Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

Date created: 2006-12-08 Name: Bobby Spears
Location: Boca Raton, Fl.

I bought a new 5 ton unit form Air-Ref. Co. in June 2006. I have had a total of three complete installs with a new unit put in on the third install. All three times your unit has condensated continuously on all four sides. The installer will or can not fix the problem. I called the Customer Service number and was told to get in touch with my local area rep. I did and was told by him to get back in touch with my installer. I paid 5K for this system, all I want is for it to work right. I can't believe that if a customer has a problem with an installer, he is left on his own. What if the installer goes out of business or dies, what good is my warranty. I called Customer Service again today and was told to call in another company and find out what the problem is. The installer has been to my house twelve times, Palm Beach inspectors have failed the install due to excessive condensation and Costomer service says it is up to the local rep.: if he wants to do a house inspection and to call another company, because it sounds like an installer problem. At this point, if I call another company it will be Carrier or Rudd or anybody that will actually help me. I've been a property manager for eleven years at condo's on the beach, if anybody asks, I tell them to by Train or American Standard. I've tod them this because under ocean conditions your units last twice as long with fewer repairs. Now I upgrade my own 4 ton Rudd to a 5 ton Trane and get hosed. I still think you make the best system but your HELP LINE SUCKS. Over the years I have personelly sold a lot of Tranes and now to get my problem fixed to looks like I have to have to go to your competors, and get a new company to sell me another unit. Thanks for all the HELP!