Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2009-09-05 Name: Nino Ruggiero

"Nino Ruggiero"
I have two Trane Air conditioner units both 6 years old one unit leaked freon and had to replace the coil cost me over $1100.00 When I looked online to get some more facts on Trane I learned that Trane is owned by Ingersoll Rand everything makes sense now when a company with a good name is bought by a bigger company more often than not they cash on the past reputation and the quality goes down as it happened with Trane.When investing a lot of money in these units they should certainly last more than six years. Oh by the way the warranty on my unit was for five years.

Date created: 2009-08-24 Name: Yvonne

"Trane is to blame"
Five years ago Trane a/c unit was installed new. Many problems...needs new compressor and two other parts (circuit board and relay?). It worked fine up until this year. This is our second call for service this season. I hope parts are readily available. I have a yearly service contract with the furnace company that installed it. I think I'm covered, but it's a huge inconvenience.

Date created: 2009-08-17 Name: Doug

"Trane Installer"
As a small hvac company Only Trane is offered for product. Having installed over 30 units in 2 years there has been 0 problems and the only complaining is that they don't break down. Trane offers a 10 year warranty and stand behind their products 100%. Trane is top of the line with Lennox running second. Carrier running with amanna and goodman.

Date created: 2009-08-12 Name: D. Lundy

"Follow-up for M Abercrombie"
I purchased a new Trane system on 9/02/08 at the recommendation of McBee Heating & Air in Tulsa. When I turned on the ac this summer, my garage developed a steady stream of water running from the closet containing the unit. I called McBee & their tech came right out looked at the problem and reported "the simplest way to fix this is to run a new drain line down the garage wall and out into the garden." After inspecting the pipe and finding the dust of the past 10 months undisturbed, I did some research. I called McBee back & questioned the need for new drainage when the existing might be viable. Mr. McBee advised that the line was probably blown out with co2 at install & he "wasnt liable for any water damage & couldn't help if a mouse or critter had clogged my drain since then." In frustration, I called my plumber. He discovered an algae plug where the pvc drain pipe meets the system. He removed it & advised that McBees installer reused the old pvc drain pipe from the previous system. My plumber installed new pvc pipe connected to the existing drain, which works perfectly. McBee treated me like I was an idiot. My problem was not with Trane; my problem is with the installer I purchased it from. I am disappointed because McBee installed the system for my parents and they recommended I continue to use McBee.

Date created: 2009-08-12 Name: Louise F.

"Poor quality and poor service"
I have a two year old home with a Trane air conditioner that was installed by the builder. The coil has failed twice. Trane has paid for the part, but I have had to pay for shipping, labor and freon for both failures. No response to four voice messages to the Trane distributor. Trane Corporation responded to my email and suggested purchase of an extended warranty. However, the local dealer says extended warranty is not available because the quality of the unit is so poor.

Date created: 2009-08-08 Name: Big Dave

"Trane Air Condition Units are Crap"
The Trane unit I purchased a little over 8 years ago for $6,000 a (model ze1200), is a complete piece of junk. This thing has needed over $1200 in repairs in the last three years and it is currently broken again. It constantly stops cooling and needed everything from freon to brand a new contactor. It was repaired about three months ago. It is looking like the unit will need to be replaced but you can be sure it will NOT be a TRANE. Please, anyone looking to by a TRANE will be in for a nightmare. I have now had three repair people to tell me that these unit only last 4-6 years. If anyone has one that lasted longer then count themselves lucky!

Date created: 2009-08-05 Name: Jasmin Figueroa
Location: Downtown Miami

"Crane A/C is a consumer's nightmare"
I purchased a loft in a brand new high-rise and the a/c unit is only 1.5 years old and already it has a defective compressor. I called and they basically said sorry the unit is only covered for 12 months. That is insane when some units are covered for up to 10 years! I know of owners that had defective units before they even closed on their properties. It's funny to read the comments from someone stating that this forum is just for complaints and not for happy consumers because if that consumer was experiencing problems of course they could also take the time to let other's know of the poor quality product being placed on the market by trane. Signed, Very dissatisfied consumer in Downtown Miami.

Date created: 2009-07-31 Name: P. FILIBERTI

"TRANE A/C problems"
I have a 2.5 ton 12 seer gas/pac and have required freeon re-fills & service calls and strange compressor noises & sometimes just not cooling- have been told there 's aleak in the evaporator coil and with both these 2 major components - have been advised it would be cheaper to buy a new unit!!!this all happened when unit was just 6 yrs old!ridiculous! A/c tECHS say in 2010 this type of unit will be obsolete? And we won't be able to afford reg freeon ? is this just hype to sell new units? I am disgusted!

Date created: 2009-07-28 Name: Lois Coppola

"Trane Goodman and ALL A/C units"
How many people that are really happy with their a/c's are taking time out of their busy day to write a good review? These reviews are all the people that have had a bad experience and are furious with the company that makes them. They get on here and write a bad review as some type of revenge against the company. I wouldnt take these reviews too seriously. Do your homework but dont base your purchase on these reviews.

Date created: 2009-07-27 Name: M. Abbercrombie

"Dumb Reviews"
I see that some of these reviewers blame Trane for the shortcomings of the installers, such as one blaming Trane for a clogged drain, and another giving an unfavorable review because a chipmunk chewed into his a-coil. Any reasonable person would know that the quality of the Trane unit has nothing to do with those situations, so apparently we cannot believe some of these ratings as they are not based upon the actual air conditoner, but based upon something else that the rater is mad about.

<< Previous181920212223242526272829303132Next >>