Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-05-30 Name: Julia Roebuck
Location: Verona, Ms.

"Cooling/Gas Heating Packaged Unit"
I bought this unit on 8-23-10 and it worked properly until last summer (2012). In that time there was a loud sound any time the compressor started in the unit which carried inside the house by the venting. The company which installed the unit has come out several times, but have never found what is causing the problem. Do you have any idea why this happened? The noise through the venting system is very disturbing.

Date created: 2013-04-19 Name: V Wagner
Location: Tampa

""warranty" on parts if you can wait 30 days"
Obviously no one is going to do that. Warranty is a scam! Got a leak in my condenser coil which is "under warranty”. They asked if I could wait for 30 days or buy a new unit. Buying a Carrier.

Date created: 2013-03-27 Name: randy
Location: texas

They say a Trane is hard to stop,maybe but if it stops it is hard and very expensive to get it going again if they can get it going. we bought a new house November 2008,downstairs unit went out September 2012,waited for taxes to come back to get it fixed,service company said it was fan motor,to fix $950.00. OK fix it, Feb 2013 they order parts,maybe 30 days to get parts, 30 days later no parts. No service and cant get any answers from factory so I call factory,lady said she pass on info to rep,he would contact me within 48 hours, no contact,it is only a 8 year old unit and they cant get parts. Trane is a very sorry company,

Date created: 2013-03-18 Name: Rob
Location: clermont fl.

"Two tons high efficiency."
Installation in 1994 . Ran great since with just two recharges in the last 2 years. For 19 years not bad.

Date created: 2013-01-29 Name: Zara King
Location: Mesa,AZ

"S.E. Arizona"
I purchased a Trane AC with heating less than two years ago. We have had a cold spell for the last two weeks and have needed to have our heat on. During the summer months, I use a swamp cooler. This morning I had nothing but cold air blowing out. I called the people I bought it from and they did come right over. 4 hours later they had it all working again and presented me with a bill for $918.18. I was about to fell off my chair. He told me the parts that had gone bad normally would be good for 5 years or so. This was my cost for troubleshooting and labor on something not much used and still under warranty. Yes, I am sick about it.

Date created: 2013-01-29 Name: Glen
Location: Yuma,Az

"Top notch"
There isn`t a central a/c brand out there that doesn't have a bad review. $10,000 goes to some one that can show me one. A lot depends on the contractor. This unit does the job. It's 119 in the summer in AZ. In 2007 they sold out to Ingersol Rand. Has to be serviced twice year for free. It's a crap shoot on any product or brand. We had them all replaced in the past year. TV-washer-refrigerator-toilet. The digital thermostat is good. Had it replaced though. Two compressors are energy efficient.

Date created: 2012-11-26 Name: J Wood
Location: TX

"Trane is the same"
I worked at Trane for awhile and can tell you they were the best at one time. Then they went public and started making changes to reduce cost of manufacturing but go up in price. But today's Trane product is no better that any other product. They use Copeland scroll compressor's (they say it's an Alliance) but 51% of that company is owned by Copeland and is the same compressor as a Copeland. They were bought by Ingersol Rand in 2008 and they have even cheapened it more because they got screwed when they bought it. My suggestion is to buy any brand and have it installed by someone that has a proven track record in installing and service.

Date created: 2012-10-15 Name: George Irvin
Location: Danbury,Texas

"4 Ton Trane Central Air Unit"
Before one year of age, Blower Motor bad & replaced. Evaporator coil leaked and was replaced. Compressor shut down was very loud, had sound reducer jacket put on it. Obviously poor quality control by Trane, and not a good testimony. Not the reliability I anticipated when purchasing what I thought was the Cadillac of the ac industry. Now I am thinking I made a big big mistake and may have to abandon it prematurely. not sure on model number. It is a 4 ton central unit. 4ttm3048a1000aa 4tec3f48b1000aaa

Date created: 2012-10-09 Name: Jullius Cicchini
Location: Dunedin Florida 34698

"Owner of unit were it was installed"
I replaced it with a trane unit, but I need to tell everyone I read great reviews but, my trane is running in reverse, not a "happy" customer. Installed in September and already I had 4 service calls, now it is in need of a compressor. They certainly don't appreciate the business, It will take 6-10 days to get a replacement part???? Pay now and, get taken advantage of. Now they are looking for me to sign a service contract---what happen to the warranty? That was supposed to come with the new unit, I called on Saturday for service and was told it would cost $160,00 to come and check it out???? Now that is being taken advantage of??

Date created: 2012-09-06 Name: Dinty Monroe
Location: The Villages, FL

"SUCKS!"
Here I sit on Thursday with my breathing problems ... in The Villages Florida with the daily temp at 95 degrees and with high humidity ..and holding on to my $800.00 Trane extended warranty and my recent July ("all's fine checkup")@$200.00 And .... I have had no a/c since Monday and can only hope that I will have it sometime next week. What a sucker I have been to have: a Trane Product; an extended 10 year warranty; and an established contractor who 'will not stock parts the common needed for repair.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>