Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: M. Weinstein

"Poor reliability/warranty"
Coil/expansion valve broke. Air conditioner less than 2 years old. Part replaced for free, but $900 labor! Apparently, this part has proven quite unreliable in new units.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: Wayne

"Early failure"
Our compressor on this less than 4 year old model failed to start. Told that parts were covered, but not labor even though the Trane dealer did not offer any service contract at the time of purchase. New compressor installed after 6 hours of labor failed to start. We are now told that we have to wait an additional 3 weeks for a new part and pay redundant labor costs, or pay $6000 for a new unit. Never ever buy a Trane!

Date created: 2010-06-04 Name: J. Tomlinson

"Dying of Heat!"
Brand new install of a Trane HVAC system. 2 20 Ton units supposed to heat and cool our 12,000 square foot space. It does not work. Trane is very slow to send out technicians to work on the system - we are told that perhaps the problems can be worked out in programming (the system is such that only Trane technicians can program it - now that is called forced customer service) and for all I know they are correct. But after sitting in my office for more than 2 weeks in a consistent temperature of over 80 degrees, and no Trane technician coming - I really do not care why the system does not work. I am simply tired of being hot, and Trane does not seem to care. If I were doing it again, it would not be with Trane.

Date created: 2010-06-04 Name: Jeff Talley

"Don't buy a Trane"
Don't buy anything made by Trane. We have had nothing but problems with it and can't talk to anyone from Trane.

Date created: 2010-06-03 Name: Texas Kevin

"Trane"
I am building a home and have just been doing a little pre-exploring of HVAC info not to mention Trane as our primary pick. A lot of the postings on here I feel based from the reading I am doing are more because of the AC repair folks and not the Trane product line itself. Like the fact that two evap coils would go out at the same time... I have read from experts this is a hallmark of a scam, almost impossible to have happen. Leaks are another scam area... also no good AC repair guy should load freon into a system to detect a leak, they use Nitrogen. (Finding a honest AC repair guy is like finding a good auto guy...very hard; but keep looking, and get several bids) Proper cleaning and annual maintenance is important to... Honest AC guys are out there... somewhere. I found some great websites where HVAC experts will help you with Q & A forums.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: Jeff Boyd

"Don't buy a Trane"
Since the day we bought the Trane unit, we have had problems. There are coolant leaks and other problems. We have had 5 service calls on a new unit. I will never buy anything made by Trane again.

Date created: 2010-06-01 Name: B. DeBase

"Need freon for two-year-old Trane AC"
Replaced a 22-yr old less expensive unit with a Trane in 2008. The Trane is now out of freon. Had to replace freon last two years of old, inefficient unit's life. Upgraded for better efficiency, I thought. Who ever heard of a two-year-old unit needing freon?

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: John Smith

"Trane no thanks"
Many failures with the equipment...paid top dollar and go poor value...good dealer, bad company.

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: Some Dude

"Crap"
Our company has five voyager roof top systems that are complete junk.

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: Marie

"Trane a/c residential unit"
Every year, at least once a year, it shuts down. The compressor blew within the first 3 years. We will never purchase another Trane unit and will not recommend a Trane to anyone!

<< Previous151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>