Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: Q. Ren
Location: Greensboro, NC

"Air Conditioner, heat pump"
I have two air conditioners and one heat pump. There is just one air conditioner working. Heat pump and another air conditioner didn't work. Called serviceman a few times but they can't fix them. The company also didn't replace them.

Date created: 2008-06-05 Name: J. Meadows

"Hard to Stop a Trane"
This Trane unit has never let me down. I have never had a service call in 21 years. The only thing that I have had to replace is the starting capacitors on the condensing unit once or maybe twice in 21 years.

Date created: 2008-05-29 Name: C. Morrison
Location: Lake Forest, CA

"Trane Airconditioners?"
I purchased a Trane 3-Ton 14 seer Central A/C and Heating System 7 Years ago. I noticed last summer that the unit was taking longer to cool and thought I should have it serviced for Freon before Summer kicked in. Iím in Southern California. What I found was that the unit was leaking from a small pin hole on top of one of the aluminum condenser lines at the access door. There is no corrosion present and the leak was undetectable visually. The trained service technician called Trane who told him to "braze" the hole closed. Since brazing/welding aluminum tubing is extremely difficult and tends to fail I decided to terminate my air conditioners relationship. The Furnace, a se 80 is still operating flawlessly!

Date created: 2008-05-27 Name: Chris
Location: Austin, TX

"Not bad..."
The builder put a Trane system in my Texas home. I had to replace the outdoor fan and igniter for the pilot light indoors, but other than that it's run ok. I can't complain about getting over 20 years out of a unit.

Date created: 2008-04-03 Name: D.Brill

I am about to replace my TraneXL80 gas furnace and air conditioner. The unit was purchased in 1987. The compressor failed the 1st year and was replaced without charge. During the course of the last 20 years the air conditoner had to be tweaked a couple of times and the furnace needed to have about $600 worth of work.

Date created: 2007-09-12 Name: Lisa Carter
Location: Ohio

I had a brand new Trane 10 Seer AC installed on July 12th 2006. On Sept 11th 2007 the compressor quit running and per the serviceman needs to be replaced. This AC is 14 months old and will cost me 685.00 in labor charges to repair. (Under warranty for parts only). This is poor quality if I've ever seen it. Choose a different brand.

Date created: 2006-12-08 Name: Bobby Spears
Location: Boca Raton, Fl.

I bought a new 5 ton unit form Air-Ref. Co. in June 2006. I have had a total of three complete installs with a new unit put in on the third install. All three times your unit has condensated continuously on all four sides. The installer will or can not fix the problem. I called the Customer Service number and was told to get in touch with my local area rep. I did and was told by him to get back in touch with my installer. I paid 5K for this system, all I want is for it to work right. I can't believe that if a customer has a problem with an installer, he is left on his own. What if the installer goes out of business or dies, what good is my warranty. I called Customer Service again today and was told to call in another company and find out what the problem is. The installer has been to my house twelve times, Palm Beach inspectors have failed the install due to excessive condensation and Costomer service says it is up to the local rep.: if he wants to do a house inspection and to call another company, because it sounds like an installer problem. At this point, if I call another company it will be Carrier or Rudd or anybody that will actually help me. I've been a property manager for eleven years at condo's on the beach, if anybody asks, I tell them to by Train or American Standard. I've tod them this because under ocean conditions your units last twice as long with fewer repairs. Now I upgrade my own 4 ton Rudd to a 5 ton Trane and get hosed. I still think you make the best system but your HELP LINE SUCKS. Over the years I have personelly sold a lot of Tranes and now to get my problem fixed to looks like I have to have to go to your competors, and get a new company to sell me another unit. Thanks for all the HELP!