Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-08-11 Name: D Soignet
Location: Prairieville,La

"No More York"
Purchased a brand new York system 11 years ago and the evaporated coils have a leak and the Board Control is bad. Just found out that York discontinued making the part and has no replacement part. How do not make a replacement part for an 11 year old system.

Date created: 2011-08-03 Name: Bill Ward
Location: New Lenox, IL

"HVAC Contractor"
York offers the best customer service for my customers as well as my company. I will also point out that most of these complaints are due to the fault of the contractor that installed the equipment and not the product. While York had some problems with made in Mexico coils, the issue was corrected and York will pay for the replacement of the coil. We toured the plant in Wichita and were impressed by the excellent quality control maintained by the Johnson Controls people. All of the equipment is now made in Kansas and the Source 1 parts distribution center is just a few miles away. While other manufacture's products are marketed into the homes by excessive advertising; York is conservative in their marketing but uses more resources on research and development. When you buy a York product you are not paying for the marketing.

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: R. Altman
Location: Ocala,FL

"York a/c -heatpump"
Had complete unit installed in 2006, first 2 years ok. Third year replaced fan motor,fourth year replaced thermostat, no problems in 5th year, 6th year 2 condensor leaks $1000.00, new compressor covered under warranty but still paid $600 in labor. York won't replace the condensor even though the compressor vibration caused the two leaks! I would never buy another York product, The a/c company that installed and has been repairing the unit no longer sells York because they have to many problems and it hurts customer relations. This is the same comment I've gotten from two other local dealers.

Date created: 2011-07-26 Name: A.R
Location: Dallas Texas

"15 ton rooftop"
Very bad units I own an a/c company and install this huge 15 ton. unit and start a leak on the compressor (discharge line) in the first week after installation. I took it to johnson and they gave me the new compressor. I installed it and nobody ever payed me for labor and refrigerant. Well after 3 weeks of running it leaks again -- "guess" where. Yep same place. Went back to johnson and now I didn't even get the compressor -- I had to pay for it plus labor, parts, new filters and refrigerant. Customer really really mad. Lost my customer and around $3200.00. It takes 21.6 lbs of refrigerant and I did it twice. Don't ever buy this junk.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: T. Bengtson

"Breaks down every 6 months"
I think we have replaced every part of this system and still breaks down. Evaporator coils replaced June 2010 and are leaking again!

Date created: 2011-07-11 Name: Dan C
Location: Houston, TX

"Should have replaced the who thing"
Pulte homes installed it into a new build. Been a major lemon. Replaced the evaporator coil twice and the compressor. High electric bills. Noisy.

Date created: 2011-07-06 Name: Lenard
Location: orange texas

"York leaks"
York coils leaking 3rd time plus the original. Unit also is water damaged. From what I read and I have heard everyone is having these type of issues? Anyone care to a class action??

Date created: 2011-06-25 Name: owner
Location: texas

"Contractors...."
I own a ac company and would not ever sell another york ac unit. Johnson controls does not stand behind the contractor therefore the customer can't be protected from poor quality and engineering problems...the only way to be refunded is through legal action. Don't let them ruin ur home with mold water leaks and coil leaking issues . Even the condensers will not last due to leaks.

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: Carmen
Location: Fresno, Ca

"A real "lemon""
Roof top unit was purchased 3 years ago. Turned on a/c and no cool air. Called Co. that installed unit.It has a bad Circuit Board and the Evaporator Coil is leaking oil. 4 week wait for Coil part. Repair cost is out of sight. Temp is 105. What a joke. If I could afford a different brand, I would do it in a minute.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: diego
Location: fresno

"Owner"
Iam a contractor and was installing york units, but we had to stop selling them because they were giving our company a bad name. Every rooftop unit we installed we went back within the first two years for a warranty call. Iam really dissapointed with the york systems. They have caused our company a lot of problems and money. Something needs to change