Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-05-17 Name: D. Brice
Location: Texas

"Two trane units with serious problems"
Complete new system with two tranes(3.5 & 2.5) installed six years ago. We've had serious problems that affected cooling each year as summer came along... two or three of those after the technician came out for annual check-up. Coils, expansion valves, leaks and I'm guessing another coil. Now, r-22 has gone sky-high in price.

Date created: 2012-05-02 Name: Jenkins
Location: Mississippi

"Many good years..."
After 26 years it is now time to replace our Trane... after reading all these reviews on here I am at a complete loss of what brand to go with. Seems like every brand has bad reviews. They sure don't make them like they used to.

Date created: 2012-04-16 Name: bill crawley
Location: flintstone ga

"Service"
Have had problems with this thing every year and even bigger problems with get it fixed. Leaking freon has to be charged every year and of course there is a service call charge and cost of the freon. But leak never gets fixed. Service guy just left 10 days ago and here we sit with no air. My wife and I have just decided to find our own heating and air company to handle this unit and just forget about these so called Trane specialists. The warranty doesn't mean much if it's just going to keep sucking money out of us.

Date created: 2012-04-12 Name: Lou Car
Location: Quincy MA

"Just 3 Service calls in 33 years"
Never had yearly tuneups. Repairs made were minor. I now need to replace this unit but fear that they don't make them like they used to. This is a concern based on the reviews on this web site

Date created: 2012-03-26 Name: L waters
Location: Vacaville Ca

"It's not all in the brand"
I have owned a Trane 14 seer a/c for ten years and it works great that's not because it's a Trane it's because I installed it correctly. 90% of failures are because of bad installation. The Trane unit has the best out of box quality dollar for dollar that I have seen in the 30 years I've been a service tech. Heavy sturdy cabinet spine fin coil and tranes compressor is the best around. They are quiet and efficient.

Date created: 2012-03-20 Name: Sherry
Location: Covington, GA

"Piece of JUNK"
Have had this unit for 7 years and have had to spend over $2,000 on it. This is utterly ridiculous. Trane should be ashamed of themselves selling such shabby units. Our subdivision is only 7 years old and everyone in this subdivision has had to either get a new unit or put extensive money into the one they have, unbelievable!!

Date created: 2012-01-29 Name: Len K.
Location: coconut creek, Fla

"Leaking Drip Pan"
My mothers trane air conditioner coil pan is overflowing. The air handling unit is designed to be installed in the ceiling and access to the pan underneath the coil requires the removal of the coil just to clean it out. Service repair men are quoting $750 dollars to remove the coil, clean the pan, and then reinstall the coil. You would think Trane would have a fix for this access problem. If anyone has experienced this in the past please let me know. I understand this is a common problem and very costly to repair.

Date created: 2012-01-16 Name: Anthony Bennett
Location: Roseboro, North Carolina

"Sorry piece of junk"
I can honestly say this is one of the worst pieces of junk that we've ever, ever owned. Nothing stops a Trane, yeah right. We've been in our home for 8 years and this piece had shut down 10 times or more. Had the compressor changed twice already. Have had freon leaks, breakers failed and you name it. Now, compressor is gone again. They're telling me $1200.00 for a new one or $5,000 for a new unit. Our service records show tech people have been to my home 12 times in 8 years. Beware comsumers, "eave the trane on the tracks"and find something else

Date created: 2011-12-08 Name: Hottsoundz NOW
Location: Phoenix, Az

"Why is HEAT setting randomly blowing FRIGID air?"
Looks like I'm the only one who has a Trane Heating & Cooling system that decides to blows out crisp cold air, regardless of whether or not it's seat to heat! I tend to not like surprises with a heating cooling system; Whenever I set it to heat, sometimes it blows heat, then sometimes it will blow cold or at outside temperature! Tonight it's in the 30's! This means; Either I have to just turn it off, or stay up all night to make sure it consistently blows out heat before I wake up frozen! If it were summertime, I'd leave a more positive response, but I do not like cold air in the late fall and winter, especially when it's clearly set to heat! Of course, right now I'm somewhat unsatisfied. If only the summer air conditioning blew out air just as cold as the heat setting sometimes does in the winter! Yes, we rent the townhouse, but we purchased the actual Trane Air Conditioner for this unit!

Date created: 2011-12-06 Name: chris
Location: louisiana

"Nate certified technician"
Just want everyone to know, that 98% of all unit failures are due to systems not being installed properly, not just with trane, its with carrier, heil, goodman, etc. Been in the air business, for 28 years, and I have installed all brands and I haven't had a problem with trane or carrier, no major break downs at all, very , very few, it's all in how it's installed, did they purge the lines with nitrogen when they soldered, did they cover the txv when they soldered so not to damage the txv, if they didn't it will cause the txv to stay permanently closed and blow the compressor out, don't always point the finger at the machines.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>