Consumer Reviews of TRANE central air conditioners

Read more about TRANE central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-07-09 Name: Mike C.
Location: orlando, fl

"Nothing stops a Train. About anything stops a Trane"
Two words to describe the Trane brand: Total Crap 20 years ago Trane was the brand to beat, now its like dodge/crystler of the 80s... I've had my 'new' unit 2006 serviced 9 times and my inlaws have had their Trane fixed more than I have!

Date created: 2011-07-02 Name: Mike Fritz
Location: Louisville, KY

"I got run over by a Trane"
My less than 3 year old top of the line Trane air conditioner died. It froze solid. No freon. Unit was still under limited warranty. Trane refused to pay to replace freon lost because of a defect. I am out $257 and mad.

Date created: 2011-06-27 Name: Greg W.
Location: Jacksonville

"Trane TAM7A0C48H41SSA Air Handler"
Contractor brought in the newest TRAIN air handler and it leaks so much aircondition in my gargage the had to reseal inside with tape and took 2 guys to shut front cover. their answer is it that Train manufactured this piece of junk. Trane admits it does have problems, but no one wants to send a Trane inspector to my house. Now I have to deal with a contractor who does not want to replace this crappy unit. Stay away from Trane and head aches. I might add the new Heat Pump also started making noise while contractor was working on air handler and he come off ladder because of noise. Happened again the next morning and again trying to deal with contractor to get it replaced. Has made noise again, but being told to monitor it and let him know if it occurs again.

Date created: 2011-06-22 Name: Person X

"TRANE=CRAP"
Our unit is 6 yrs old (just past the warranty) and we have had numerous problems in the last few months. We have replaced the coil (1), the valves have been changed three times, and the unit has needed to be recharged multiple times, all out of pocket. Trane has not lived up to expectations, and their customer service sucks. Trane has blamed all of the problems on outside causes. We are considering hiring a consumer attorney. P.S. While this is all happening, it has been upwards of 90 degrees outside.

Date created: 2011-06-21 Name: S. Simmons
Location: Wilmington, NC

"Need replacement part VAL 9555"
Our under warranty Trane unit needs the coil replaced which is in stock but the expansion valve is on backorder. Currently there is a 3-week wait. If you agree to pay an additional $50 (allegedly for freight) you are placed on a waiting list. If not, you will wait 6 weeks for this part. I live in the South and this, in my opinion, is very poor planning on Trane's part. Our other unit, which is not a Trane, is over 22 years old. Luckily, it is still reliable but when the day arrives it needs to be replaced, it will definitely not be a Trane! I spoke with Trane Consumer Services and am presently waiting for a supervisor to return my call. DO NOT PURCHASE A TRANE UNIT!!!

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: E. Calonius
Location: Charleston, SC

"Dissatisfied with Trane"
We put in a variable speed Trane a/c about five years ago. Despite all our efforts, we cannot get it to work in sync with the thermostat: We set the thermostat to a certain temperature, but the unit doesn't cool to that temperature. We've tried putting in a new thermostat, etc. Also the company that installed the unit (ARS) screwed up several times in the installation. At one point they installed the blower in upside down. It forced air into the intake ducts and blew dust all over the house!

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: Chuck R.

"5 Ton XR15"
5 ton system came new with the house in 1990. The ac has to do heavy duty here in North Carolina. System is 10 tears old without a problem. Got our money's worth big time.

Date created: 2011-06-17 Name: Christine
Location: San Jose, CA

"Service like no other"
Bought a Trane 8 eight years ago. After three years the compressor went. Was very upset, but the service company and Trane covered the replacement at no charge. Even labor and recharging. That's the only issue I've ever had in eight years and it was handled professionally and with no hassle.

Date created: 2011-06-17 Name: Chris
Location: AZ

"Nothing stops my Trane"
Eight yeats - hail storms, 100+ temps for weeks straight, kids leaving the doors open, etc...its just keeps running like its brand new. Very happy. Its beyond me how people have issiue with this product, unless they hit the bad karma lottery.

Date created: 2011-06-17 Name: Nate

"Greta Product"
No problems, does what it says it will do. Quality and performance is top rate.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>