Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-09-12 Name: Wendy Weiss
Location: Combine, Texas

"Trane AC"
This house is only 8 years old and I have never had a seconds worth of trouble with an air conditioning compressor until I purchased this house 6 years ago with a Trane outside unit. All of my other houses had Carrier. I am very disgusted that I am faced with replacing the air compressor. First it was contactors, $400.00, next it was replace the fan motor $700.00 and still makes a horrible noise now they tell me it must be the air compressor. The technician said he could put new compressor in and estimates $2,600.00 not including labor. It is also leaking from an outside drain so my very expensive contractor gave me a name of a person at Trane because my unit was under 10 years old but naturally the compessor is out of warranty. He thought they could work with me on covering the Compressor since Trane is suppose to be the best will of course not no help at all and could care less so I am faced with spending more on this Trane air conditioning system than I have ever spent on all previous houses. Never again will I own or recommend Trane.

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: James Griffin
Location: Willis, Texas

"James Griffin"
This is my eight house to own since I was 22 years old and now I am 60. I have never had a seconds worth of trouble with an air conditioning compressor until I purchased this house with a Trane outside unit. All of my other houses had Carrier. I am very disgusted that I am faced with replacing the air compressor. First it was contactors, $198.00, next it was the fan motor $541.00 and now the air compressor is making a terrible sound. I called the technician out and he said he could put on the unit what he called a "air compressor saver" another $216.00. He estimates the new compressor to be in the area of $2,600.00 including labor. I have and will be faced with spending more on this Trane air conditioning system than I have ever spent on all previous houses. Never again will I own or recommend Trane.
Date created: 2008-08-29 Name: Walter Chamberlain
Location: Texas

"Walter Chamberlain"
Had this over priced unit for 6 years and the compressor crashed. Never again.
Date created: 2008-08-22 Name: N. Eden
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

"Unhappy Trane customer"
Horrible! Started having problems 1 month after we bought 2 new units for our house and had them installed at the same time. We've had nothing but problems with both units. Wish we had not chosen Trane and can't believe how much we paid and how many service calls we've had on both units.
Date created: 2008-07-30 Name: Buttercatz
Location: Corona, CA

"Trane heating and air"
Do not buy a Trane. All the ratings are bs. I am a landlord that has dealt with numerous products over the past 20 years. The Trane system I bought broke down (dumping water on electronic components) within 3 years. Go with Rheem or anybody else. I've bought virtual no name units that have lasted longer. They do not honor their manufacturers or extended warranty either. I had to pay for all new parts. They stated that the unit was not under normal use (bs) and that the specific parts were not covered by the warranty (bs). Useless.
Date created: 2008-07-24 Name: PEGGY MURPHY
Location: The Woodlands, TX

"TRANE BAHHUMBUG"
SIX YEARS AGO AFTER RESEARCHING A/C UNITS EVERYONE SAID TRANE. SO I HAD ONE INSTALLED. I REALLY FIGURED SINCE THE CARRIER I HAD REPLACED AFTER 30 YEARS OF GREAT SERVICE, A TRANE WOULD LAST AT LEAST 20 OR MORE. HA, SEARS JUST LEFT AND SAID THE CONDENSER NEEDS TO BE REPLACED AND THE OUTSIDE UNIT WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED BY NEXT YR. SO WHAT IS UP WITH THIS. I AM SO TICKED OFF AFTER EVERYTHING TRANE CLAIMS TO BE. THEY ARE JUST HOGWASH. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND A TRANE (EXCEPT TO GET OUT OF TOWN) AGAIN. I WOULD LIKE TO RIP IT OUT AND DUMP IT IN THE MANUFACTURES FRONT LAWN.
Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: Q. Ren
Location: Greensboro, NC

"Air Conditioner, heat pump"
I have two air conditioners and one heat pump. There is just one air conditioner working. Heat pump and another air conditioner didn't work. Called serviceman a few times but they can't fix them. The company also didn't replace them.
Date created: 2008-06-05 Name: J. Meadows

"Hard to Stop a Trane"
This Trane unit has never let me down. I have never had a service call in 21 years. The only thing that I have had to replace is the starting capacitors on the condensing unit once or maybe twice in 21 years.
Date created: 2008-05-29 Name: C. Morrison
Location: Lake Forest, CA

"Trane Airconditioners?"
I purchased a Trane 3-Ton 14 seer Central A/C and Heating System 7 Years ago. I noticed last summer that the unit was taking longer to cool and thought I should have it serviced for Freon before Summer kicked in. Iím in Southern California. What I found was that the unit was leaking from a small pin hole on top of one of the aluminum condenser lines at the access door. There is no corrosion present and the leak was undetectable visually. The trained service technician called Trane who told him to "braze" the hole closed. Since brazing/welding aluminum tubing is extremely difficult and tends to fail I decided to terminate my air conditioners relationship. The Furnace, a se 80 is still operating flawlessly!
Date created: 2008-05-27 Name: Chris
Location: Austin, TX

"Not bad..."
The builder put a Trane system in my Texas home. I had to replace the outdoor fan and igniter for the pilot light indoors, but other than that it's run ok. I can't complain about getting over 20 years out of a unit.