Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-08-10 Name: Jackie Burns
Location: Tennessee

"Unsatisfied miserable"
Very unsatisfied with York. I have had two units from May 2014. The current unit has been down for a month. Need an expansion valve, parts have been on back order for 1 month. Customers service is a joke. They are rude and rush you off the phone. I have encountered several ac techs that do not want to.work on them anymore. The warranty, 10 years, sounds great, it's a joke. I have to pay for removal /replacement of Freon and three hours of labor $550.00 dollars. With no help from York. I was told they are aware of this issue. We should not be out of any money for labor. I will never purchase another ever. The heat in Nashville has been horrible. I have chronic breathing problems and had to spend money on hotels for sometime It should not take a month or longer to get parts. Miserable!!!

Date created: 2018-07-29 Name: S David
Location: Alabama

"Horrible"
Bought a York due to its "10 year warranty." Compressor no good after only 2 years. The unit has been down for over two weeks. Waiting on York to ship the new compressor. House is burning up and we cannot find out if it has shipped yet.
Date created: 2018-07-26 Name: Leslie Mink
Location: South, USA

"Don't buy York"
We have 2 of York's top of the line, high efficiency units. Installed 12/26/2008. Still under warranty. Our coil on the downstairs unit has gone out 3 times. Last time was late June. Took 8 days to get one shipped to our hvac guy. Eleven days, same unit, the chiller unit burnt up. We've been without A.C. since. New unit was ordered 8 days ago. York advises that it will be another 7-14 days before they can ship new one. Here in the south, the effective temperatures have been 105- 113 for this last month. Can you imagine trying to live in that situation??? I paid good money for what was supposed to be the best unit in the market. Turns out it breaks down 4-6 times a year! Our hvac contractor no longer carries York because of the poor customer service. The President of York needs to change his business plan, and not make replacement parts as they are ordered!! I've been without both heat and air over these last 9 years. Shouldn't happen!
Date created: 2018-07-25 Name: ATN
Location: Madisonville, TN

"Unreliable"
I live in East Tennessee. I had two brand new York air conditioners installed in my house in 2014. One of them had chronic problems after 3 years and the other suffered the same fate a year later (this year). So, brand new air conditioners having major problems after 3 or 4 years is a major part of why I cannot recommend York air conditioners. Having a warranty for parts doesn't do you much good when you have to pay high labor costs to repair an unreliable product. Customer service is terrible.
Date created: 2018-07-13 Name: Margo Roberts
Location: Boise, ID

"Terrible Customer Support"
We are sitting in 87 degree weather while it takes a couple of weeks to get a coil from York. Our A/C unit is only 1 and a half to 2 years new and has been working fine until now. My certified A/C guy said it doesn't look like a problem with installation, but more a faulty condenser coil. So, when the part eventually does come in, I will be responsible for removing refrigerant, installing new coil, new filter drier, new copper connectors and Nitrogen, welding vacuum dow to 400 microns, pressurize to 400 psi, charge with refrigerant, etc. for repairs that were not our fault. I left my name and contact on their website but have received not a call in two days. They leave no phone number to call and the local distributor just sticks by the York policy of poor customer support. I repair many apartments and homes, but will not use York again because of this experience.
Date created: 2018-07-12 Name: Janice A
Location: Coldwater Ontario, CAnada

"Leak"
I've only had the unit for one year. Had it running twice last year. This year it was up and running for two days. The technician advised it had a leak. Advised only replacing a part. Not satisfied. I believe this unit was not a good choice.
Date created: 2018-02-20 Name: Joe Haning
Location: Owasso, Oklahoma

"Post installation review"
I purchased a York heat and air system because of my total trust and confidence of the contractor, Paul Harrison. His reputation for honesty and integrity are the highest. A friend that is the Vice President of a large trust company that takes care of hundreds of estates uses Paul Harrison as their primary HVAC contractor because of his integrity and fair prices. If he says York is good, that is good enough for this old soldier. Colonel Joe Haning, USA Retired
Date created: 2017-12-01 Name: Richard
Location: [email protected]

"2 x60 ton piece of junk. Spent over $100,000"
Don't waste your money on a York Air Conditioner. I spent over $100,000 on 2 full size 60 ton complete packages. I purchased them for my motion picture studios. Within the first year of having these units being used, they started to leak. Mind you they only had a total of 235 hours, and they started to leak. Recently, one of the units had a compressor go out. I want to warn everyone to stay clear of York. They will not guarantee the work they do, and have told me several times that I am on my own. I spent over 100 thousand dollars on two units. I would love to share my review with the world. Please don't waste your time, or your hard earned money on junk. Take it from me. You can contact me if you want more information. [email protected]
Date created: 2017-08-14 Name: Darcel
Location: Woodsboro, TX

"VERY UPSET"
We brought a york a/c less than 6 months ago and it has not given us nothing but trouble complete junk don't ever buy from these guys. Unless you have money to flush down the toilet. It's sad how you spend your hard earned money and get this junk never again.
Date created: 2017-07-18 Name: Old Dirty
Location: North Carolina

"York"
Bought a York 3 years ago and have had problems with the drain clogging up and just recently replaced the air handler motor. One good note is that I have a 10 year parts warranty, so no money out of pocket so far.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>