Consumer Reviews of WEATHERKING central air conditioners

Read more about WEATHERKING central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-07-11 Name: Stephen Scott
Location: Southern New Jersey

"WeatherKing works well for me"
These reviews here are not really true-to-life I don't think. One man had a new WeatherKing outdoor unit installed and connected to his old dirty clogged indoor coil. This false-economy move on the owner or contractor's part doesn't seem a reasonable thing to condemn the new WeatherKing unit based on. I really think that 99% of people's problems are installation-based. Get a good contractor. I had an old Trane unit for my 2nd floor system, which had several compressor failures. After about six or seven years I gave up and the service guy suggested WeatherKing. I had a 3 ton 13 SEER system installed and it seems to work perfectly and even though outside my bedroom window seems much quieter than the Trane, which used to wake me up. My 1st floor unit is 24 years old and I am having that replaced with a WeatherKing system next week. I really came on here to help me ponder the value of going to 15 or 16 SEER instead of the basic 13 SEER. Which, historically speaking, is already a pretty high SEER rating. To me anyway. But - WeatherKing has been excellent for me. It looks identical to my neighbor's Rheem/Rudd unit and cost me less. It's so quiet that I'm going to buy my father a new WeatherKing heat pump system for his house for his birthday. He will be 90 in August and I never know what to get him. That will be a nice surprise for him I'm thinking.

Date created: 2008-06-15 Name: R. Weatherford
Location: AR

"3.5ton 13 seer"
Functions as good as my previous carrier unit for less than half the cost for same size unit. Most A/C failures on new installs is not the fault of the equipment, but wrong size choice of unit compared to square footage of home, and proper locations of thermostat and ductwork/venting.

Date created: 2008-03-23 Name: Steve Morgan
Location: Blue Springs, MO

It has leaked every year we have had it and no one seems to be able to fix it or care too

Date created: 2007-10-24 Name: L.Meinhold
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA

this is a post script to my previous review. I finally found a repairman who was honest and knew what he was doing. The WeatherKing compressor is fine. The company that installed it didn't make sure the coil was working well. Old coils can get clogged and need to be cleaned out. The coil also has to be compatible with the airconditioning unit. If the coil is not in good shape the compressor will not function well and will wear out fast. I had the coil cleaned out and doubled the air flow and lowered utility bill.

Date created: 2007-10-14 Name: L.Meinhold
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA

It had problems within 2 years and I had it repaired. Now after 4 years it has to be replaced. WEather King is a piece of junk. don't buy it.

Date created: 2007-08-12 Name: Joe
Location: Tuscaloosa AL

Brand new apartment, brand new everything including weather king central AC unit. Compressor broke within 1 week of move in. Replaced entire AC. Compressor broke again within 2 days, if that. Now sitting in 100+ degrees of Alabama heat with NO AC. Piece of junk. Apparently this is happening to neighbors as well in ALL NEW construction. DO NOT BUY WEATHERKING.

Date created: 2006-12-10 Name: b. smith
Location: pitts pa

great and reliable. lowered fuel bills. and keeps up very good

Date created: 2006-08-09 Years owned: 1

Piece of junk. Can not keep up. Run's continuously.