Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-10-23 Name: Mary T
Location: Malaysia

"Timer blinking."
The air conditioner is blowing hot air, the timer is blinking, we already monitor the capacitor (good), sensor changed, PC board also changed, compressor run, copper piping in good condition, current amp is Normal, gas PSI 70 (normal)

Date created: 2010-09-03 Name: Jim
Location: Northwes indiana.

"Blue ac coil defetive"
York has a problem with the blue coil ac coils they leak. York never informed consumers about the problem so consumers are putting freon in only to leak out. Also York will pay for the labor and coil but the consumer is unaware of this and have to pay for it twice like me. I tried to get a refund but Yorks customer service is terriable. Please file a complaint with the Better business Breau and the Federal Trade Commision (FTC) if you had problems to and pass it on. This sounds like a class action lawsuit to me.

Date created: 2010-08-14 Name: robert mcculloch
Location: Troy,IL.

"Cooling air conditioner"
15 years old.motor locked up causing the compresser to get hot creating oil to leak out.

Date created: 2010-07-29 Name: Tony Barrows
Location: South Florida

"Stay away!!!!!"
My parents, who are over eighty years old and live in South Florida, bought a York unit less than two years ago. It has had to be serviced for leaks two times. It finally needed a new coil and was under warranty. But it has taken over two weeks and the coil has not arrived. Eighty years old and no ac in August in Florida, you decide if they are York fans. York makes shoddy equipment and then they don't support it. Stay away as if was the plague.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: Michell Froggett

"Great"
I will have to say that over the last 10 years, products of all kinds are not what they used to be. The appliances etc. that I have bought in the last 5-7 years have been pretty sorry, I think this is because the parts that make up the product are made in different countries, regardless of the product being assembled in the USA. I have had my York for 14 years and will have to say it's done an excellent job! I am however, replacing the blower motor as we speak, but that to me is just normal wear. I don't think it's the unit itself. I think it's all the foreign parts that are put into these units now.

Date created: 2010-07-25 Name: Coachman

"Blast the York AC"
Unit was installed Friday July 23 and stopped cooling on July 24. Has an annoying ringing noise coming out of the unit. I wish we had a 24 hour clause to back out and invest in an ac unit that works!

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: Tom Mooney

"AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL"
If you are considering a York, go bang your head on a wall instead. Don't expect to have air conditioning on a regular basis, either. This company is awful. They shipped our unit with incorrect wiring from the factory & the installer had to rewire the whole unit himself. It's only 4 years old, and it has never worked a full year without major, major problems. Replaced fan motors 6 times. Came "overcharged" with coolant from the factory. This company is exactly why so many Americans had big corporations. You get passed from one guy to the next & no one will own up to the fact that this model is a lemon. Five year olds in a third world country would put out a better product than these jackasses.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: Jodi Paulsen

"Biggest POS I've ever encountered!"
Thirteen service calls on a four year old unit. Now have spent more in service calls & repairs than we did on the unit itself. Their dealer can't ever get a tech out here within 24 hours, and in 113 degree heat, I can't wait 3 days for someone to show up, even if it is under warranty. Same parts have been replaced over & over & over. Customer service does not exist at all. Don't buy York! I can't stress this enough! They are beyond reprehensible & put out garbage.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: Patrick O'Malley

"POS"
Had my system serviced and had to have a condensor 375.00. The tech said that they only last about 3 years. What a piece of crap! We have had Geotell and Leonex and never had that problem. I wish I had never put that pos up on my roof.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: J. Smith

"JUNK....run away from this company"
This air conditioner was expensive and it has never worked right.