Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-03-18 Name: Rob
Location: clermont fl.

"Two tons high efficiency."
Installation in 1994 . Ran great since with just two recharges in the last 2 years. For 19 years not bad.

Date created: 2013-01-29 Name: Zara King
Location: Mesa,AZ

"S.E. Arizona"
I purchased a Trane AC with heating less than two years ago. We have had a cold spell for the last two weeks and have needed to have our heat on. During the summer months, I use a swamp cooler. This morning I had nothing but cold air blowing out. I called the people I bought it from and they did come right over. 4 hours later they had it all working again and presented me with a bill for $918.18. I was about to fell off my chair. He told me the parts that had gone bad normally would be good for 5 years or so. This was my cost for troubleshooting and labor on something not much used and still under warranty. Yes, I am sick about it.

Date created: 2013-01-29 Name: Glen
Location: Yuma,Az

"Top notch"
There isn`t a central a/c brand out there that doesn't have a bad review. $10,000 goes to some one that can show me one. A lot depends on the contractor. This unit does the job. It's 119 in the summer in AZ. In 2007 they sold out to Ingersol Rand. Has to be serviced twice year for free. It's a crap shoot on any product or brand. We had them all replaced in the past year. TV-washer-refrigerator-toilet. The digital thermostat is good. Had it replaced though. Two compressors are energy efficient.

Date created: 2012-11-26 Name: J Wood
Location: TX

"Trane is the same"
I worked at Trane for awhile and can tell you they were the best at one time. Then they went public and started making changes to reduce cost of manufacturing but go up in price. But today's Trane product is no better that any other product. They use Copeland scroll compressor's (they say it's an Alliance) but 51% of that company is owned by Copeland and is the same compressor as a Copeland. They were bought by Ingersol Rand in 2008 and they have even cheapened it more because they got screwed when they bought it. My suggestion is to buy any brand and have it installed by someone that has a proven track record in installing and service.

Date created: 2012-10-15 Name: George Irvin
Location: Danbury,Texas

"4 Ton Trane Central Air Unit"
Before one year of age, Blower Motor bad & replaced. Evaporator coil leaked and was replaced. Compressor shut down was very loud, had sound reducer jacket put on it. Obviously poor quality control by Trane, and not a good testimony. Not the reliability I anticipated when purchasing what I thought was the Cadillac of the ac industry. Now I am thinking I made a big big mistake and may have to abandon it prematurely. not sure on model number. It is a 4 ton central unit. 4ttm3048a1000aa 4tec3f48b1000aaa

Date created: 2012-10-09 Name: Jullius Cicchini
Location: Dunedin Florida 34698

"Owner of unit were it was installed"
I replaced it with a trane unit, but I need to tell everyone I read great reviews but, my trane is running in reverse, not a "happy" customer. Installed in September and already I had 4 service calls, now it is in need of a compressor. They certainly don't appreciate the business, It will take 6-10 days to get a replacement part???? Pay now and, get taken advantage of. Now they are looking for me to sign a service contract---what happen to the warranty? That was supposed to come with the new unit, I called on Saturday for service and was told it would cost $160,00 to come and check it out???? Now that is being taken advantage of??

Date created: 2012-09-06 Name: Dinty Monroe
Location: The Villages, FL

"SUCKS!"
Here I sit on Thursday with my breathing problems ... in The Villages Florida with the daily temp at 95 degrees and with high humidity ..and holding on to my $800.00 Trane extended warranty and my recent July ("all's fine checkup")@$200.00 And .... I have had no a/c since Monday and can only hope that I will have it sometime next week. What a sucker I have been to have: a Trane Product; an extended 10 year warranty; and an established contractor who 'will not stock parts the common needed for repair.

Date created: 2012-08-28 Name: Rita Brow
Location: Longwood, FL

"Trane xl 16 with heat pump"
I purchased the top of the line Trane xl 16 with heat pump two years ago from People Air out of Apopka Florida. I was sold this unit as the best one you could buy. It has not cooled satisfactorily since the day it was installed. (fyi I also bought 2 additional units for the other side of my house too). I finally after several return calls was forced to pay $1,400 to replace the original evaporator coil which just so happen to go bad 1 year after purchased. I was told they were replacing them with aluminum coils which would give a much longer life span. Today the aluminum coils are leaking and froze up. I am now paying another $1000 to replace the evaporated coil and txv. This unit is 2 years old and I have spent $2,500 on it to repair it. There should be some warranty for this... to find out that Rubin did receive $450 warranty check from the company thus actually was paid $1450 for the work. I would never recommend a trane unit and definitely not use People Air from Apopka Florida. I have 3 trane hvac systems of them in my 7300 sf house and all less than 3 years old and constantly having issues.

Date created: 2012-08-14 Name: Dave Pave
Location: Dallas area

"4 Good Trane Systems"
I've had owned 2 houses over the past 20 years that have had Trane systems. The first had 2 Trane heat pumps that were still going after 17 years. The only thing I had to do in the 13 years I was in that house was replace the starter caps a few times. I finally replaced the systems with American Standard systems just because they were starting to struggle to keep the house cool. The second house with Trane systems has been good too. It has 2 Trane ac and gas furnace systems (xe1200) that are 14 years old, and I'm now replacing one system due to freon leaks in the evaporator and condenser coils. This one system has already had the evaporator coil replace once though, in 2003. The other system is still going strong.

Date created: 2012-08-14 Name: M K
Location: Smithton, IL

"XL 1200 High Efficiency- Lemon"
My home was built in 2000 and the xl 1200 High Effiency Air Cond was put in. Have replaced 2 motors not counting the one that was in it and now it appears a bearing is going out in the most recent motor. What the ???? I know people who have had their air conditioners for 20 yrs and never a new motor. 4 in 12 years? This is a lemon and I say "it's not hard to stop a Trane'. I'm very irritated!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>