Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-10-15 Name: George Irvin
Location: Danbury,Texas

"4 Ton Trane Central Air Unit"
Before one year of age, Blower Motor bad & replaced. Evaporator coil leaked and was replaced. Compressor shut down was very loud, had sound reducer jacket put on it. Obviously poor quality control by Trane, and not a good testimony. Not the reliability I anticipated when purchasing what I thought was the Cadillac of the ac industry. Now I am thinking I made a big big mistake and may have to abandon it prematurely. not sure on model number. It is a 4 ton central unit. 4ttm3048a1000aa 4tec3f48b1000aaa

Date created: 2012-10-09 Name: Jullius Cicchini
Location: Dunedin Florida 34698

"Owner of unit were it was installed"
I replaced it with a trane unit, but I need to tell everyone I read great reviews but, my trane is running in reverse, not a "happy" customer. Installed in September and already I had 4 service calls, now it is in need of a compressor. They certainly don't appreciate the business, It will take 6-10 days to get a replacement part???? Pay now and, get taken advantage of. Now they are looking for me to sign a service contract---what happen to the warranty? That was supposed to come with the new unit, I called on Saturday for service and was told it would cost $160,00 to come and check it out???? Now that is being taken advantage of??

Date created: 2012-09-06 Name: Dinty Monroe
Location: The Villages, FL

"SUCKS!"
Here I sit on Thursday with my breathing problems ... in The Villages Florida with the daily temp at 95 degrees and with high humidity ..and holding on to my $800.00 Trane extended warranty and my recent July ("all's fine checkup")@$200.00 And .... I have had no a/c since Monday and can only hope that I will have it sometime next week. What a sucker I have been to have: a Trane Product; an extended 10 year warranty; and an established contractor who 'will not stock parts the common needed for repair.

Date created: 2012-08-28 Name: Rita Brow
Location: Longwood, FL

"Trane xl 16 with heat pump"
I purchased the top of the line Trane xl 16 with heat pump two years ago from People Air out of Apopka Florida. I was sold this unit as the best one you could buy. It has not cooled satisfactorily since the day it was installed. (fyi I also bought 2 additional units for the other side of my house too). I finally after several return calls was forced to pay $1,400 to replace the original evaporator coil which just so happen to go bad 1 year after purchased. I was told they were replacing them with aluminum coils which would give a much longer life span. Today the aluminum coils are leaking and froze up. I am now paying another $1000 to replace the evaporated coil and txv. This unit is 2 years old and I have spent $2,500 on it to repair it. There should be some warranty for this... to find out that Rubin did receive $450 warranty check from the company thus actually was paid $1450 for the work. I would never recommend a trane unit and definitely not use People Air from Apopka Florida. I have 3 trane hvac systems of them in my 7300 sf house and all less than 3 years old and constantly having issues.

Date created: 2012-08-14 Name: Dave Pave
Location: Dallas area

"4 Good Trane Systems"
I've had owned 2 houses over the past 20 years that have had Trane systems. The first had 2 Trane heat pumps that were still going after 17 years. The only thing I had to do in the 13 years I was in that house was replace the starter caps a few times. I finally replaced the systems with American Standard systems just because they were starting to struggle to keep the house cool. The second house with Trane systems has been good too. It has 2 Trane ac and gas furnace systems (xe1200) that are 14 years old, and I'm now replacing one system due to freon leaks in the evaporator and condenser coils. This one system has already had the evaporator coil replace once though, in 2003. The other system is still going strong.

Date created: 2012-08-14 Name: M K
Location: Smithton, IL

"XL 1200 High Efficiency- Lemon"
My home was built in 2000 and the xl 1200 High Effiency Air Cond was put in. Have replaced 2 motors not counting the one that was in it and now it appears a bearing is going out in the most recent motor. What the ???? I know people who have had their air conditioners for 20 yrs and never a new motor. 4 in 12 years? This is a lemon and I say "it's not hard to stop a Trane'. I'm very irritated!

Date created: 2012-08-07 Name: Cindy Clark
Location: Fort Pierce, FL

"Trane is the Worst"
We have Model #twe036c14fb0, purchased 01/2004 and had to replace the interior coil 5 times. This is the worst a/c we have every owned and would never purchase another one. Trane will not cover this and after reading other reviews it seems everyone has had this same problem. Maybe we should all get together and write a petition to Trane for installing parts that continue to break. Very Unsatisfied and do not recommend this a/c to anyone ever!!!!!! Please save your money and purchase a different a/c not a trane.

Date created: 2012-08-01 Name: R. Strouse
Location: South Carolina

"Coil Leak @ Less Than 3 Years"
Am so disappointed in Trane quality. New system has a coil leak after less than 3 years. $1,200 repair bill totally out of my pocket. I chose Trane brand because I believed the high quality reputation. I sure wish I'd read reviews on this site before. I now believe that perceived Trane quality is no longer supported by current-day Trane hardware.

Date created: 2012-07-23 Name: Dale Heller
Location: Nashville, TN

"Trane is Really Junk"
Like other writing these reviews, I was optimistic when I purchased the top of the line Trane unit just 4 1/2 years ago. I cannot tell you enough how disappointed I am in the reliability and serviceability of this unit. After slightly over 4 years, I have no fewer than 6 service calls. The most recent this weekend, when the service tech advised me that the expansion valve (a new type) is shot and will have to be replaced. He suggested the condenser should be replaced also, since they are known to fail regularly. The expansion valve - over $1,000 alone. This is a ridiculous price for an expansion valve, even the techs say so. This repair along (not counting the previous ones) will likely put me over midway to replacement costs - after 4 1/2 years. Needless to say, if someone recommends a Trane unit, run from them. Trane has reached a new low in quality and serviceability of their home units. Pay a premium like I did, if you wish. The landfill will appreciate your contribution in just a few short years.

Date created: 2012-07-22 Name: John R
Location: Maumee, OH

"New A/C - No Air for 8 days and counting"
We installed a new Trane hvac system in 2010. This summer our a/c broke during one of the hottest weeks on record. The service team came out to fix it under warranty. They needed to order a blower motor. It was going to cost me $50 to overnight the part. Since the team did not arrive until 4:30pm on Monday, the part could not actually be overnighted, it arrived on Wed afternoon. The team arrived again to try to install it even though they were not sent the brackets that were need to install it correctly. The blower could not be attached. After a week without a/c I am still waiting for brackets. I don't knwo where trane gets these brackets, but they need to learn how touse overnight. a 2 year old a/c system should not be out for 8 days and counting.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>