Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-06-30 Name: N. Criscimagna

"Great system"
Never had a problem. I read all the bad reviews and must assume these are exceptions or had poor installation (or units are not sized properly).

Date created: 2009-06-25 Name: sabina

"Tranes faulty coils $$$$$"
We've had this unit for 6 years, after 3 years the coil was replaced under warranty - now 1 year out of warranty the coild needs to be replaced again - this time for 2,000.00 - Is there any help out there?? The repairman recommended a new unit telling us that this will probably happen again in another few years and that it would be cheaper - does trane offer any assistance in their clearly defective units

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: RayInAZ

"Old Republic Home Warranty"
Based on my recent experience with not only Trane but owning rentals I've tried others. Basically they are all the same, it is the luck of the draw to determine how long they will last. My solution is to have all my homes covered by Old Republic Home Warranty. Replaced a recent 3.5 ton unit for $55/initial house call and $200 disposeal fee to haul awya the old unit. 3 years ago Old Republic replaced another unit that one was $45/initial house call and $50 to haul off the old unit. I will always have Old Republic on my homes as long as us products are junk.

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: C. Leonard

"DON'T BUY TRANE!"
Leaks freon, had to have coil replaced after 1 year. Still having issues with freon leaks. I could've bought a whole new unit with what I've had to fork out in repairs. This ac is totally useless!

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: Chris Macy

"Installed less than 24 hours, already broken"
Here I sit in an 87 degree house, with my lovely new Trane ac unit sitting in thr attic blowing hot air. The repair technician just left, and the compressor is just shot. This unit was turned on after installation at 7pm on 6/22. The house started warming at 3pm 6/23. Glad my money lasted me a whole 20 hours of Trane quality cooling!

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: Amy Hannan

"Trane air conditioner problems"
We built a home in 2006 and our 3year old unit ttbo4 unit compressor is bad and will not cover the labor cost to place unit to the tune of 600 bucks! Now they are telling me we have to purcase new refrigerent to boot? Trane should stand behind their product when it breaks! We would go out of business if we treated out customers like this! Do not buy a trane! By the way our capasitor has been replaced already as well... What a piece of crap!

Date created: 2009-06-20 Name: Rod & Cynthia Dawson

"Big Mistake!"
We purchased our Trane ac in 2006 and have had to have the indoor coil replaced.....TWICE! What are the chances of having two defective coils within 3 years? Tells you something about Trane's quality (or lack of). Of course, the labor we had to pay for (around $500 for EACH instance!) We completely regret ever having purchased this poor excuse for a premier air conditioner. They should rename their units TRAIN WRECK....which would be much more fitting!

Date created: 2009-06-15 Name: D Miller

"3 strikes and your out"
I own 5 Trane units, 3 in my own home, and 1 each in two rental homes I own. My personal home has had one unit continuously in need of repair, and the latest was a complete replacement of evaporator coils. Very expense. The rental home unit for one house lasted 10 months before the compressor went out, and then it went out again 8 years later. The other rental unit lasted 2 years before the compressor went out, and then again two years after that. I am done with Trane. I am going back to Carrier on my next unit that I purchase. The last Carrier unit I had performed for 21 years without a hitch. I only replaced it with a Trane for energy savings. Big mistake. I've spent a bunch of time and money replacing the Tranes.

Date created: 2009-06-15 Name: D. Kerry

"Trane TR-11"
Compressor failed after 6 years. 5 year warranty. Not easy to find maintenance info or receive help from authorized service centers.

Date created: 2009-06-11 Name: Ms. Smith
Location: Florida

"Trane air conditioners"
We purchased a new Trane Air Conditioner central heat and air system which cost us $5000 and it has been a nightmare from day one. Almost every year since we've had it, there has been one problem or another. We were assured that the new system would save us money in our electric bill but in all these years this has not been the case. Our old unit was an old workhorse that actually cooled the house. The Trane seems to have problems keeping up with the hot Florida summers. The worst problem of all has been the customer service. We cannot seem to find any air conditioner company that can figure out how to fix this huge lemon in my attic. Also when they installed the unit they did not replaced the old unit's pan that catches the water drips so now there is a huge gap and water falls straight onto the ceiling. Trying to get a hold of corporate headquarters is almost impossible since they do not publish their telephone numbers! Just do yourself a favor and do not get a trane unit, I wish I hadn't