Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous16171819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>

Date created: 2010-06-19 Name: Mike B.

"Trane a/c condensers/ heat pumps outdoor"
After working on and installing a/c units, Trane uses a spine fin coil on the outdoor cond units too many times. The copper suction and liquid lines come in contact with the aluminum spine fin cond coil and crack the aluminun and next to impossible to repair.

Date created: 2010-06-18 Name: Mark

"Buy elsewhere"
Two months after putting in a new unit and we lost the compressor. What a joke! We had our old unit for 15 years and no problems. Let the Trane go by and purchase another unit. Don't make the same mistake we did.

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: Robert Pauley

Trane uses aluminum in their coils instead of copper. Worst coils made. Install a Trane AC and if you're lucky you'll get five years out of it before their cheap coils spring leaks all over the place. Trane spends millions in advertising to promote themselves as a premiere line of equipment when in reality their AC equipment is Chinese-made junk.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: D. Hicks

"Works Great!"
Had AC installed and added to existing gas furnace. Works great, not a single issue in 12 years.

Date created: 2010-06-12 Name: P. Neal

"TRANE AIR CONDITIONER SUCKS!!"
Omg!! I so agree with A. Solnick's comments. Your experience is my exact experience with a new home!! My Trane air conditioner is 13 years old and I need a new one and yes, the Trane furnace needs repair as well. People, please stay away from purchasing "Trane" products. Unless, you don't mind replacing your air and furnace within 13 years of purchase:(

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: M. Weinstein

"Poor reliability/warranty"
Coil/expansion valve broke. Air conditioner less than 2 years old. Part replaced for free, but $900 labor! Apparently, this part has proven quite unreliable in new units.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: Wayne

"Early failure"
Our compressor on this less than 4 year old model failed to start. Told that parts were covered, but not labor even though the Trane dealer did not offer any service contract at the time of purchase. New compressor installed after 6 hours of labor failed to start. We are now told that we have to wait an additional 3 weeks for a new part and pay redundant labor costs, or pay $6000 for a new unit. Never ever buy a Trane!

Date created: 2010-06-04 Name: J. Tomlinson

"Dying of Heat!"
Brand new install of a Trane HVAC system. 2 20 Ton units supposed to heat and cool our 12,000 square foot space. It does not work. Trane is very slow to send out technicians to work on the system - we are told that perhaps the problems can be worked out in programming (the system is such that only Trane technicians can program it - now that is called forced customer service) and for all I know they are correct. But after sitting in my office for more than 2 weeks in a consistent temperature of over 80 degrees, and no Trane technician coming - I really do not care why the system does not work. I am simply tired of being hot, and Trane does not seem to care. If I were doing it again, it would not be with Trane.

Date created: 2010-06-04 Name: Jeff Talley

"Don't buy a Trane"
Don't buy anything made by Trane. We have had nothing but problems with it and can't talk to anyone from Trane.

Date created: 2010-06-03 Name: Texas Kevin

"Trane"
I am building a home and have just been doing a little pre-exploring of HVAC info not to mention Trane as our primary pick. A lot of the postings on here I feel based from the reading I am doing are more because of the AC repair folks and not the Trane product line itself. Like the fact that two evap coils would go out at the same time... I have read from experts this is a hallmark of a scam, almost impossible to have happen. Leaks are another scam area... also no good AC repair guy should load freon into a system to detect a leak, they use Nitrogen. (Finding a honest AC repair guy is like finding a good auto guy...very hard; but keep looking, and get several bids) Proper cleaning and annual maintenance is important to... Honest AC guys are out there... somewhere. I found some great websites where HVAC experts will help you with Q & A forums.

<< Previous16171819202122232425262728293031323334Next >>