Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031Next >>

Date created: 2009-07-17 Name: C. Gray

"Overpriced Piece of You Know What"
I had a entire 5 ton system installed to cool my 2475 square foot home. I am not pleased with the quality that Trane delivers. The compressor went out when the unit was 2 months old. It had a defective valve on the compressor that would not allow cold freon to exit the condensor. Trane replaced the entire unit with no problem. Not two weeks later, the new replacement unit did the exact same thing. I demanded that a Trane factory rep come out this time and inspect it. I wanted him to verify that my unit was properly installed. He came out, and said that there are no issues with the installation, and the size unit for the house. a third unit was sent out and installed. It seems to be working great finally. When you spend almost nine thousand dollars on a entire a/c system, it should work correctly the first time. I understand that some things are defective. Where is the quality control in the factory. June days in South Louisiana can be extremely hot and uncomfortable. It just happened to be June when the compressor issues started. Even though Trane replaced the unit, we went a total of three days without any a/C. I do not think I will go with another Trane again. There are less expensive units out that have the same seer ratings that will not break the bank. All you are buying is the name, and I was pulled into that scam.

Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: Gerry

"Mrs, Gerry"
Coil went, they tell me chipmunks chewed the coil. Hard to believe! Am buying another Trane, hope it lasts 17 yrs.

Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: Donna

"Apparently you can stop a Trane."
We run it from June to September and have had it worked on every summer. I would never buy another one.

Date created: 2009-07-05 Name: A. Daigle

"Do Not Buy!!!"
I Purchased this unit because I wanted a quality worry free unit. I am very disappointed with the quality my Trane unit has given me. The entire system was a replacement to my 18 year old Janitrol unit that is now Goodman. The Janitrol went 15 years without having any major problems. I went ahead and replaced my Janitrol with a xl Trane inside and out. I paid a lot of money for that system, and now I regret it. The compressor fan motor has gone out twice. Once when the unit was 3 months old, and we were away on vacation. The fan not running caused the unit to freeze up for probably several days while we were gone. The motor was under warranty, but I had to pay for the labor to fix it. Not 6 months later, the exact same thing happened. Trane advertises how hard it is to stop a Trane. That is so not true. The Trane brand is overpriced, and the quality is not there. So far it is working alright, but I will not buy another one. I feel like I am stuck with Junk that I am still paying for. I advise people to buy something cheaper that does the exact same thing, and that is keep your house cool. I am afraid of having to change out my Trane before I pay it off. I should have took the service man's advice and went with a Goodman that was way cheaper with the same seer.

Date created: 2009-06-30 Name: N. Criscimagna

"Great system"
Never had a problem. I read all the bad reviews and must assume these are exceptions or had poor installation (or units are not sized properly).

Date created: 2009-06-25 Name: sabina

"Tranes faulty coils $$$$$"
We've had this unit for 6 years, after 3 years the coil was replaced under warranty - now 1 year out of warranty the coild needs to be replaced again - this time for 2,000.00 - Is there any help out there?? The repairman recommended a new unit telling us that this will probably happen again in another few years and that it would be cheaper - does trane offer any assistance in their clearly defective units

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: RayInAZ

"Old Republic Home Warranty"
Based on my recent experience with not only Trane but owning rentals I've tried others. Basically they are all the same, it is the luck of the draw to determine how long they will last. My solution is to have all my homes covered by Old Republic Home Warranty. Replaced a recent 3.5 ton unit for $55/initial house call and $200 disposeal fee to haul awya the old unit. 3 years ago Old Republic replaced another unit that one was $45/initial house call and $50 to haul off the old unit. I will always have Old Republic on my homes as long as us products are junk.

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: C. Leonard

"DON'T BUY TRANE!"
Leaks freon, had to have coil replaced after 1 year. Still having issues with freon leaks. I could've bought a whole new unit with what I've had to fork out in repairs. This ac is totally useless!

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: Chris Macy

"Installed less than 24 hours, already broken"
Here I sit in an 87 degree house, with my lovely new Trane ac unit sitting in thr attic blowing hot air. The repair technician just left, and the compressor is just shot. This unit was turned on after installation at 7pm on 6/22. The house started warming at 3pm 6/23. Glad my money lasted me a whole 20 hours of Trane quality cooling!

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: Amy Hannan

"Trane air conditioner problems"
We built a home in 2006 and our 3year old unit ttbo4 unit compressor is bad and will not cover the labor cost to place unit to the tune of 600 bucks! Now they are telling me we have to purcase new refrigerent to boot? Trane should stand behind their product when it breaks! We would go out of business if we treated out customers like this! Do not buy a trane! By the way our capasitor has been replaced already as well... What a piece of crap!

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031Next >>