Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-08-18 Name: Andrea Elliott
Location: Richmond, Texas

"Trane Uses Wrong Parts For Equipment"
In 2011, a new slab coil was installed in my older R-22 unit with a TXV valve for R-410. This incorrect valve was not discovered until it had been on my unit for over two years and numerous problems. Trane Ingersoll Rand Management stated it could do no damage to my unit and would not back it up.

Date created: 2013-08-12 Name: yo moma

"Worst Central AC Ever"
Trane company is too expensive and their equipment is shitty. My central AC is only 6 years old and only used during the summer in 70 degrees and never moves. The winter is turned off and we used wood burning stove for free heat. At 6 years old, we have now had to put 2600 dollars in replacement parts, after deals, and discounts. Worst AC ever.

Date created: 2013-07-21 Name: nrc
Location: South florida

"3 Ton Trane for Condo"
Installed in 10/2008, spent lots of money on repair including acid washing the coils for $350-. Keeps leaking and original cost was over $4400-. Right now it is leaking again (7/21/13) and it is hot in Florida! I am mailing a letter to Trane tomorrow Re: inferior products and misrepresentation of advertising.

Date created: 2013-07-19 Name: June Clarke
Location: Mechanicsville, Va

"Trane AC"
When running the noise inside the house is like an airplane. Very annoying when trying to sleep. Trane says, "That's the way it is".

Date created: 2013-07-17 Name: Mark
Location: Annapolis,MD

"Trane Stinks"
We had a Trane installed in the summer of 2005 and in that eight years, it has been nothing but trouble. Every time we get any kind of heat, the AC stops working. There has been a variety of different issues but I will never recommend a Trane to anyone. As a matter of fact, I am filing a complaint with the BBB in our state about their horrible product and service.

Date created: 2013-07-14 Name: Anthony Teets
Location: Lake Placid Florida

"Not Reliable"
Unit was built 10/2006 and installed 8/2007. Big selling point was efficiency of variable speed motor in the air handler. On 7/13/2013, the motor was not running and I called Miller Air Conditioning Inc. that sold the unit to me and installed it in Lake Placid, Florida. I was informed that the motor was out of warranty and that a new one would cost over $1000.00. I replaced it with a single speed motor that cost $618.00 installed. I would not advise anyone to buy Trane products with such unreliability. The original cost of purchase and installation was over $5300.00.

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: Ed and Jody
Location: yuma az

"As Professional as it Gets"
First, we live in Arizona which means we have extreme heat. I retired after twenty five years as a licensed contractor and have never experienced the level of service and professionalism as we did with Comstock Air. My home was pristine when they left. After they were paid, they noticed a water downspout. They didn't like it was from our old system. Redoing, no cost. We didn't even know it was insufficient. We will never use anyone else. Our neighbor had the same type of experiences when they installed their unit. Told thumbs up to Comstock.

Date created: 2013-05-31 Name: Dave
Location: Staten Island, NY

"Be Prepared to Shell Out Lots of $$ and Wait a Long Time"
I've had my combo AC/heating unit for about 10 years. Blower just stopped working. Estimate to fix $984.00. Estimate to get the part, unknown. 5 days and counting in 90+ degrees heat. And this is only the tech's best guess. Not even sure it's the real problem. Stay away, Carrier all the way....

Date created: 2013-05-31 Name: STEVE
Location: arizona

"The Chart on the First Page Says it All"
I have spent hundreds of dollars on my units in the past 5 years and they were new then. Warranty is worthless. Company is unresponsive. Do not buy this product.

Date created: 2013-05-30 Name: Julia Roebuck
Location: Verona, Ms.

"Cooling/Gas Heating Packaged Unit"
I bought this unit on 8-23-10 and it worked properly until last summer (2012). In that time there was a loud sound any time the compressor started in the unit which carried inside the house by the venting. The company which installed the unit has come out several times, but have never found what is causing the problem. Do you have any idea why this happened? The noise through the venting system is very disturbing.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>