Consumer Reviews of WEATHERKING central air conditioners

Read more about WEATHERKING central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-02-08 Name: ATM
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Not matched"
The Weatherking (seer 13, 3.5 ton) was installed in April 2009- but only the outdoor condenser unit. It was rather noisy, but seemed to work ok. Three years later in June 2012, the condenser fan burnt out. It was an $800 repair. On really hot summer days, the evaporating coil freezes up, so I must shut down the system for about 45 minutes. It's freezing up because my system is mismatched. The evap coil was made for the old seer 10 unit that the Weatherking replaced. The company that sold me the unit never bothered to tell me (or educate me) about having a fully matched system, so I can't say it is the fault of weatherking. I have to take blame in letting an unscrupulous hvac company do the work and being completely ignorant to hvac. Not no more!

Date created: 2013-08-16 Name: G. Bedore
Location: Casa Grande, AZ

"Weather king Garbage"
My house is 6 years old and of course the compressor in one of two 3 ton units has gone bad. In addition, a value on the system in the attic plugged and burnt the compressor up. I spent the $2000 to have the valve and compressor replaced and now some debris or something in the system is plugging the value and the system stops cooling. No big deal if you do not live in Casa Grande az like I do. iho, Weather King is garbage. Bummer.

Date created: 2013-06-30 Name: Tony
Location: CT

"Works Great!"
We bought a 3300 square feet, two-story home seven years ago and it had two WeatherKing units. They were far from new and I expected them to need replacement at any time. Seven years later they are still performing well.

Date created: 2012-07-22 Name: Bill McMachen
Location: Macomb Twp. Mich.

"Home owner"
Myself & my wife Rita have a 3.5 a/c unit in are house 2750 sq ft. Weatherking never a problem I would tell anybody yes buy one.

Date created: 2012-05-20 Name: Ray Hosler
Location: Tuttle, Oklahoma

"THE WORST AC UNIT I HAVE SEEN"
I had Al's Heating & Air from Tuttle,Ok install this unit in 2008 and they have been out multiple times and checked it because it will not cool my house very well. The Owner keeps telling me that it is because I live in a mobile home. I live in a Solitaire Home and the Coleman they replaced did a great job of cooling my house. When it heats up to about 90 outside the unit will run all day long, if you drop the temp at the thermostat a couple degrees when it is still cool in the morning it takes about an hour to change the temp inside and kick off. I have been very patient with this contractor and product but now I have been pushed to a breaking point. The contractor wont even return my call so it is time to share my experiance with as many people as possible. I do not like anything about this product. I would never recomend this product or Al's H&A.

Date created: 2012-02-13 Name: C Grant

"Don't buy one of these."
This Weatherking unit came with a new Lennar home. It has rarely worked correctly. Chas Roberts hvac company has been out to repair it so many times that I want to scream. If you purchase one of these units you are nuts.

Date created: 2012-01-29 Name: Bill M.
Location: Philadelphia

"23 years of great service"
My hvac contractor recommended a 3 ton Weatherking to replace my very low efficiency 18 year old Bryant as it was a 'universal' fit back in 1989. In all these years, the only problem was it twice needed a charge. And the sheet metal, which I kept waxed, has held up well. I keep the thermostat at a constant 75 during the summer (May-August) with the air handler fan always on. Now that I'm replacing the whole system, I can only say this has been one well made unit with an average cost of only $125 per month for a 1800 square feet home.

Date created: 2011-07-22 Name: Wayne Hartley
Location: Rochester Hills, MI

"Keeps on Going"
Just replaced a third compressor only capacitor. Machine has worked very well, except for the capacitors. Like changing brake pads on the car, normal wear and tear.g

Date created: 2011-07-21 Name: JC
Location: NY

"Mr."
Our Weatherking 3 ton unit has worked in terms of giving us our comfortable 72 degrees -- but it has required a charge of refrigerant every year for 5 years straight which cost us about $250 per visit here in New York. Now last week the compressor went. Under warranty (barely) but now need to pay another $250 for the refrigerant after compressor is swapped out. So $7k for system, and another $1,250 for refrigerant over 5 years. You do the math. When it works, it's great but other than changing filters and washing outside coils, not much more a homeowner can do on his/her own. I will likely never install central a/c again (in next homes). Wall/window units are cheaper to buy, install and use. (I know some of you don't agree with this but I have had window/wall units for 20 years and more in many cases without a single issue). For a few hundred bucks you throw it out and buy a new one more efficient and quieter than the last one. If it was the install, how come everyone on this forum hates Weatherking. Did we all use the same contractor? I don't think so. Weatherking = garbage. By the way, all of my family and friends with different brands and different contractors also have many problems/break downs with theirs. central a/c = garbage

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: L. Gski

" NOT HAPPY!!!"
We had this unit installed three weeks ago, this unit never worked properly since it was installed!! Compressor was bad. Weather King is junk. Do not buy.