Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-10-03 Name: Elizabeth Ferrara
Location: Ocala, FL

"Don't Believe the False Advertising"
Purchased unit in 2003 and every two years, a major problem in spite of our keeping up with regular seasonal maintenance and tune-ups as recommended by Trane. Thank God we also had an extended warranty which covered the very expensive costs, but left us without A/C three times and without heat twice in the winter while we waited for parts. The evaporator had to be totally replaced in 2009 and again in 2011 due to its leaking refrigerant. Now that the warranty is expired, we just paid $300 out of pocket for a seized condenser fan motor and our service man advised us we should be looking to get a new unit. I sent an email to customer service twice, before anyone responded and then they asked me to call them. When I called, Customer Service Rep. Ms. Ebony, basically said "sorry Charlie, we have no control of how long your system will operate correctly". My neighbors have Carrier systems purchased around the same time as mine and other than worn out belts needing to be replaced, neither one has had the amount of issues we have had. Their claims of reliability and quality products is just false advertising. Learn from our experience, do not buy a Trane product.

Date created: 2013-08-24 Name: C. Hamilton
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Can You Say Class Action Suit?"
I want to add my 2 cents to the poor reviews below. We were sold a heat pump and compressor for $5400 that completely broke down within 18 months. Why? Because the coil was incompatible with the EPA gas that replaced freon. If the EPA requires a certain environmentally correct refrigerant, why would Trane sell a unit that doesn't meet that standard? This is a product defect. Trane is very good at blowing off it's customers. Try emailing, calling, chatting. Just try. This repair cost $300.

Date created: 2013-08-18 Name: Andrea Elliott
Location: Richmond, Texas

"Trane Uses Wrong Parts For Equipment"
In 2011, a new slab coil was installed in my older R-22 unit with a TXV valve for R-410. This incorrect valve was not discovered until it had been on my unit for over two years and numerous problems. Trane Ingersoll Rand Management stated it could do no damage to my unit and would not back it up.

Date created: 2013-08-12 Name: yo moma

"Worst Central AC Ever"
Trane company is too expensive and their equipment is shitty. My central AC is only 6 years old and only used during the summer in 70 degrees and never moves. The winter is turned off and we used wood burning stove for free heat. At 6 years old, we have now had to put 2600 dollars in replacement parts, after deals, and discounts. Worst AC ever.

Date created: 2013-07-21 Name: nrc
Location: South florida

"3 Ton Trane for Condo"
Installed in 10/2008, spent lots of money on repair including acid washing the coils for $350-. Keeps leaking and original cost was over $4400-. Right now it is leaking again (7/21/13) and it is hot in Florida! I am mailing a letter to Trane tomorrow Re: inferior products and misrepresentation of advertising.

Date created: 2013-07-19 Name: June Clarke
Location: Mechanicsville, Va

"Trane AC"
When running the noise inside the house is like an airplane. Very annoying when trying to sleep. Trane says, "That's the way it is".

Date created: 2013-07-17 Name: Mark
Location: Annapolis,MD

"Trane Stinks"
We had a Trane installed in the summer of 2005 and in that eight years, it has been nothing but trouble. Every time we get any kind of heat, the AC stops working. There has been a variety of different issues but I will never recommend a Trane to anyone. As a matter of fact, I am filing a complaint with the BBB in our state about their horrible product and service.

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: Ed and Jody
Location: yuma az

"As Professional as it Gets"
First, we live in Arizona which means we have extreme heat. I retired after twenty five years as a licensed contractor and have never experienced the level of service and professionalism as we did with Comstock Air. My home was pristine when they left. After they were paid, they noticed a water downspout. They didn't like it was from our old system. Redoing, no cost. We didn't even know it was insufficient. We will never use anyone else. Our neighbor had the same type of experiences when they installed their unit. Told thumbs up to Comstock.

Date created: 2013-05-31 Name: Dave
Location: Staten Island, NY

"Be Prepared to Shell Out Lots of $$ and Wait a Long Time"
I've had my combo AC/heating unit for about 10 years. Blower just stopped working. Estimate to fix $984.00. Estimate to get the part, unknown. 5 days and counting in 90+ degrees heat. And this is only the tech's best guess. Not even sure it's the real problem. Stay away, Carrier all the way....

Date created: 2013-05-31 Name: STEVE
Location: arizona

"The Chart on the First Page Says it All"
I have spent hundreds of dollars on my units in the past 5 years and they were new then. Warranty is worthless. Company is unresponsive. Do not buy this product.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>