Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-03-23 Location: San Antonio, TX

"My current air conditioner"
I have had my current air conditioner for a year. We had to replace it when our old model went out last year. I like that it is new and it keeps my house much cooler than our old one. It takes about half the time as our previous one and it doesn't run nearly as long. There is actually nothing that I dislike about this air conditioning unit.I have not had to repair this air conditioning unit at all. This is a nice change because our old unit had many problems and we spent a lot of money repairing it. I would definitely buy this same unit again. From the first day we purchased it I was happy with it. It cost more than some of the other brands that were offered to us, but this was the right choice for my family in the long run. When you pay a bit more you definitely get the most out of it. I have recommended this unit to many of my friends already!

Date created: 2016-01-07 Location: Orlando, Fl

"Trane Central AC review"
This AC system is truly amazing. We upgraded 2 years ago from an older system that was also Trane, but went bad after over a decade of use. Our power bill instantly dropped around $50 per month in the heat of the summer. My only dislike about the product is that when the compressor kicks on, it is a bit loud and can be heard from inside the house. I would definitely continue to buy Trane products in the future and recommend to all my family and friends.

Date created: 2015-12-31 Location: St. Joseph, Michigan

"That's the COOLEST one...smart, slick & efficient!!"
Even though the AC is from 2001, we have owned it for 3 years. We are very happy with the service of this machine as it not only looks good, it also works silently and very efficiently. We are so happy during the hot summer days when the machine is on. There is nothing as such that we dislike about it as it is a very powerful machine. It is a very effective one that cools our big house. No, we haven't repaired or replaced it. Once, during the beginning of summer, we had gotten it serviced from the company and it is doing very well. Yes, we would buy the same brand again. It is very useful for big and small houses and there can be multiple units depending on requirements. Yes, we would recommend this brand to a friend as it gives a lot of peace of mind and happiness.

Date created: 2015-10-01 Name: Joe L. Harbin
Location: Anderson, SC

"Piece of junk, trash, scrap metal"
This piece of junk, model: 4WCC3024B1000AA, is a very good example of how Trane sells factory defects that cause $1040.00 of service charges to find and replace a defective part. There were two small copper pipes tied together by a plastic wire tie which allowed the parts to rub together until a hole was worn in both and all the Freon was lost. Yes, the parts were under warranty, but the service charges to find the leak and to install the outdoor coil TXV sensing bulb & equalizing line were $1040.00, which Trane should pay part, if not all of. I do not plan to ever buy the Trane brand again.

Date created: 2015-09-30 Name: Thomas Pidgeon
Location: Norfolk, VA

"Bad service"
Today a fuse went out in my unit. I cannot get it from a dealer and Trane will not sell to the consumer. I guess I stopped this Trane. 3 years old, $17000 lost. Never buy a Trane product again.

Date created: 2015-09-23 Location: Charlestown IN

"Older it gets it still keeps running."
It was installed in 1993 and is still running today. It has had minimal work done other than routine maintenance. Trane holds up to its name. It is simple to work on. It is central air with a propane furnace. Heats and cools a 2300 square foot home.

Date created: 2015-08-06 Name: Fran B.
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

"2015 Trane does not dehumidify"
Warning to all potential buyers: New Trane gas pack in Arizona (low humidity) does not dehumidify! Outside humidity = 13-25%; Inside humidity = 55- 63%. Numerous service visits, new electric line installed from the breaker to the AC. The Trane rep claims humidity should run in the 30%'s. The install seems good, but the new unit does not function -- no water out of the drain pipe. Never worked since day 1 of install. Cooling is OK but less economic than our old unit (American Standard). Can we get a replacement? Be forewarned.

Date created: 2015-07-25 Name: Jessica
Location: Henderson, NV

"Trane sucks"
I decided to put a new Trane AC in because my old unit was a Trane and it lasted for 30 years. Well, not the new models. Brand new and it broke in 1 year - the motor. So my AC guys brings a new model Trane motor and that one was broken too. Now I have a different motor in my Trane and it's up and running for now. But the tech is coming out to put a new one in, so well see how long this lasts. Don't go with Trane, trust me.

Date created: 2015-07-17 Location: Englewood, FL

"Trane AC review"
I have had my current air conditioner since 2004. At the time it was installed my electric bill was in excess of $300.00 during the worst of the summer months here in Florida. The installer assured me I'd save a lot of money on a new system. He was right. 10 years later my electric bill is less than half of that in the worst summer months. I have had no maintenance issues in the 11 years that I have owned the system. It has worked flawlessly and keeps my home cool on a daily basis. I can totally recommend Trane products.

Date created: 2015-07-12 Name: D R
Location: St Louis, MO

"Trane furnace and AC"
Replaced 20 year old Carrier equipment (which never gave me a problem) with Trane. In 8 years I have spent over $1800 in repairs (furnace blower motor, a-coils, limit switches, condensing unit fan). Should change the advertising from "Can't stop a Trane" to "Can't start a Trane". Junk! Never again.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>