Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2010-07-01 Name: M. Kutten

"York AC is no good"
I bought a model house from Orleans Builders that has a York ac installed. The ac has been down since we moved in on 6/3/10 (about two years after the house was built). First, I was told by R&D (the company who installed it, that the coil is on recall. It took them two weeks to get it. Then, I was told that the compressor is bad. It took them another week to get it. Now, I am told that the new coil has bad txv valve and it would take several days to get. This is probably the worst ac on the market.

Date created: 2010-06-29 Name: C. Davis

"C Davis"
This York was in the house when we bought it in 1987. It had been put in when the house was built in 1971. We have had excellent service. It has never failed - not once. We have it serviced once at the beginning of the summer and it's good to go until the next year. We have now added on to our home and find that the unit is too small to give adequate cooling - and the expense is outrageous! $600-700 monthly electric bills are not uncommon. Now, we have to buy a new unit that will work as good as our York, be more economical, and win the battle with our hot Georgia summers! We were convinced that another York was the way to go, but the York reviews on this site aren't very encouraging. What to do? What to do? Any suggestions?

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: T. Edwards

"Keeps on ticking"
AC service man checked my York system earlier this summer, and once again everything is fine. He says my York AC condenser is from 1976. Amazing that it remains trouble-free and cools very well!

Date created: 2010-06-15 Name: Dave Cantrell

"Owner"
I bought a York system when I built my new home. The company that installed it (Budget Heating) did an outstanding job. I was going with Trane but after talking with my neighbors about the company and with the company itself, I have got to say it was one of my best building decisions ever.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: Brian M.

"York junk"
I've been in a new house now for four years and have had to have the refrigerant replaced more than a few times, as it continues to leak out. After multiple attempts, my service guys found the leak in the "coil box". The part is still under warranty but labor apparently isn't covered. Then someone at work informs me they have a York air unit around the same age and have had this part replaced 5 times already! Sounds like a recall to me.

Date created: 2010-06-03 Name: A. Cusumano

"Garbage/Breach of Warranty"
A York was installed during new construction of home, 2 condensor failures in 5 years...at a cost of $650. Per replacement for "labor and shipping" is a joke of warranty process! Two other homes had other brands, NEVER failed! York is Pork!

Date created: 2010-05-30 Name: D. Raju

"York Compressor breaks"
I bought a house with 1 yr old York installation. The owner did not tell me that he had 5 yrs on a/c and 10 on furnace from Four Seasons heating & cooling in Chicago Il. Cooling stopped due to bad compressor. Four season will not fix it due to non-complaint yearly services which we were not aware. This whole industry is bad. I had 3 different opinions telling me different solutions. I have to call York and beg them to replace the compressor. What a shame!

Date created: 2010-05-27 Name: Greg Zomberg

"AIR COND"
The coils went bad and had to be replaced. At first, I was told that the part was covered and I would have to pay for the labor. I was bothered by that fact so I called York and was told there was a problem with the coils and they would cover the labor. I think they should check these coils that have problems or contact the owners by mail or phone. If I had not called, I would have paid the labor.

Date created: 2010-05-22 Name: Steve Englund

"I'll make it easy for you"
Do not buy a York! It is a money pit.

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: Chad

"Coleman /york defective"
I have had 4 evaporators replaced and still leaking since May 09. Factory says they don't have a problem. AC company says they have hundreds leaking.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>