Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-08-05 Name: R. Smith
Location: Saucier, MS

"Pissed Off"
Unit was installed on my newly built home and I've had problems every month. I've been in the home for 18 months and have had repairmen work on two units 5 times. Now I have a valve bad and they want to charge $700 for labor. During very hot days or cold days that is when the units malfunctions. The customer service has been nil. I wouldn't buy another Trane and as soon as I can I will replace all three units in my home so that I can really save money.

Date created: 2014-07-26 Name: jim snook
Location: South Port N.C.

"Piss poor customer service!!"
I have two trane units in my house in Southport NC. They are 9 years old. I have had them serviced every year. Recently not one but both units start leaking Freon. Every couple of months I have a problem and they need more Freon at 3 to 5 hundred dollars per service call. I discussed my options with my service contractor and he basically told me they were finished and not worth trying to fix. I called and e-mailed Trane and all they would do is send me an e-mail that my coils were out of warranted .That's just great 9 years and they are junk!!! I don't think this is a quality product and they are having a lot of issued with oxidation from using copper and aluminum. They don't work well together! I would definitely not recommend Trane. Their customer service is nonexistent!

Date created: 2014-06-24 Name: S. Doucette
Location: Wellington, FL

"Trane 4 Ton 712009"
April, 2009 we replaced our underperforming air conditioner with the Trane model described above. In the first year, the installing company was here 5 times in response to the failing unit. Since then, we lost all confidence in the installing company and over the next 4 years have had 4 different companies try to get this unit to perform. Today, the most recent company tells me I have a burned out motor fan that has to be replaced. This is by far the worst investment we have ever made.

Date created: 2014-06-19 Name: Jon Adams
Location: Deerfield Beach, Fl

"Trane Air Conditioners"
We bought this unit approximately 6 years ago and paid $7000.00 for the system. A year ago it stopped cooling and we paid the dealer to put Freon in the system at a cost of $400.00. Then this past Februrary the unit stopped coolin and we had the coil replaced for $1000.00. The unit stopped cooling last month and they said the inside coil had to be replaced $650.00. I could have bought three Rheem systems for what I have spent on this Trane unit. I would never recommend Trane

Date created: 2013-11-29 Name: R. Horn
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

"Trane Stinks"
I had a Trane A/C put in 7 years ago. It was nothing but trouble. Everything went bad including the compressor, condenser, large fan which they told me was bent (had no idea how that happened). I think every part in that outside unit was replaced. Last week, I walked into a hot house. The temperature in the house was 83 degrees. I immediately called for service. The part that starts the compressor blew and had to be replaced. Today, I had the man come for its year tuneup. Your products stinks. Now, the coil is leaking and they want over $1000 to replace it. No way. I'm getting rid of it. I had enough of your inferior product. How dare you sell a lemon. This is the worst A/C. People, do not buy a Trane.

Date created: 2013-10-03 Name: Elizabeth Ferrara
Location: Ocala, FL

"Don't Believe the False Advertising"
Purchased unit in 2003 and every two years, a major problem in spite of our keeping up with regular seasonal maintenance and tune-ups as recommended by Trane. Thank God we also had an extended warranty which covered the very expensive costs, but left us without A/C three times and without heat twice in the winter while we waited for parts. The evaporator had to be totally replaced in 2009 and again in 2011 due to its leaking refrigerant. Now that the warranty is expired, we just paid $300 out of pocket for a seized condenser fan motor and our service man advised us we should be looking to get a new unit. I sent an email to customer service twice, before anyone responded and then they asked me to call them. When I called, Customer Service Rep. Ms. Ebony, basically said "sorry Charlie, we have no control of how long your system will operate correctly". My neighbors have Carrier systems purchased around the same time as mine and other than worn out belts needing to be replaced, neither one has had the amount of issues we have had. Their claims of reliability and quality products is just false advertising. Learn from our experience, do not buy a Trane product.

Date created: 2013-08-24 Name: C. Hamilton
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Can You Say Class Action Suit?"
I want to add my 2 cents to the poor reviews below. We were sold a heat pump and compressor for $5400 that completely broke down within 18 months. Why? Because the coil was incompatible with the EPA gas that replaced freon. If the EPA requires a certain environmentally correct refrigerant, why would Trane sell a unit that doesn't meet that standard? This is a product defect. Trane is very good at blowing off it's customers. Try emailing, calling, chatting. Just try. This repair cost $300.

Date created: 2013-08-18 Name: Andrea Elliott
Location: Richmond, Texas

"Trane Uses Wrong Parts For Equipment"
In 2011, a new slab coil was installed in my older R-22 unit with a TXV valve for R-410. This incorrect valve was not discovered until it had been on my unit for over two years and numerous problems. Trane Ingersoll Rand Management stated it could do no damage to my unit and would not back it up.

Date created: 2013-08-12 Name: yo moma

"Worst Central AC Ever"
Trane company is too expensive and their equipment is shitty. My central AC is only 6 years old and only used during the summer in 70 degrees and never moves. The winter is turned off and we used wood burning stove for free heat. At 6 years old, we have now had to put 2600 dollars in replacement parts, after deals, and discounts. Worst AC ever.

Date created: 2013-07-21 Name: nrc
Location: South florida

"3 Ton Trane for Condo"
Installed in 10/2008, spent lots of money on repair including acid washing the coils for $350-. Keeps leaking and original cost was over $4400-. Right now it is leaking again (7/21/13) and it is hot in Florida! I am mailing a letter to Trane tomorrow Re: inferior products and misrepresentation of advertising.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>