Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-07-11 Name: Dan C
Location: Houston, TX

"Should have replaced the who thing"
Pulte homes installed it into a new build. Been a major lemon. Replaced the evaporator coil twice and the compressor. High electric bills. Noisy.

Date created: 2011-07-06 Name: Lenard
Location: orange texas

"York leaks"
York coils leaking 3rd time plus the original. Unit also is water damaged. From what I read and I have heard everyone is having these type of issues? Anyone care to a class action??

Date created: 2011-06-25 Name: owner
Location: texas

"Contractors...."
I own a ac company and would not ever sell another york ac unit. Johnson controls does not stand behind the contractor therefore the customer can't be protected from poor quality and engineering problems...the only way to be refunded is through legal action. Don't let them ruin ur home with mold water leaks and coil leaking issues . Even the condensers will not last due to leaks.

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: Carmen
Location: Fresno, Ca

"A real "lemon""
Roof top unit was purchased 3 years ago. Turned on a/c and no cool air. Called Co. that installed unit.It has a bad Circuit Board and the Evaporator Coil is leaking oil. 4 week wait for Coil part. Repair cost is out of sight. Temp is 105. What a joke. If I could afford a different brand, I would do it in a minute.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: diego
Location: fresno

"Owner"
Iam a contractor and was installing york units, but we had to stop selling them because they were giving our company a bad name. Every rooftop unit we installed we went back within the first two years for a warranty call. Iam really dissapointed with the york systems. They have caused our company a lot of problems and money. Something needs to change

Date created: 2011-06-13 Name: Brandon
Location: South Jordan, Utah

"Piece by piece"
Our home is 2 years old and this is what has been replaced on our York A/C furnace unit. The Air conditioner compressor, blower motor, main curcuit board and thermostat. The third year is just underway and the A/C wont blow cold, probably a leak? I cant wait to start paying the A/C guy again this year! If York cared it would send someone out to replace the entire unit, this is unreal! Buyer be ware...

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: Erin

"Not Worth The Money"
Our house is 8 years old, we had a York central air unit installed 8 years ago. We have had a leak from day one, only the repair service could not find it. 8 years later, they find the leak in the coil. $1400 to replace the coil, but we've decided not to. We're going to take that money and invest it in another unit, other than a York. Even with the records of them recharging the unit year after year, York will not cover the coil under warranty. So not worth the money.

Date created: 2011-06-04 Name: S. M.

"Totally Frustrated"
This York unit is a POS! I've had the unit under 3 years and have had nothing but trouble.. I've replaced the coil, compasiter and now the circuit board. What's next???

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Jonathan S.

"Worst Investment Ever!"
I've had this unit for 6 years. I've had to repair it every freaking year I've owned it. I'm writing this now from my home in Florida in 85-degree temp since I came home today and my compressor was fried. Unfortunately its supposed to be 94 tomorrow. Please please please, never ever buy one of these. They are pieces of crap and the people who sell them are also crap.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Name: B.Kay
Location: Fort Worth, TX

"RECALL YORK AIR CONDITIONERS"
My york ac is four & half yrs.old and I have had four coils to leak also several neighbors(8) had the same issue. I believe the cpper tubing is not the quality or grade it should be. Read where York used Copper from China? If there was ever a reason for a recall this is it. We live in the Fort Worth area, the ac repairmen want to blame it on Chinese Dry Wall, not faulty york ac'S. But there's no indication we have C.D.W. in these houses. It's the faulty yorks, This has happened 2006 to May 2011 our 5th one has been replaced with a trane. No more leaks.