Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: R. Altman
Location: Ocala,FL

"York a/c -heatpump"
Had complete unit installed in 2006, first 2 years ok. Third year replaced fan motor,fourth year replaced thermostat, no problems in 5th year, 6th year 2 condensor leaks $1000.00, new compressor covered under warranty but still paid $600 in labor. York won't replace the condensor even though the compressor vibration caused the two leaks! I would never buy another York product, The a/c company that installed and has been repairing the unit no longer sells York because they have to many problems and it hurts customer relations. This is the same comment I've gotten from two other local dealers.

Date created: 2011-07-26 Name: A.R
Location: Dallas Texas

"15 ton rooftop"
Very bad units I own an a/c company and install this huge 15 ton. unit and start a leak on the compressor (discharge line) in the first week after installation. I took it to johnson and they gave me the new compressor. I installed it and nobody ever payed me for labor and refrigerant. Well after 3 weeks of running it leaks again -- "guess" where. Yep same place. Went back to johnson and now I didn't even get the compressor -- I had to pay for it plus labor, parts, new filters and refrigerant. Customer really really mad. Lost my customer and around $3200.00. It takes 21.6 lbs of refrigerant and I did it twice. Don't ever buy this junk.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: T. Bengtson

"Breaks down every 6 months"
I think we have replaced every part of this system and still breaks down. Evaporator coils replaced June 2010 and are leaking again!

Date created: 2011-07-11 Name: Dan C
Location: Houston, TX

"Should have replaced the who thing"
Pulte homes installed it into a new build. Been a major lemon. Replaced the evaporator coil twice and the compressor. High electric bills. Noisy.

Date created: 2011-07-06 Name: Lenard
Location: orange texas

"York leaks"
York coils leaking 3rd time plus the original. Unit also is water damaged. From what I read and I have heard everyone is having these type of issues? Anyone care to a class action??

Date created: 2011-06-25 Name: owner
Location: texas

"Contractors...."
I own a ac company and would not ever sell another york ac unit. Johnson controls does not stand behind the contractor therefore the customer can't be protected from poor quality and engineering problems...the only way to be refunded is through legal action. Don't let them ruin ur home with mold water leaks and coil leaking issues . Even the condensers will not last due to leaks.

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: Carmen
Location: Fresno, Ca

"A real "lemon""
Roof top unit was purchased 3 years ago. Turned on a/c and no cool air. Called Co. that installed unit.It has a bad Circuit Board and the Evaporator Coil is leaking oil. 4 week wait for Coil part. Repair cost is out of sight. Temp is 105. What a joke. If I could afford a different brand, I would do it in a minute.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: diego
Location: fresno

"Owner"
Iam a contractor and was installing york units, but we had to stop selling them because they were giving our company a bad name. Every rooftop unit we installed we went back within the first two years for a warranty call. Iam really dissapointed with the york systems. They have caused our company a lot of problems and money. Something needs to change

Date created: 2011-06-13 Name: Brandon
Location: South Jordan, Utah

"Piece by piece"
Our home is 2 years old and this is what has been replaced on our York A/C furnace unit. The Air conditioner compressor, blower motor, main curcuit board and thermostat. The third year is just underway and the A/C wont blow cold, probably a leak? I cant wait to start paying the A/C guy again this year! If York cared it would send someone out to replace the entire unit, this is unreal! Buyer be ware...

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: Erin

"Not Worth The Money"
Our house is 8 years old, we had a York central air unit installed 8 years ago. We have had a leak from day one, only the repair service could not find it. 8 years later, they find the leak in the coil. $1400 to replace the coil, but we've decided not to. We're going to take that money and invest it in another unit, other than a York. Even with the records of them recharging the unit year after year, York will not cover the coil under warranty. So not worth the money.