Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: Tom Mooney

"AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL"
If you are considering a York, go bang your head on a wall instead. Don't expect to have air conditioning on a regular basis, either. This company is awful. They shipped our unit with incorrect wiring from the factory & the installer had to rewire the whole unit himself. It's only 4 years old, and it has never worked a full year without major, major problems. Replaced fan motors 6 times. Came "overcharged" with coolant from the factory. This company is exactly why so many Americans had big corporations. You get passed from one guy to the next & no one will own up to the fact that this model is a lemon. Five year olds in a third world country would put out a better product than these jackasses.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: Jodi Paulsen

"Biggest POS I've ever encountered!"
Thirteen service calls on a four year old unit. Now have spent more in service calls & repairs than we did on the unit itself. Their dealer can't ever get a tech out here within 24 hours, and in 113 degree heat, I can't wait 3 days for someone to show up, even if it is under warranty. Same parts have been replaced over & over & over. Customer service does not exist at all. Don't buy York! I can't stress this enough! They are beyond reprehensible & put out garbage.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: Patrick O'Malley

"POS"
Had my system serviced and had to have a condensor 375.00. The tech said that they only last about 3 years. What a piece of crap! We have had Geotell and Leonex and never had that problem. I wish I had never put that pos up on my roof.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: J. Smith

"JUNK....run away from this company"
This air conditioner was expensive and it has never worked right.

Date created: 2010-07-05 Name: Teresa Davitt

"york vs coleman"
I would like to set the record straight. Many brands have sister brands, Goodman/Amana, Carrier/Bryant, Lennox/Armstrong, Coleman/York. Don't be a senseless consumer. The installer is the only difference between equipment. Find a contractor who owns and installs him or herself. Make the contractor agree to at least 5 yr money back in writing. If they are confident, they won't hesitate.

Date created: 2010-07-01 Name: M. Kutten

"York AC is no good"
I bought a model house from Orleans Builders that has a York ac installed. The ac has been down since we moved in on 6/3/10 (about two years after the house was built). First, I was told by R&D (the company who installed it, that the coil is on recall. It took them two weeks to get it. Then, I was told that the compressor is bad. It took them another week to get it. Now, I am told that the new coil has bad txv valve and it would take several days to get. This is probably the worst ac on the market.

Date created: 2010-06-29 Name: C. Davis

"C Davis"
This York was in the house when we bought it in 1987. It had been put in when the house was built in 1971. We have had excellent service. It has never failed - not once. We have it serviced once at the beginning of the summer and it's good to go until the next year. We have now added on to our home and find that the unit is too small to give adequate cooling - and the expense is outrageous! $600-700 monthly electric bills are not uncommon. Now, we have to buy a new unit that will work as good as our York, be more economical, and win the battle with our hot Georgia summers! We were convinced that another York was the way to go, but the York reviews on this site aren't very encouraging. What to do? What to do? Any suggestions?

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: T. Edwards

"Keeps on ticking"
AC service man checked my York system earlier this summer, and once again everything is fine. He says my York AC condenser is from 1976. Amazing that it remains trouble-free and cools very well!

Date created: 2010-06-15 Name: Dave Cantrell

"Owner"
I bought a York system when I built my new home. The company that installed it (Budget Heating) did an outstanding job. I was going with Trane but after talking with my neighbors about the company and with the company itself, I have got to say it was one of my best building decisions ever.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: Brian M.

"York junk"
I've been in a new house now for four years and have had to have the refrigerant replaced more than a few times, as it continues to leak out. After multiple attempts, my service guys found the leak in the "coil box". The part is still under warranty but labor apparently isn't covered. Then someone at work informs me they have a York air unit around the same age and have had this part replaced 5 times already! Sounds like a recall to me.