Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous171819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>

Date created: 2010-06-03 Name: Texas Kevin

"Trane"
I am building a home and have just been doing a little pre-exploring of HVAC info not to mention Trane as our primary pick. A lot of the postings on here I feel based from the reading I am doing are more because of the AC repair folks and not the Trane product line itself. Like the fact that two evap coils would go out at the same time... I have read from experts this is a hallmark of a scam, almost impossible to have happen. Leaks are another scam area... also no good AC repair guy should load freon into a system to detect a leak, they use Nitrogen. (Finding a honest AC repair guy is like finding a good auto guy...very hard; but keep looking, and get several bids) Proper cleaning and annual maintenance is important to... Honest AC guys are out there... somewhere. I found some great websites where HVAC experts will help you with Q & A forums.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: Jeff Boyd

"Don't buy a Trane"
Since the day we bought the Trane unit, we have had problems. There are coolant leaks and other problems. We have had 5 service calls on a new unit. I will never buy anything made by Trane again.

Date created: 2010-06-01 Name: B. DeBase

"Need freon for two-year-old Trane AC"
Replaced a 22-yr old less expensive unit with a Trane in 2008. The Trane is now out of freon. Had to replace freon last two years of old, inefficient unit's life. Upgraded for better efficiency, I thought. Who ever heard of a two-year-old unit needing freon?

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: John Smith

"Trane no thanks"
Many failures with the equipment...paid top dollar and go poor value...good dealer, bad company.

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: Some Dude

"Crap"
Our company has five voyager roof top systems that are complete junk.

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: Marie

"Trane a/c residential unit"
Every year, at least once a year, it shuts down. The compressor blew within the first 3 years. We will never purchase another Trane unit and will not recommend a Trane to anyone!

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: A. Solnick

"Al & Jo"
We were told when we built our house that Trane was the best - well, we sure expected it to last longer than 14 years! It appears the coils (there are two) have to be replaced and cannot be repaired or built-in obsolence. Maybe our factories need to come home to get a decent product. Oh, and our Trane furnace was repaired in the Fall of 09 and cost nearly $1k. If considering a Trane - move on.

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: Hossain Khan

"Don't buy"
From the 1st year, we are having problems and spending more than $500 for leaking freon.

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: Charles T.

"Mr."
In the five years we have owned Trane, we have spent an additional $3500 on maintenance. Everything from freon leaks, motors burned out, bad bearings, motherboard and thermostat issues. I will never own another one. If we ever move and there is a Trane at the existing house, will require it be removed before I purchase.

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: Walter Eckert

"Upset Trane Owner"
We have always bought the Trane product but I am finding it very hard to recommend this unit to anyone. The company is telling us our evaporator coils are leaking freon. We had this unit installed in 2006 and even though the company is willing to replace the part, we are being charged 710.00 for the labor of something that didn't last 4 years. They also charged us $140.00 for freon just to find the leak. I understand your company will only cover the part but I believe this had to be a defective part to begin with. We bought this unit because our other Trane unit was flooded in Katrina. I would hate to think that Trane just threw together some units just to supply the people down here with units. I am not happy with my choice of going with Trane and would like to see some statistics of how many problems you have had with the units that were sent down here after the hurricane. The amount of money I have to put out because of your defective evaporator coil is insane. Please have someone contact me with those statistics. I also tried to call customer relations and had to leave a message and as usual the call was not returned. Surprise, surprise!

<< Previous171819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>