Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>

Date created: 2010-06-04 Name: Jeff Talley

"Don't buy a Trane"
Don't buy anything made by Trane. We have had nothing but problems with it and can't talk to anyone from Trane.

Date created: 2010-06-03 Name: Texas Kevin

"Trane"
I am building a home and have just been doing a little pre-exploring of HVAC info not to mention Trane as our primary pick. A lot of the postings on here I feel based from the reading I am doing are more because of the AC repair folks and not the Trane product line itself. Like the fact that two evap coils would go out at the same time... I have read from experts this is a hallmark of a scam, almost impossible to have happen. Leaks are another scam area... also no good AC repair guy should load freon into a system to detect a leak, they use Nitrogen. (Finding a honest AC repair guy is like finding a good auto guy...very hard; but keep looking, and get several bids) Proper cleaning and annual maintenance is important to... Honest AC guys are out there... somewhere. I found some great websites where HVAC experts will help you with Q & A forums.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: Jeff Boyd

"Don't buy a Trane"
Since the day we bought the Trane unit, we have had problems. There are coolant leaks and other problems. We have had 5 service calls on a new unit. I will never buy anything made by Trane again.

Date created: 2010-06-01 Name: B. DeBase

"Need freon for two-year-old Trane AC"
Replaced a 22-yr old less expensive unit with a Trane in 2008. The Trane is now out of freon. Had to replace freon last two years of old, inefficient unit's life. Upgraded for better efficiency, I thought. Who ever heard of a two-year-old unit needing freon?

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: John Smith

"Trane no thanks"
Many failures with the equipment...paid top dollar and go poor value...good dealer, bad company.

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: Some Dude

"Crap"
Our company has five voyager roof top systems that are complete junk.

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: Marie

"Trane a/c residential unit"
Every year, at least once a year, it shuts down. The compressor blew within the first 3 years. We will never purchase another Trane unit and will not recommend a Trane to anyone!

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: A. Solnick

"Al & Jo"
We were told when we built our house that Trane was the best - well, we sure expected it to last longer than 14 years! It appears the coils (there are two) have to be replaced and cannot be repaired or built-in obsolence. Maybe our factories need to come home to get a decent product. Oh, and our Trane furnace was repaired in the Fall of 09 and cost nearly $1k. If considering a Trane - move on.

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: Hossain Khan

"Don't buy"
From the 1st year, we are having problems and spending more than $500 for leaking freon.

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: Charles T.

"Mr."
In the five years we have owned Trane, we have spent an additional $3500 on maintenance. Everything from freon leaks, motors burned out, bad bearings, motherboard and thermostat issues. I will never own another one. If we ever move and there is a Trane at the existing house, will require it be removed before I purchase.

<< Previous161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>