york defective"
I have had 4 evaporators replaced and still leaking since May 09. Factory says they don't have a problem. AC company says they have hundreds leaking.

Date created: 2010-05-13 Name: R. C. Biss

"York central air conditioner"
I have two York central air conditioner units zoned. The first blue fin coil leaked the first year in one unit and the second unit leaked in year two. As published on the internet, York has issued a recall and will pay for labor up to 4 hours. The units are junk, and after reading all these reviews I believe I will have problems with units as long as I'm unfortunate to own them. The customer service at York are probably tried of hearing about these units. Problems are extremely rude and not the lease bit interested in giving any information. Why did York not send out recall information to customers?

Date created: 2010-03-29 Name: Josh Smith
Location: NW

"AC036x1021A"
I've had problems with my unit every year I've owned it. I service the unit annually, but usually have an additional service call as well. It is like trying to keep an old car running just well enough to get you home. It has been like this since the first year I have had it. Our cooler weather in the NW makes it bearable to put up with its unreliability but it still makes me angry. I have a 12 year old unit for my house (a different brand) and I have never had a single problem. Don't buy York.

Date created: 2010-03-15 Name: F. Edwards

"Name means nothing"
This is a York. The unit started having problems cooling within a few weeks. The original company kept putting freon in it. They went bankrupt. The new company has also put freon in with correcting the problem. I am being told that York will supply a new condenser but I will have to pay for the labor. Since the problem occurred so soon after installation, I should not have to pay for the labor under these circumstances if the York brand has any credibility. All I want is the unit to work as promised and nothing else. However, repeated loss of freon from a defect not being corrected may constitute willful venting covered under Federal and State law and I am wondering if a defective unit was knowingly installed and might be considered consumer fraud.

Date created: 2010-01-12 Name: Mike Miller

"York AC Units"
I paid a local AC contractor a large sum of money to completely install duct work and a brand new furnace with an AC unit outside. The 5th year after installation, the AC compressor failed. I previously had a house which had a Rheem system in it and it lasted 22 yrs with general servicing every year. York is a piece of crap, as now everyone is telling me York has had all their components made overseas by the cheapest Chinese company available... No wonder (?), I will never give York my business again. It's a P.O.S.!

Date created: 2009-12-10 Name: E. Smitherman

"Property Manager"
I am a property manager with 54 units having York air conditioners. I have had so many coil and compressor problems that we don't even fix the units anymore.We started purchasing the big window units for a/c and use the emergency heat strips for heating. We have spent close to 100,000. trying to keep the units operating. These units have made my life a living hell!!!!!!I Have not been able to enjoy one summer since 2000, when I started working for the company. Every summer complaint after complaint. We have 60 other units that are older and have Bryant air conditioners. I have very seldom ever had a problem with those units. The Yorks are defective. The coils and the compressors are defective straight from the factory. My husband finaly dediced to file a product liability lawsuit, but the attorney said that we had waited too long to file. I would love for an attorney to file a class action lawsuit against this company. You would win hands down. I would be more than happy to testify in court. I wish I could be compensated for the pain and suffering I have had to endure with people calling me constantly complaining about their air conditioner.

Date created: 2009-12-03 Name: Rabindranath Ramberan

"Warrenty not being by the sales company"
I bought (3) three York split units (2) two 12000 btu and (1) one 18000 btu about May 2006. One of the 12000 btu started to malfunction ie. it would work for a few days and for afew days the condenser part of the unit would not start up.This began happening a few months after it was bought. The company was notified, technicians were sent time and time again and at present the problem still exists. The 18000 btu unit also gave its share of problems at one point in time the unit would not shut off if you did not take of the main power supply to it. In June 2009 the compressor exploded. Evidence was supplied to indicate that the unit was serviced about every (6) six months. The compressor is still on warrenty but the company is not honoring it. I am at present paying to have it repaired. The company which supplied these units is climate control limited, trinidad. west indies. I have (3) three other Rheem units I bought in 2003 and they have been working trouble free. In my opinion a York unit and the supplier are very unreliable.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>