Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-07-09 Name: Peggy Coffaro
Location: Merritt Island, FL

"Buy another brand"
Purchased this Trane unit six years ago for an addition of about 700 sq. ft. and every other year something has broken and now it is broke again. We are going to replace it. We had a Intertherm for 18 years for a 1500 sq.ft. house with little or no problems. Very unsatisfied with this unit.

Date created: 2012-07-05 Name: C.A. Stone
Location: Topeka, Kansas

"Yes, you CAN stop a TRANE"
Purchased a trane AC/furnace about 7 years ago. As soon as the 5 year warranty was almost up, it needed a repair that cost around $500. Now just 2 years later, the inside coil is leaking and that will cost us $1000.00. We have this unit serviced every year. I feel trane does not stand behind their product, it is poorly manufactured and that their advertising is false..they advertise a product that is indestructible. I would not buy from trane again and would definitely not recommend trane to anyone. We are retired and thought this would carry us through for many years since the unit it basically new. The York unit they took out was still running, 40 years old and had never seen a repair or service person. Go figure!

Date created: 2012-06-30 Name: S.

"BAD PRODUCT & SERVICE"
We purchased a 2 ton Trane XL14c in August of 2009. Every year since, it shuts down when it's very cold or very hot outside. We are having high 90 degree weather (heat index over 100) with no end in sight and this piece of junk goes out again. Our local distributor has been rude to us so many times in the past but this time it takes the cake. It went down four days ago and they informed us the part would take 7-10 days to get here! In the meantime they brought is a 10,000 btu portable unit to use. It only slightly cools 1 room of 6. I have a very bad heart and cough, my wife is not in good health and our little dog has heart problems also...THIS Is not ACCEPTABLE! We even paid cash for the piece of junk! I will never buy another trane!!!

Date created: 2012-06-25 Name: B Kay
Location: Edinburg, tX

"Trane doesn't live up to its name"
We moved into our facility in April of 2011. Now in June 2012, after many many service calls, our units are no longer under warranty and of course have leaks that need $2800 worth of repairs!! Honestly, you would think that an expensive air conditioner would last a lot longer. I would never, never recommend this product.

Date created: 2012-06-13 Name: Richard
Location: Stow, Ohio

"Trane not what it was supposed to be and does not work as guaranteed"
I just replaced my central a/c with a Trane. What a mistake. I wanted a scroll compressor, so specifically asked the salesman if the unit used a scroll compressor. He said it did. I did not want a piston compressor because they have a high pitched whine that starts my ears ringing. You can't find compressor type info at Trane because they don't want to tell you; confusion is their friend in making sales. As it turned out the compressor isn't a scroll. Never mind that for now. The local dealer provides a guarantee that any system they sell you will maintain your house at 75f on a 90f day. Well, I was able to maintain 79f at 90f outside and even in the high 80's and since it was set at 75, the A/c never shut off. I have now filed complaints with them and they will be coming out to look at things. I want my money back.

Date created: 2012-06-12 Name: Frances Shea
Location: Covington. :A

"Not your Mammas Trane"
I had always heard Trane ran like a Train, reliable and long running. I replaced a very old Trane with a new one about 5 years ago. At 5 years, 3 months, with very responsible and careful use, the condenser is going out. I have had it repaired twice since January at a cost of about 600$. My repairman says that Trane does not have reliable quality like it did back in the day. He recommends replacing it with a Carrier. I am disappointed to say the least.

Date created: 2012-06-08 Name: Roberta Horn
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

"Your a/c junk"
I purchased a home a/c back in Dec.2006. It has been a nightmare. I live in Florida and when it goes out the house temperature goes up to 85 degrees. First it was the fan. Then over a year ago it was working on and off. The company who service my appliances said they could not come out if it was working. a few weeks later it went out again. a man came and said there was a clog. I have had yearly service on this a/C. The water was clean when he flushed it out. a few weeks later it went out again. This time they told me to change the batteries which I did. It went out again and this time the thermostat was changed and 2 parts in the outside unit had to be replaced. This man told me he was an a/c expert. Now it went out again. Again I was told if the man comes there would be a charge. I said send the man. Well to make a long story short it turned out it was the compressor. To add the icing on the cake the part was covered by the warranty but the labor was not. The charge was $300. When it started working the technician noticed the condenser wasn't working right so now that has to be replaced. what a piece of junk. I told the man from the service company that they sold me a lemon.

Date created: 2012-05-31 Name: m smith
Location: Rye, NY

"Trane Wreck"
I completely overhauled my central ac system in 2008. The service company I chose had been established for nearly 40 years and is an exclusive Trane dealer. Two years later the coil went bad which they replaced for $600. Since then, it's failed to properly cool my modest 2500 sq ft home which I probably only run the ac for 3-4 months out of the year. The latest issue is that there's a leak somewhere. They've put 10 pounds of refrigerant in the last week with the dye to find out where it's coming from. They warned me that the labor (which was not covered under warranty) can run me close to $1k...that's on a $10k system that I installed less than 4 years ago. They are just as frustrated as I am and says they're done with Trane products too. The company tells me they are backlogged fixing relatively new units and can't even begin new installs and it's all due to Trane putting inferior quality products out on the market. I will never buy another Trane product as long as I live.

Date created: 2012-05-17 Name: D. Brice
Location: Texas

"Two trane units with serious problems"
Complete new system with two tranes(3.5 & 2.5) installed six years ago. We've had serious problems that affected cooling each year as summer came along... two or three of those after the technician came out for annual check-up. Coils, expansion valves, leaks and I'm guessing another coil. Now, r-22 has gone sky-high in price.

Date created: 2012-05-02 Name: Jenkins
Location: Mississippi

"Many good years..."
After 26 years it is now time to replace our Trane... after reading all these reviews on here I am at a complete loss of what brand to go with. Seems like every brand has bad reviews. They sure don't make them like they used to.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>