Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2009-08-12 Name: D. Lundy

"Follow-up for M Abercrombie"
I purchased a new Trane system on 9/02/08 at the recommendation of McBee Heating & Air in Tulsa. When I turned on the ac this summer, my garage developed a steady stream of water running from the closet containing the unit. I called McBee & their tech came right out looked at the problem and reported "the simplest way to fix this is to run a new drain line down the garage wall and out into the garden." After inspecting the pipe and finding the dust of the past 10 months undisturbed, I did some research. I called McBee back & questioned the need for new drainage when the existing might be viable. Mr. McBee advised that the line was probably blown out with co2 at install & he "wasnt liable for any water damage & couldn't help if a mouse or critter had clogged my drain since then." In frustration, I called my plumber. He discovered an algae plug where the pvc drain pipe meets the system. He removed it & advised that McBees installer reused the old pvc drain pipe from the previous system. My plumber installed new pvc pipe connected to the existing drain, which works perfectly. McBee treated me like I was an idiot. My problem was not with Trane; my problem is with the installer I purchased it from. I am disappointed because McBee installed the system for my parents and they recommended I continue to use McBee.

Date created: 2009-08-12 Name: Louise F.

"Poor quality and poor service"
I have a two year old home with a Trane air conditioner that was installed by the builder. The coil has failed twice. Trane has paid for the part, but I have had to pay for shipping, labor and freon for both failures. No response to four voice messages to the Trane distributor. Trane Corporation responded to my email and suggested purchase of an extended warranty. However, the local dealer says extended warranty is not available because the quality of the unit is so poor.

Date created: 2009-08-08 Name: Big Dave

"Trane Air Condition Units are Crap"
The Trane unit I purchased a little over 8 years ago for $6,000 a (model ze1200), is a complete piece of junk. This thing has needed over $1200 in repairs in the last three years and it is currently broken again. It constantly stops cooling and needed everything from freon to brand a new contactor. It was repaired about three months ago. It is looking like the unit will need to be replaced but you can be sure it will NOT be a TRANE. Please, anyone looking to by a TRANE will be in for a nightmare. I have now had three repair people to tell me that these unit only last 4-6 years. If anyone has one that lasted longer then count themselves lucky!

Date created: 2009-08-05 Name: Jasmin Figueroa
Location: Downtown Miami

"Crane A/C is a consumer's nightmare"
I purchased a loft in a brand new high-rise and the a/c unit is only 1.5 years old and already it has a defective compressor. I called and they basically said sorry the unit is only covered for 12 months. That is insane when some units are covered for up to 10 years! I know of owners that had defective units before they even closed on their properties. It's funny to read the comments from someone stating that this forum is just for complaints and not for happy consumers because if that consumer was experiencing problems of course they could also take the time to let other's know of the poor quality product being placed on the market by trane. Signed, Very dissatisfied consumer in Downtown Miami.

Date created: 2009-07-31 Name: P. FILIBERTI

"TRANE A/C problems"
I have a 2.5 ton 12 seer gas/pac and have required freeon re-fills & service calls and strange compressor noises & sometimes just not cooling- have been told there 's aleak in the evaporator coil and with both these 2 major components - have been advised it would be cheaper to buy a new unit!!!this all happened when unit was just 6 yrs old!ridiculous! A/c tECHS say in 2010 this type of unit will be obsolete? And we won't be able to afford reg freeon ? is this just hype to sell new units? I am disgusted!

Date created: 2009-07-28 Name: Lois Coppola

"Trane Goodman and ALL A/C units"
How many people that are really happy with their a/c's are taking time out of their busy day to write a good review? These reviews are all the people that have had a bad experience and are furious with the company that makes them. They get on here and write a bad review as some type of revenge against the company. I wouldnt take these reviews too seriously. Do your homework but dont base your purchase on these reviews.

Date created: 2009-07-27 Name: M. Abbercrombie

"Dumb Reviews"
I see that some of these reviewers blame Trane for the shortcomings of the installers, such as one blaming Trane for a clogged drain, and another giving an unfavorable review because a chipmunk chewed into his a-coil. Any reasonable person would know that the quality of the Trane unit has nothing to do with those situations, so apparently we cannot believe some of these ratings as they are not based upon the actual air conditoner, but based upon something else that the rater is mad about.

Date created: 2009-07-24 Name: S.F.

"13 year of great service"
This my 2nd home with Trane units, 2 on each home, that have run worry free for all of those years.

Date created: 2009-07-17 Name: C. Gray

"Overpriced Piece of You Know What"
I had a entire 5 ton system installed to cool my 2475 square foot home. I am not pleased with the quality that Trane delivers. The compressor went out when the unit was 2 months old. It had a defective valve on the compressor that would not allow cold freon to exit the condensor. Trane replaced the entire unit with no problem. Not two weeks later, the new replacement unit did the exact same thing. I demanded that a Trane factory rep come out this time and inspect it. I wanted him to verify that my unit was properly installed. He came out, and said that there are no issues with the installation, and the size unit for the house. a third unit was sent out and installed. It seems to be working great finally. When you spend almost nine thousand dollars on a entire a/c system, it should work correctly the first time. I understand that some things are defective. Where is the quality control in the factory. June days in South Louisiana can be extremely hot and uncomfortable. It just happened to be June when the compressor issues started. Even though Trane replaced the unit, we went a total of three days without any a/C. I do not think I will go with another Trane again. There are less expensive units out that have the same seer ratings that will not break the bank. All you are buying is the name, and I was pulled into that scam.

Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: Gerry

"Mrs, Gerry"
Coil went, they tell me chipmunks chewed the coil. Hard to believe! Am buying another Trane, hope it lasts 17 yrs.

<< Previous181920212223242526272829303132Next >>