Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-07-19 Name: June Clarke
Location: Mechanicsville, Va

"Trane AC"
When running the noise inside the house is like an airplane. Very annoying when trying to sleep. Trane says, "That's the way it is".

Date created: 2013-07-17 Name: Mark
Location: Annapolis,MD

"Trane Stinks"
We had a Trane installed in the summer of 2005 and in that eight years, it has been nothing but trouble. Every time we get any kind of heat, the AC stops working. There has been a variety of different issues but I will never recommend a Trane to anyone. As a matter of fact, I am filing a complaint with the BBB in our state about their horrible product and service.

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: Ed and Jody
Location: yuma az

"As Professional as it Gets"
First, we live in Arizona which means we have extreme heat. I retired after twenty five years as a licensed contractor and have never experienced the level of service and professionalism as we did with Comstock Air. My home was pristine when they left. After they were paid, they noticed a water downspout. They didn't like it was from our old system. Redoing, no cost. We didn't even know it was insufficient. We will never use anyone else. Our neighbor had the same type of experiences when they installed their unit. Told thumbs up to Comstock.

Date created: 2013-05-31 Name: Dave
Location: Staten Island, NY

"Be Prepared to Shell Out Lots of $$ and Wait a Long Time"
I've had my combo AC/heating unit for about 10 years. Blower just stopped working. Estimate to fix $984.00. Estimate to get the part, unknown. 5 days and counting in 90+ degrees heat. And this is only the tech's best guess. Not even sure it's the real problem. Stay away, Carrier all the way....

Date created: 2013-05-31 Name: STEVE
Location: arizona

"The Chart on the First Page Says it All"
I have spent hundreds of dollars on my units in the past 5 years and they were new then. Warranty is worthless. Company is unresponsive. Do not buy this product.

Date created: 2013-05-30 Name: Julia Roebuck
Location: Verona, Ms.

"Cooling/Gas Heating Packaged Unit"
I bought this unit on 8-23-10 and it worked properly until last summer (2012). In that time there was a loud sound any time the compressor started in the unit which carried inside the house by the venting. The company which installed the unit has come out several times, but have never found what is causing the problem. Do you have any idea why this happened? The noise through the venting system is very disturbing.

Date created: 2013-04-19 Name: V Wagner
Location: Tampa

""warranty" on parts if you can wait 30 days"
Obviously no one is going to do that. Warranty is a scam! Got a leak in my condenser coil which is "under warranty”. They asked if I could wait for 30 days or buy a new unit. Buying a Carrier.

Date created: 2013-03-27 Name: randy
Location: texas

They say a Trane is hard to stop,maybe but if it stops it is hard and very expensive to get it going again if they can get it going. we bought a new house November 2008,downstairs unit went out September 2012,waited for taxes to come back to get it fixed,service company said it was fan motor,to fix $950.00. OK fix it, Feb 2013 they order parts,maybe 30 days to get parts, 30 days later no parts. No service and cant get any answers from factory so I call factory,lady said she pass on info to rep,he would contact me within 48 hours, no contact,it is only a 8 year old unit and they cant get parts. Trane is a very sorry company,

Date created: 2013-03-18 Name: Rob
Location: clermont fl.

"Two tons high efficiency."
Installation in 1994 . Ran great since with just two recharges in the last 2 years. For 19 years not bad.

Date created: 2013-01-29 Name: Zara King
Location: Mesa,AZ

"S.E. Arizona"
I purchased a Trane AC with heating less than two years ago. We have had a cold spell for the last two weeks and have needed to have our heat on. During the summer months, I use a swamp cooler. This morning I had nothing but cold air blowing out. I called the people I bought it from and they did come right over. 4 hours later they had it all working again and presented me with a bill for $918.18. I was about to fell off my chair. He told me the parts that had gone bad normally would be good for 5 years or so. This was my cost for troubleshooting and labor on something not much used and still under warranty. Yes, I am sick about it.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>