Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-11-28 Name: K. McKinney
Location: St. Louis, MO

"Don't know yet."
We hired a contractor to add a room. We needed a larger ac. Our contractor works with the a/c company. We have only used it for about 4 days before the weather got cooler so I don't know if it is a really good a/c or not.

Date created: 2016-10-23 Name: b wilson
Location: Florence, AZ

"A/C, furnace installation"
The whole purchase and installation process was very simple. Everything was explained in clear and easy to understand terms. The installation itself was quick and efficient. The installers were courteous, attentive to our questions and very polite.

Date created: 2016-10-21 Name: Leo Broadwater
Location: Cumberland, MD

"Pleased with contractor and equipment"
The unit does a good job, makes very little noise and is a good looking unit.

Date created: 2016-09-23 Name: A. Robichaud
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

"A/C review"
The staff were very knowledgeable and provided great customer service. I wish I would have called years ago to have an A/C installed. I have only had my A/C for a year and do not have any concerns. I recommended them to my friends and they had A/C's installed as well and are pleased with the product and service.

Date created: 2016-09-20 Name: Doug Portell
Location: Brentwood, TN

"Do not buy these units."
Built a new home 2 years ago and have already had to replace coils. $2,000 in labor cost.

Date created: 2016-09-19 Name: Bob menkhaus
Location: Hillsboro, indiana

"Total crap"
Four or five years old, the blower was replaced under warranty. It is out again. Every other York contractor I've talked to says our installer (**** ****** , ****** Heating and Air, Lawrenceburg, Indiana) is running the seven-speed blower too fast and the resultant back pressure is burning up the motor. He insists it must be on full speed at all times. Then why does it have seven speeds? Takes him a week to return a call, then another week to come out. Last time he was here he told me "well , I reset it, let's see what it does ". Getting really tired of taking off work for this idiot. Other contractors all tell me they can't work on it , it's ******'s territory. Never, ever buy a York. The Trane in my last house is now 21 years old and has never missed a beat.

Date created: 2016-09-13 Name: S. Havens
Location: Baltimore, MD

"Best contractor"
I had Turlington HVAC at my home working on my existing equipment over 20 years ago. From that point forward, based on their manner at my home and their apparent concern for my well-being as well as the owner's knowledge, I would not even consider using anyone but them. If they tell me that this is the best equipment for their needs I believe them, although they do show me SEER and other kinds of comparative info, and relative costs. The equipment works as expected and I'm happy with it.

Date created: 2016-08-15 Name: Christi Hunter
Location: Buckeye, AZ

"Excellent unit and service"
Our York AC unit cools our whole house wonderfully. We are very satisfied with it.

Date created: 2016-07-18 Name: Richard Belhumeur
Location: Bath, NH

"Best contractor yet!"
Ben Roy from R&R installed a York coil and condenser just recently on my relatively new York furnace. He did an excellent job, on time and on budget. Prior to his installation, he did extensive research to choose the best equipment for my use. When finished, he presented me with all necessary manuals, warranties, and instruction pertaining to the new system. I would highly recommend R&R and York.

Date created: 2016-07-06 Name: J. Martin
Location: Texas

"Pure junk"
We bought our lake home in 2013. Our 5 ton York AC/Heat unit was inspected and at only 3 years old it passed in good shape. June 26, 2015 the fan motor went out. It was replaced. Now, July 6, 2016 we were informed we had to have another fan motor! The real kicker is that we are 10 days out of warranty! Do you think York would give us some type of discount? Hell no! Our tech said he had changed over 500 fan units in the past 2 years. This unit only runs about 10 days in a month. I will never buy nor recommend any York product. Pure junk.