Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-07-29 Name: Tony Barrows
Location: South Florida

"Stay away!!!!!"
My parents, who are over eighty years old and live in South Florida, bought a York unit less than two years ago. It has had to be serviced for leaks two times. It finally needed a new coil and was under warranty. But it has taken over two weeks and the coil has not arrived. Eighty years old and no ac in August in Florida, you decide if they are York fans. York makes shoddy equipment and then they don't support it. Stay away as if was the plague.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: Michell Froggett

"Great"
I will have to say that over the last 10 years, products of all kinds are not what they used to be. The appliances etc. that I have bought in the last 5-7 years have been pretty sorry, I think this is because the parts that make up the product are made in different countries, regardless of the product being assembled in the USA. I have had my York for 14 years and will have to say it's done an excellent job! I am however, replacing the blower motor as we speak, but that to me is just normal wear. I don't think it's the unit itself. I think it's all the foreign parts that are put into these units now.

Date created: 2010-07-25 Name: Coachman

"Blast the York AC"
Unit was installed Friday July 23 and stopped cooling on July 24. Has an annoying ringing noise coming out of the unit. I wish we had a 24 hour clause to back out and invest in an ac unit that works!

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: Tom Mooney

"AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL"
If you are considering a York, go bang your head on a wall instead. Don't expect to have air conditioning on a regular basis, either. This company is awful. They shipped our unit with incorrect wiring from the factory & the installer had to rewire the whole unit himself. It's only 4 years old, and it has never worked a full year without major, major problems. Replaced fan motors 6 times. Came "overcharged" with coolant from the factory. This company is exactly why so many Americans had big corporations. You get passed from one guy to the next & no one will own up to the fact that this model is a lemon. Five year olds in a third world country would put out a better product than these jackasses.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: Jodi Paulsen

"Biggest POS I've ever encountered!"
Thirteen service calls on a four year old unit. Now have spent more in service calls & repairs than we did on the unit itself. Their dealer can't ever get a tech out here within 24 hours, and in 113 degree heat, I can't wait 3 days for someone to show up, even if it is under warranty. Same parts have been replaced over & over & over. Customer service does not exist at all. Don't buy York! I can't stress this enough! They are beyond reprehensible & put out garbage.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: Patrick O'Malley

"POS"
Had my system serviced and had to have a condensor 375.00. The tech said that they only last about 3 years. What a piece of crap! We have had Geotell and Leonex and never had that problem. I wish I had never put that pos up on my roof.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: J. Smith

"JUNK....run away from this company"
This air conditioner was expensive and it has never worked right.

Date created: 2010-07-05 Name: Teresa Davitt

"york vs coleman"
I would like to set the record straight. Many brands have sister brands, Goodman/Amana, Carrier/Bryant, Lennox/Armstrong, Coleman/York. Don't be a senseless consumer. The installer is the only difference between equipment. Find a contractor who owns and installs him or herself. Make the contractor agree to at least 5 yr money back in writing. If they are confident, they won't hesitate.

Date created: 2010-07-01 Name: M. Kutten

"York AC is no good"
I bought a model house from Orleans Builders that has a York ac installed. The ac has been down since we moved in on 6/3/10 (about two years after the house was built). First, I was told by R&D (the company who installed it, that the coil is on recall. It took them two weeks to get it. Then, I was told that the compressor is bad. It took them another week to get it. Now, I am told that the new coil has bad txv valve and it would take several days to get. This is probably the worst ac on the market.

Date created: 2010-06-29 Name: C. Davis

"C Davis"
This York was in the house when we bought it in 1987. It had been put in when the house was built in 1971. We have had excellent service. It has never failed - not once. We have it serviced once at the beginning of the summer and it's good to go until the next year. We have now added on to our home and find that the unit is too small to give adequate cooling - and the expense is outrageous! $600-700 monthly electric bills are not uncommon. Now, we have to buy a new unit that will work as good as our York, be more economical, and win the battle with our hot Georgia summers! We were convinced that another York was the way to go, but the York reviews on this site aren't very encouraging. What to do? What to do? Any suggestions?