Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: Edgar Renteria

"Stay away from TRANE"
Three years and about $1800 later in repair bills, this Trane unit is going to the dump! Not even 2 years old and the damn compressor failed.....it was under warranty but the labor wasn'T. Only one month after having the compressor replaced the outdoor fan motor seized up! Not to mention it leaks freon every year (including a leak inside of the inddor coil...again, we had to pay for the labor to get it fixed!) junk! Junk! Junk! And very noisy to boot! Stay away from trane unless you just like to throw your money down the drain!

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: J. McCaleb

"Customer"
The unit stopped working. Had condenser replaced and now am having to replace all the tubing. What I just found out and you may not know is that Trane is not honoring the labor costs on the warranty and is pushing the costs off onto the customers. The labor costs to replace my unit were extremely high. Please be careful before you buy a Trane product. I understand this issue is currently in court. If any Trane lawyers are monitoring this site-good. I would be happy for you to convince Trane to honor the integrity of their warranty.

Date created: 2009-05-30 Name: T. Ward

"Trane"
The Trane system on out home is only 7 years old and already the air compressor is out. To replace the compressor will cost us 2000.00. please do not by a Trane.

Date created: 2009-05-29 Name: Clint Z

"Poor quality products"
Poor quality parts and design. Requires biannual maintence service. Parts are expensive. Since we inherited this unit after moving in 7 years ago, the compressor capacitor broke after 2 yrs, then exchange unit fan broke loose on the 3rd yr and had to be changed. Now the compressor capacitor and its fan capacitor broke again and the cooling fan is giving abnormal noise and may stop working any time. This system was installed merely 11 yrs.

Date created: 2009-05-17 Name: Jonathan scott

"Hope it never breaks down"
Parts are so expensive. its like having a luxury car has a good name but when it breaks down man is it expensive. the the compressor unit out side gets so dirty cause they are spiny the repair man cleaned it for over a hour and it will not get clean making my bills higher.

Date created: 2009-05-15 Name: C. H.

"YCX-042"
We have been very unhappy with this roof top package unit. It has that dirty sock smell the first couple of times ac is used in a season. ac unit it replaced never had this issue. Required a new evaporator coil only a year after install, coil covered under warranty, but labor cost us $500. Now needs another evaporator coil for $2100. Heat has worked fine. Not a good record for a premium brand.

Date created: 2009-05-13 Name: Patti Tichenor
Location: Alabama

"Don't believe the commercials"
We replaced a 13 year old contractor's grade a/c that had started to have problems over the last two years with a very expensive Trane a/c downstairs and a combo heat pump/A-C upstairs. Service call last year, replace freon found 2 possible sources of leaks. Turned it on this year, again, no cooling. Two service calls and over a $1,000 later the coil was replaced (under warranty) charges were for labor, coolant.... The contractor won't budge on the price. I hate trane and their commercials. I should have researched A/Cs better. do not buy a Trane, they are crap. We needed something reliable,(my husband has ms and cannot take the heat and we live in Alabama), but this is a disaster and a total rip off for an unsuspecting consumer. Dare I say, the upstairs has been fine but it does not run as much.

Date created: 2009-05-12 Name: Bill Crossen

"Installed less than 2 Years! June 28 2007"
Needs tvx! Factory mis-installed flare nut and this section of a 2 year old manufactured ahu is unavailable in the continental U.S. and must be remanufactured; minimum 3days plus shipping. What in the world did I buy?

Date created: 2009-05-04 Name: Alan

"Another rane Coil Failure"
Looks like I have to add myself to the list of unhappy Trane owners. After two years the evaporator coil has failed on my new Trane Air Conditioner. Even under warrenty it will cost $1000 by the time the new coil is replaced. Guess it doesn't take much to stop a Trane.

Date created: 2009-04-29 Name: TRANE

"18 months and problems"
After 18 months of owning a Trane My Mom is now having to pay over $500.00 in labor cost because of a bad leaking coil. Yes Trane pays for the coil but you are responsible for the labor freon etc.. When we called the installer they refused to bend .. Now my mom is 80 she is left with a ac unit that the sales person said was the best and most dependable unit on the market.. If trane knows this is a on going problem they should recall the coils.. and pay for all cost. At the cost of new ac units they should not have to repair this quick.. Be careful on what is told to you about how good something is