Consumer Reviews of WEATHERKING central air conditioners

Read more about WEATHERKING central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-10-31 Name: SSG Dykes M R.

"Hard to beat"
I am a tech type of guy. I have grown up in the plumbing, electrical and hvac world. I have worked for industries, military and thousands of residential homes. I installed a WeatherKing unit for a friend several years back and have been very pleased by it. The unit is similar to all designs but has a few extra options that you find in your top end brands. I have found out troughout the years that people at times don't pay attention what there doing or really even know and thus causing trouble at first of later down the road with a/c and heating units like all mechanical devices. I have worked on many different brands and have noticed that WeatherKing hasn't been one of them. With the correct installation and service it is a good unit for the money.

Date created: 2009-08-03 Name: M Canfield

"Weatherking A/C unit"
The a/c unit failed after 4 years, as did 5 of the units on our street put in by the same contractor. Went without a/c for over 6 weeks in the hot al summer. Never buy any product from this company-Service and warranty are useless

Date created: 2009-08-03 Name: S. Barron

"Review Weatherking"
In February 2004 I purchased a Weatherking a/C. It's a 1.5 ton, 10 seer unit. (10 seer was okay 5 years ago). Last year the ac Condenser Fan Motor was leaking oil & was replaced under warranty. I have it serviced & cleaned every summer. Itís been perfect & I have no complaints.

Date created: 2009-07-07 Name: J.SMITH

"Contractor"
I put a 3 ton unit in my brothers house in 2002, replacing a 13 year old condenser that saw its better days, I haven't had a single problem or repair from day 1. This was a change, I changed the filter dryer on the high side, pressure tested for leaks with nitrogen, put a good vacuum on the line set, weigh charged the freon, got my super heat with in range, checked the amp draw,pressures, temp across the in door coil, all with in the ranges, as specified, walla, no problems.I guess I was lucky.

Date created: 2009-06-25 Name: Randy

"Busted - 6 years"
Bought 5 ton 12 seer in 2003. Regularly maintained unit had 5 year warranty on compressor and worked fine until about last 6 months. Of course, 1 year out of warranty and crapped out. These ac manufacturers have it all figured out. Looking for a new one and not feeling very good about the ratings of any of them.

Date created: 2009-05-15 Name: Michael Ryan

"Weather king"
I have Two Two ton weather king units with horizontal gas furnaces. I installed them myself when my house was built in 1984 I have replaced the thermal couples on both units maybe twice each. one unit is under the house and ihad to change the tubing off the gas valve on this unit. Both of the condensing unit I have c/o the contactors once. I generally clean the evaporator coils every couple of years and I clean the condensing coils every year and oil the fan motors.I Have had to put freon in them once a year for the last couple of years. The upstairs unit is giving me trouble right now it is losing freon I checked it last week and it is down again when I get off work this afternoon I am going to check for leaks Hopefully it is the strator valve leaking on the high side service valve. If so maybe I can make it to the fall before I change them out I can not knock weatherking as these units have lasted along tome I am considering installing a package unit down stairs when I do have to change this one. It is in a tight space under house and I am not as slim as I was when I first installed this unit

Date created: 2009-04-27 Name: WEATHERKING

"Weather King 13pja48ao1"
Piece of Junk. I had a home built in Aug 2006 and the fan motor had to be replaced in Aug 2008. Now it is April 2009 and something else is wrong with the a/C.

Date created: 2009-04-21 Name: WEATHERKING

" ac & heat pro"
Its not the equipment thats a peice of junk its how its installed that matters their is certain way to install all ac equipment and true professional will do it right I use weatherking all the time and I never had a problem with them maybe the people your using is not installing them right and for new construction problem is that your ductwork and equipment are probily wrong ! try to get your builder to agree with that he will never tell you its the wrong size because hes liabile

Date created: 2009-04-14 Name: WEATHERKING

"Weatherking works great"
I truly believe that poor installation must be the problem with the bad reviews. My WeatherKing air coditioner works great. I have a great installer! My friend's Dad. I haven't had any problems at all. It runs very quietly and sits just outside my kitchen window. My house is perfectly cool and wonderful.

Date created: 2009-03-13 Name: Dennis Brown
Location: Lexington, SC

"Vey Disappointed in Weather King"
I live in a brand new home less than 2 years old now. The Weather King system was very loud and we were not impressed with the heating this winter. We noticed a sharp increase in our electric bill and the heater was running constantly. Found out the compressor was bad, all the freon was lost and one of the valves on the side had seperated. The compressor has a 5yr warranty, but additional parts and labor comes to more than $500.00.