Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-08-30 Name: C. O'Connor
Location: New jersey

"York POS"
The compressor went and the unit was not even 2 years old...they should be embarrassed to offer a product that is so poorly made.

Date created: 2011-08-28 Name: M.B.
Location: Texas

"Nothing But A Nightmare"
This a/c was installed when our home in the country was built 8 years ago. With the exception of the first year in our new home and summer of 2010, we have had major repairs every year. Almost every part of this a/c has been replaced, some more than once. The company that does repairs on our a/c is very reputable and has been in the Central Texas area for 47 years. We trust the people who come to repair our a/C. We do not trust York. Poorly made, substandard rip-off.

Date created: 2011-08-13 Name: Dale T.
Location: Arizona

"Compressor needs replacement"
Since moving into our new home, we have had lots of trouble with this unit. Early on, a capacitor was change out. Now at 5 years and 1 month, it keeps tripping the breaker. Note that the warranty is 5 years. It appears that we either need a new compressor or a new unit. Only a piece of junk would only last 5 years. By far, this is the worst ac unit I have ever owned. This was a cheap builder provided unit. Don't buy York!

Date created: 2011-08-13 Name: d.

"Compressor needs replacement"

Date created: 2011-08-11 Name: D Soignet
Location: Prairieville,La

"No More York"
Purchased a brand new York system 11 years ago and the evaporated coils have a leak and the Board Control is bad. Just found out that York discontinued making the part and has no replacement part. How do not make a replacement part for an 11 year old system.

Date created: 2011-08-03 Name: Bill Ward
Location: New Lenox, IL

"HVAC Contractor"
York offers the best customer service for my customers as well as my company. I will also point out that most of these complaints are due to the fault of the contractor that installed the equipment and not the product. While York had some problems with made in Mexico coils, the issue was corrected and York will pay for the replacement of the coil. We toured the plant in Wichita and were impressed by the excellent quality control maintained by the Johnson Controls people. All of the equipment is now made in Kansas and the Source 1 parts distribution center is just a few miles away. While other manufacture's products are marketed into the homes by excessive advertising; York is conservative in their marketing but uses more resources on research and development. When you buy a York product you are not paying for the marketing.

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: R. Altman
Location: Ocala,FL

"York a/c -heatpump"
Had complete unit installed in 2006, first 2 years ok. Third year replaced fan motor,fourth year replaced thermostat, no problems in 5th year, 6th year 2 condensor leaks $1000.00, new compressor covered under warranty but still paid $600 in labor. York won't replace the condensor even though the compressor vibration caused the two leaks! I would never buy another York product, The a/c company that installed and has been repairing the unit no longer sells York because they have to many problems and it hurts customer relations. This is the same comment I've gotten from two other local dealers.

Date created: 2011-07-26 Name: A.R
Location: Dallas Texas

"15 ton rooftop"
Very bad units I own an a/c company and install this huge 15 ton. unit and start a leak on the compressor (discharge line) in the first week after installation. I took it to johnson and they gave me the new compressor. I installed it and nobody ever payed me for labor and refrigerant. Well after 3 weeks of running it leaks again -- "guess" where. Yep same place. Went back to johnson and now I didn't even get the compressor -- I had to pay for it plus labor, parts, new filters and refrigerant. Customer really really mad. Lost my customer and around $3200.00. It takes 21.6 lbs of refrigerant and I did it twice. Don't ever buy this junk.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: T. Bengtson

"Breaks down every 6 months"
I think we have replaced every part of this system and still breaks down. Evaporator coils replaced June 2010 and are leaking again!

Date created: 2011-07-11 Name: Dan C
Location: Houston, TX

"Should have replaced the who thing"
Pulte homes installed it into a new build. Been a major lemon. Replaced the evaporator coil twice and the compressor. High electric bills. Noisy.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>