Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: anna
Location: texas

"York leaks"
My ac unit is a York. The coils have been replaced 4 times. Thus system is a piece of junk. I'm suing Johnson controls. The engineers and warranty people are liars. Don't buy a York. Ask around you will find out they should stick to making tents but they probly leak too.

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: Mr. davis
Location: sour lake texas

"Johnson controls...junk"
Factory needs to replace my entire system.I am hiring a lawyer. Coils leak condenser leaks compressor failed. Johnson controls sucks.

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: kristin
Location: nederland texas

"York leaking evaporators"
I recently purchased a york system 6 months ago. It has basically rusted and leaked water from the evaporator to the point of needing replacement. The evaporator my ac company says has a recall and they came out and replaced it. Now it is leaking again 2 months later. Ac company says factory bought china copper and they have hundreds of them failing. Never buy another York. Havent had a month yet of a working unit..

Date created: 2011-01-18 Name: Rames

"Worst"
I bought York AC and it is totally useless

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: Francis
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

"Backflowing"
My 3 York phone a/c's discharges water from the blowers every now and again. Totally frustrating. Never had this problem with other brands.

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Brady Marshul
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling Toronto"
I am very happy with Aire One. They have done a terrific job installing and caring for my York YPC90. I can see why they have 9 locations! I will definitely continue my business with Aire One!

Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: Andy
Location: New York

"Tech point of view"
I was refrigeration mechanic for about 10 years .Last year I join AC company.Worked on most existing commercial brands of AC,s.York is my favorite brand.Perfect design, accessibility ,durability. Outside refrigerant ports access ,separate electrical panel aloud you to work on unit with out disconnecting it ,simple control components ,inexpensive small parts .Units I worked on were 15 to 25 years old .Wherever I head problems ,they were cause by poor maintenance ,but i have 100% repairs done at first call .I can,t say that about Carrier or Train .All (all brands) AC units MADE IN USA are good units if they are installed properly and maintain accordingly.Unfortunately GLOBALIZATION forced ALL the companies to cut costs of production and after 2001 all went south .I can not wait when I can work again on good American Maid AC,s and parts.And YORK will still be my # 1 .

Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: John S
Location: Ellington, Connecticut

"AY024MA322A"
Installed in October 2007 as part of an entire new ducted system for heat and a/c when we started it in August 2008 it ran but did not produce cool air and the origional installer checked it for r-22 which was at zero, he has spent every summer checking for leaks and refilling it. The Retailer (an Hvac distributer) that he purchased it from will only replace the affected part compressor coil or compressor (we cannot figure that out) We can both hear a high pitched sound and have even submerged it in water @ 350 psi.Please dont assume the line set or the inside coil as they were separated 2 weeks ago and charged with and still maintaining 350 psi . I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE YORK AND WILL BE UNTIL SOMEONE TAKES RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT. PS the model is AY024MA322A and it has a DELPHI coil

Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: ng jit leong
Location: penang malaysia

"WD012A-AXAA"
Very happy with the above unit. can you tell me what is the cooling capacity for the same unit.

Date created: 2010-10-23 Name: Mary T
Location: Malaysia

"Timer blinking."
The air conditioner is blowing hot air, the timer is blinking, we already monitor the capacitor (good), sensor changed, PC board also changed, compressor run, copper piping in good condition, current amp is Normal, gas PSI 70 (normal)