Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous20212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: Amy Hannan

"Trane air conditioner problems"
We built a home in 2006 and our 3year old unit ttbo4 unit compressor is bad and will not cover the labor cost to place unit to the tune of 600 bucks! Now they are telling me we have to purcase new refrigerent to boot? Trane should stand behind their product when it breaks! We would go out of business if we treated out customers like this! Do not buy a trane! By the way our capasitor has been replaced already as well... What a piece of crap!

Date created: 2009-06-20 Name: Rod & Cynthia Dawson

"Big Mistake!"
We purchased our Trane ac in 2006 and have had to have the indoor coil replaced.....TWICE! What are the chances of having two defective coils within 3 years? Tells you something about Trane's quality (or lack of). Of course, the labor we had to pay for (around $500 for EACH instance!) We completely regret ever having purchased this poor excuse for a premier air conditioner. They should rename their units TRAIN WRECK....which would be much more fitting!

Date created: 2009-06-15 Name: D Miller

"3 strikes and your out"
I own 5 Trane units, 3 in my own home, and 1 each in two rental homes I own. My personal home has had one unit continuously in need of repair, and the latest was a complete replacement of evaporator coils. Very expense. The rental home unit for one house lasted 10 months before the compressor went out, and then it went out again 8 years later. The other rental unit lasted 2 years before the compressor went out, and then again two years after that. I am done with Trane. I am going back to Carrier on my next unit that I purchase. The last Carrier unit I had performed for 21 years without a hitch. I only replaced it with a Trane for energy savings. Big mistake. I've spent a bunch of time and money replacing the Tranes.

Date created: 2009-06-15 Name: D. Kerry

"Trane TR-11"
Compressor failed after 6 years. 5 year warranty. Not easy to find maintenance info or receive help from authorized service centers.

Date created: 2009-06-11 Name: Ms. Smith
Location: Florida

"Trane air conditioners"
We purchased a new Trane Air Conditioner central heat and air system which cost us $5000 and it has been a nightmare from day one. Almost every year since we've had it, there has been one problem or another. We were assured that the new system would save us money in our electric bill but in all these years this has not been the case. Our old unit was an old workhorse that actually cooled the house. The Trane seems to have problems keeping up with the hot Florida summers. The worst problem of all has been the customer service. We cannot seem to find any air conditioner company that can figure out how to fix this huge lemon in my attic. Also when they installed the unit they did not replaced the old unit's pan that catches the water drips so now there is a huge gap and water falls straight onto the ceiling. Trying to get a hold of corporate headquarters is almost impossible since they do not publish their telephone numbers! Just do yourself a favor and do not get a trane unit, I wish I hadn't

Date created: 2009-06-09 Name: Bill Fisher

"Owner"
After just three years the coils are leaking which requires replacement at almost half the cost of the unit even though under warranty.

Date created: 2009-06-06 Name: R. Ferazani

"JUNK"
Two years ago we purchased this piece of junk !!!! One year later no freon. no charge . two years later no freon 750.00. Leaks both times . I would like to push this thing off the roof.

Date created: 2009-06-06 Name: Norm G.

"Hard to stop a Trane? NOT!"
Add me to the list of unhappy Trane customers. Only three years old an our Trane ac has gone down for the 4th time! First it was a coolant leak, then the fan motor failed, followed by a leak on a valve on the outside section. Now I'm told the indoor coil has a coolant leak and needs to be replaced! The repairman told me Trane has had issues with these coils leaking...wish I had been told that before I spent $5000 on this junk system! Even though Trane will warranty the coil, I have to pay over $1000 to cover the labor and coolant replacement! I will never buy a Trane again! We've called the dealer and Trane directly but neither one seems to care that they sold us a complete lemon! We are seriously considering having this cheap system completely tron out and putting in another brand from another company. If have to laugh at their "It's hard to stop a Trane" advertising slogan....looks like it easy to stop a Trane...just buy one and you'll find out.

Date created: 2009-06-05 Name: H Silverman

"Not Sure Trane is So Good"
Original off-brand unit lasted with some repairs over 25 years. This 3.5 ton Trane installed August of 1998 was supposed to be a good investment. Now I am told the coil needs replacing to the tune of $2,000 and probably should replace the entire unit to tune of $5,000 and although furnace is fine, add another $1,000 and we will have everything new again......my hope was this unit would last at least 20 years or longer with occasional maintenance. What is the expected life of a completely new HVAC system?

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: Edgar Renteria

"Stay away from TRANE"
Three years and about $1800 later in repair bills, this Trane unit is going to the dump! Not even 2 years old and the damn compressor failed.....it was under warranty but the labor wasn'T. Only one month after having the compressor replaced the outdoor fan motor seized up! Not to mention it leaks freon every year (including a leak inside of the inddor coil...again, we had to pay for the labor to get it fixed!) junk! Junk! Junk! And very noisy to boot! Stay away from trane unless you just like to throw your money down the drain!

<< Previous20212223242526272829303132Next >>