Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-05-01 Name: Leanne
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Will never buy a York"
The newer subdivision I live in, everyone owns a York and had problems. I have to replace the coil. My one neighbor got tired of spending money on repairs and just ended up replacing hers. Pretty much all my neighbors had to replace coils and had other issues as well. My house is just 6 years old and my upstairs unit started to leak last year just months after the warranty was up. The repair guy said it looks like the downstairs will go next. If I had the money, I would replace with something other than York.

Date created: 2011-04-23 Name: Rob
Location: martinsburg WV

"Worst AC, company and customer service in the world"
I have a brand three year old York. So far I have replaced the indoor coil, the outdoor coil, and put a booster on the condenser. Now I am having to replace the condenser. The parts are under warranty for a little while longer but I have to pay labor and freon every time this thing breaks. I have thousands of dollars in repairs in a three year old AC. The company does nothing. All they do is pass me off from one person to another to avoid standing behind their awful awful product. I will never ever but another York. I would not buy a house with a York AC unless the seller agreed to replace it before I moved in. I had to buy window units so I could have AC in the summer and run on my backup heat during the winter. If anyone knows of a class action suit (if there isn't one yet there needs to be) I will gladly join.

Date created: 2011-03-10 Name: mark.milligan
Location: mooresville nc 28117

"Quality in cycles"
I have been a york dealer for 6 years, before I only believed in American Standard/Trane they let me down with the out of USA manufacturing. Quality was a hard lesson for York as they had to recall all the coils made in Mexico and are now only made in Tulsa OK or Missouri. Therefore, they are currently the best as they will pay $100.00 on the spot to any assembly line employee who finds a defect and pushes the button to halt production, that putting your money where your mouth is.

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: E Lutton
Location: Qld Australia

"Y9USE07-5(S)R-11"
We have just sweltered for 3 months through a Queensland Summer. The AC is 1 year old but has a 5 year warranty. We were told the problem was the fan and it had to come from China...the fan they say has been delivered but the cannot give us a date when it will be installed The firm is Air Works in Brisbane There haas been a record of unreturned phone calls and misleading informationd re dates. They say they stillcannot give us a date for installation!

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: anna
Location: texas

"York leaks"
My ac unit is a York. The coils have been replaced 4 times. Thus system is a piece of junk. I'm suing Johnson controls. The engineers and warranty people are liars. Don't buy a York. Ask around you will find out they should stick to making tents but they probly leak too.

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: Mr. davis
Location: sour lake texas

"Johnson controls...junk"
Factory needs to replace my entire system.I am hiring a lawyer. Coils leak condenser leaks compressor failed. Johnson controls sucks.

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: kristin
Location: nederland texas

"York leaking evaporators"
I recently purchased a york system 6 months ago. It has basically rusted and leaked water from the evaporator to the point of needing replacement. The evaporator my ac company says has a recall and they came out and replaced it. Now it is leaking again 2 months later. Ac company says factory bought china copper and they have hundreds of them failing. Never buy another York. Havent had a month yet of a working unit..

Date created: 2011-01-18 Name: Rames

"Worst"
I bought York AC and it is totally useless

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: Francis
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"Backflowing"
My 3 York phone a/c's discharges water from the blowers every now and again. Totally frustrating. Never had this problem with other brands.

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Brady Marshul
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling Toronto"
I am very happy with Aire One. They have done a terrific job installing and caring for my York YPC90. I can see why they have 9 locations! I will definitely continue my business with Aire One!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>