Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2019-07-17 Name: D. Gregg
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"York air conditioning"
I am very dissatisfied with York. I have spent as much money on repairs as the purchase price. I Had maintains done in January this year, and service3 times since then for no air. This is ridiculous during this heat of index of 105 days after day and can't get Service for 3-4 days, then out pocket hotel plus repairs.

Date created: 2019-04-11 Name: K. Burmood
Location: Augusta, GA

"York AC Unit Sucks"
2 York AC/Heat Pump Units installed at the new home in 2013. 2015 the blower motor went out on the downstairs unit. Parts covered but not labor, $250 in expense. 2018 upstairs unit is leaking Freon. The warranty has expired on both units. There are no quality York products! 5 years old and its leaking freon at a rate of 3#'s per year. Now its find the leak and repair or replace the unit, all at my cost. Stay away from york! Complete Garbage!
Date created: 2019-03-11 Name: Michael Weaster
Location: Houston, TX

"Stay away"
Ac guy recommended this unit, did not work when installed both AC/Heat unit failed within months of each other. I sent a message to york and never got a response to the issue, they replaced the a/c unit a couple of months later but my Electric bill has doubled since I had this unit installed. It makes a very loud noise with coming on and off and per the local dealer that is normal for york, they actually told me they normally try not to sell YORK...if you have a choice do not buy this product.
Date created: 2019-03-07 Name: Tom Roberts
Location: Lenexa, KS

"14 Years of Cool and more"
I have had a two-stage York Affinity in my home for over 14 years so far - love two-stage comfort and great utility bills. The variable speed blower makes the system extra quiet, too. I especially like the fact that these products are built in the United States! I have had York products in my house since 1982, and since I have sold them since then, I know quite a bit about them, their heritage, and why my family and friends use York products too.
Date created: 2018-10-01 Name: M. Allen
Location: Kendall Park, NJ

"Extremely unsatisfied"
I purchased this unit a year and a half ago and itís not working. It had a leak and the coils froze and have to be replaced, and they have to find the leak. The warranty covers parts, but not labor, and itís going to cost me at least $750.00 to fix it. I wish Iíd read these reviews before I bought it because I would have got a different brand. Now Iím stuck with it.
Date created: 2018-08-10 Name: Jackie Burns
Location: Tennessee

"Unsatisfied miserable"
Very unsatisfied with York. I have had two units from May 2014. The current unit has been down for a month. Need an expansion valve, parts have been on back order for 1 month. Customers service is a joke. They are rude and rush you off the phone. I have encountered several ac techs that do not want to.work on them anymore. The warranty, 10 years, sounds great, it's a joke. I have to pay for removal /replacement of Freon and three hours of labor $550.00 dollars. With no help from York. I was told they are aware of this issue. We should not be out of any money for labor. I will never purchase another ever. The heat in Nashville has been horrible. I have chronic breathing problems and had to spend money on hotels for sometime It should not take a month or longer to get parts. Miserable!!!
Date created: 2018-07-29 Name: S David
Location: Alabama

"Horrible"
Bought a York due to its "10 year warranty." Compressor no good after only 2 years. The unit has been down for over two weeks. Waiting on York to ship the new compressor. House is burning up and we cannot find out if it has shipped yet.
Date created: 2018-07-26 Name: Leslie Mink
Location: South, USA

"Don't buy York"
We have 2 of York's top of the line, high efficiency units. Installed 12/26/2008. Still under warranty. Our coil on the downstairs unit has gone out 3 times. Last time was late June. Took 8 days to get one shipped to our hvac guy. Eleven days, same unit, the chiller unit burnt up. We've been without A.C. since. New unit was ordered 8 days ago. York advises that it will be another 7-14 days before they can ship new one. Here in the south, the effective temperatures have been 105- 113 for this last month. Can you imagine trying to live in that situation??? I paid good money for what was supposed to be the best unit in the market. Turns out it breaks down 4-6 times a year! Our hvac contractor no longer carries York because of the poor customer service. The President of York needs to change his business plan, and not make replacement parts as they are ordered!! I've been without both heat and air over these last 9 years. Shouldn't happen!
Date created: 2018-07-25 Name: ATN
Location: Madisonville, TN

"Unreliable"
I live in East Tennessee. I had two brand new York air conditioners installed in my house in 2014. One of them had chronic problems after 3 years and the other suffered the same fate a year later (this year). So, brand new air conditioners having major problems after 3 or 4 years is a major part of why I cannot recommend York air conditioners. Having a warranty for parts doesn't do you much good when you have to pay high labor costs to repair an unreliable product. Customer service is terrible.
Date created: 2018-07-13 Name: Margo Roberts
Location: Boise, ID

"Terrible Customer Support"
We are sitting in 87 degree weather while it takes a couple of weeks to get a coil from York. Our A/C unit is only 1 and a half to 2 years new and has been working fine until now. My certified A/C guy said it doesn't look like a problem with installation, but more a faulty condenser coil. So, when the part eventually does come in, I will be responsible for removing refrigerant, installing new coil, new filter drier, new copper connectors and Nitrogen, welding vacuum dow to 400 microns, pressurize to 400 psi, charge with refrigerant, etc. for repairs that were not our fault. I left my name and contact on their website but have received not a call in two days. They leave no phone number to call and the local distributor just sticks by the York policy of poor customer support. I repair many apartments and homes, but will not use York again because of this experience.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>