Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: BB

"Air Conditioner and Furnace"
Purchased both as replacements for 20 year old Carrier central A/C and furnace. What a disappointment! We are diligent in getting our system serviced twice a year. Each year, we have incurred breakdowns of both systems. Last year, we spent over $300.00 for the labor in finding a coolant leak. This year, we spent $800.00 for a coolant leak and replacement of the freon. Our current A/C technician informs us that the entire system is rusting out and will probably have to be replaced within the next year. The furnace igniters suck. Each year (at least once), we have to call a service representative out because the igniters will not work. Last year, we had to replace at $300.00 part on the furnace that was supposedly not covered by warranty. Trane is no help. They send you back to the incompetent people that sold and serviced the A/C and furnace systems. They want you to pay another service charge to another Trane dealer to have them come out and evaluate your system. I would never buy another Trane in my lifetime.

Date created: 2010-04-23 Name: T. O'Quinn

"Bad coil"
We have had our Trane unit for a little over 1 year and during the hot weeks in March. Recently, our unit was freezing up and shutting down. We were told our coil has went bad and that this is happening frequently with Trane and it's only covered in a 1 year warranty. So in other words, we're having to spend close to $500 to replace coil and labor on a unit barely 1 year old. We haven't been told why Trane continues to use this cheap coil or why this company continues to use Trane and not inform their consumers that this is a frequent problem happening and there could be further costs to replace the coil.

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: DW

"Do not reccomend at all!"
Really serious problem with this AC. We've had to had the coil replaced twice because of leaks and the fan motor went out the second year after we purchased it. Totally unreliable. We are extremely disappointed because we were led to believe Trane was a top brand. It is not!

Date created: 2010-03-27 Name: PDeV

"Horrible system"
Horrible systems. Serious engineering flaw with the materials used for baffles in the heating coils. I owned a 4 ton and a 3 ton Trane packaged units. The baffles deteriorated within five years of service. As the baffles began to break down, particles were pulled into the exhaust fan causing high amperage and eventual fan failure. The service technicians spent two years replacing blow back limit switches, low vacuum limit switches, and eventually the fans in both units. I finally had enough and broke the systems down myself and found the root cause of the problem. I have replaced one of the units already and the other is not working. I have contacted the company through via this site and phone on five occasions and still have not seen or spoken to a representative.

Date created: 2010-03-27 Name: R. Thomas

"Trane AC"
I bought a Trane AC unit to replace a Carrier. I had the Carrier for 14 years. No problems except for thermocouples. Within 3 years, my coil had rusted and needed replacing. 2 years later, the tx value was sticking. Overall, I am satisfied with Trane. But I would not have expected fails within 5 years.

Date created: 2010-03-13 Name: J. Vasquez

"Original Unit to House"
We purchased our house 6 years ago and we're very reluctant about purchasing in the first place because the A/C unit was so old. The current homeowners assured us that they had never had problems with their unit, and boy they were right! We've owned the home 6 years now and only have had minimal yearly maintenance repairs. We've estimated the unit is around 26 years old and it still runs like a champ through our deep South heat waves! Thanks Trane!

Date created: 2010-02-20 Name: K. M.

"Trane"
I have serviced and installed commercial and residential HVAC equipment for 15 years. I also have Trane equipment in my own home that I have not had any problems with. First, let's be reasonable. There is not a manufacturer out there that does not have a problem once in a while. These machines are man-made. Second, many problems with equipment of all makes and models come from poor installations and mis-applications. Third, many problems arise from poor maintenance practices. Now, here's another point to make. Many people have complained about labor cost, however, Trane offers a 10 year parts and labor warranty but most homeowners do not wish to purchase this even though it's cost is minimal. If your equipment is under 5 years old, it may still be eligible for an extended warranty. As for calling the distributor, they are most likely not going to talk directly with the homeowner but will direct you to contact a contractor. The quality of Trane equipment has been and still is among the best in the industry. The bottom line is that if you have it sized properly, installed properly, and maintained properly you are going to have much better luck with any equipment your buy.

Date created: 2010-02-19 Name: Sue Sciortino

"BEST EQUIPMENT"
Love Trane - never any problems - great installation company is the key! They have great manufacturers' warrranties, etc. Am switching over to the new freon now and will def. install Trane for the environment! Sue S.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: Fred W.
Location: Houston

"Nothing stopped my Trane"
I have had two Trane a/c units (3 ton and 5 ton) since my house was built in '91. I replaced a fan motor in the 5 ton a couple years ago but that has been it. I live in Houston which is about the absolute envirnment possible due to the heat and humidity. I am considering replacing the system due to age, inefficiency and a tax credit. My first choice will be Trane!

Date created: 2009-11-23 Name: G. McElvaney

"A trane wreck"
We have 3 separate Trane units at our home, however the latest one to be installed is a disaster. It is a 13 Seer 410a 4 ton a/C. The unit would continually freeze up so we had to pay to have a fan limit control unit put in that apparently fools the unit so that it will do it's thing. Our serviceman has to come out (at my expense) at least twice per year in order to adjust the high ambient control on the unit so that the unit will function. All we get from the service people is that they do not like it either and hopefully Trane will do something to fix the problem in the future. I have had my last Trane.

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>