Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: Marie

"Trane a/c residential unit"
Every year, at least once a year, it shuts down. The compressor blew within the first 3 years. We will never purchase another Trane unit and will not recommend a Trane to anyone!

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: A. Solnick

"Al & Jo"
We were told when we built our house that Trane was the best - well, we sure expected it to last longer than 14 years! It appears the coils (there are two) have to be replaced and cannot be repaired or built-in obsolence. Maybe our factories need to come home to get a decent product. Oh, and our Trane furnace was repaired in the Fall of 09 and cost nearly $1k. If considering a Trane - move on.

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: Hossain Khan

"Don't buy"
From the 1st year, we are having problems and spending more than $500 for leaking freon.

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: Charles T.

"Mr."
In the five years we have owned Trane, we have spent an additional $3500 on maintenance. Everything from freon leaks, motors burned out, bad bearings, motherboard and thermostat issues. I will never own another one. If we ever move and there is a Trane at the existing house, will require it be removed before I purchase.

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: Walter Eckert

"Upset Trane Owner"
We have always bought the Trane product but I am finding it very hard to recommend this unit to anyone. The company is telling us our evaporator coils are leaking freon. We had this unit installed in 2006 and even though the company is willing to replace the part, we are being charged 710.00 for the labor of something that didn't last 4 years. They also charged us $140.00 for freon just to find the leak. I understand your company will only cover the part but I believe this had to be a defective part to begin with. We bought this unit because our other Trane unit was flooded in Katrina. I would hate to think that Trane just threw together some units just to supply the people down here with units. I am not happy with my choice of going with Trane and would like to see some statistics of how many problems you have had with the units that were sent down here after the hurricane. The amount of money I have to put out because of your defective evaporator coil is insane. Please have someone contact me with those statistics. I also tried to call customer relations and had to leave a message and as usual the call was not returned. Surprise, surprise!

Date created: 2010-05-06 Name: Laura Cattell

"Ms"
The coil went on the upstairs unit within two years, cost $700 to fix. It also failed four times within the first few weeks. Very disappointed with Trane. We had a mismatched Carrier coil and compressor in our last house which didn't cause any problems for 6 yrs. At the end of the day, I guess they are all the same but Trane should not make claims which are not true as a lot of people on this board have found out.

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: BB

"Air Conditioner and Furnace"
Purchased both as replacements for 20 year old Carrier central A/C and furnace. What a disappointment! We are diligent in getting our system serviced twice a year. Each year, we have incurred breakdowns of both systems. Last year, we spent over $300.00 for the labor in finding a coolant leak. This year, we spent $800.00 for a coolant leak and replacement of the freon. Our current A/C technician informs us that the entire system is rusting out and will probably have to be replaced within the next year. The furnace igniters suck. Each year (at least once), we have to call a service representative out because the igniters will not work. Last year, we had to replace at $300.00 part on the furnace that was supposedly not covered by warranty. Trane is no help. They send you back to the incompetent people that sold and serviced the A/C and furnace systems. They want you to pay another service charge to another Trane dealer to have them come out and evaluate your system. I would never buy another Trane in my lifetime.

Date created: 2010-04-23 Name: T. O'Quinn

"Bad coil"
We have had our Trane unit for a little over 1 year and during the hot weeks in March. Recently, our unit was freezing up and shutting down. We were told our coil has went bad and that this is happening frequently with Trane and it's only covered in a 1 year warranty. So in other words, we're having to spend close to $500 to replace coil and labor on a unit barely 1 year old. We haven't been told why Trane continues to use this cheap coil or why this company continues to use Trane and not inform their consumers that this is a frequent problem happening and there could be further costs to replace the coil.

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: DW

"Do not reccomend at all!"
Really serious problem with this AC. We've had to had the coil replaced twice because of leaks and the fan motor went out the second year after we purchased it. Totally unreliable. We are extremely disappointed because we were led to believe Trane was a top brand. It is not!

Date created: 2010-03-27 Name: PDeV

"Horrible system"
Horrible systems. Serious engineering flaw with the materials used for baffles in the heating coils. I owned a 4 ton and a 3 ton Trane packaged units. The baffles deteriorated within five years of service. As the baffles began to break down, particles were pulled into the exhaust fan causing high amperage and eventual fan failure. The service technicians spent two years replacing blow back limit switches, low vacuum limit switches, and eventually the fans in both units. I finally had enough and broke the systems down myself and found the root cause of the problem. I have replaced one of the units already and the other is not working. I have contacted the company through via this site and phone on five occasions and still have not seen or spoken to a representative.

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>