Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>

Date created: 2010-07-22 Name: Mike Kennedy

"14xl"
This has been the worst purchase I could have made.

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: Bill
Location: Northern VA

"3 1/2 ton system"
3 1/2 ton system came new with the house in 1990. The ac and furnace had to do medium to medium heavy duty here in Northern Va. System lasted 18 years without a problem then the heat went out and we had to replace a control unit. Lasted another 2 years and then it stopped cooling. Decided to replace the system given it's age. Got our money's worth big time.

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: M. Breu

"Less than 3 year old Junk"
I am a maintenance nut and take very good care of my home. I was a bit surprised when my Trane air conditioner quit working less than 3 years after it was installed. Trying to deal with Trane was akin to banging my head against the wall. They warranty their parts for 5 years but I got stuck with an $828 bill to replace the condenser. I called the customer service representative to try to get Trane to kick in for part of the labor. Instead I got a rep who could see no further than to repeat to me what I had already told him: That I had a 5 year warranty on parts but don't think I should be stuck with the full bill. A long story short, Trane's reputation for excellence is undeserved.

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: Frank Tucker

"Frank"
5 ton Trane purchased new less than 4 years ago. Started leaking freon 18 months after installation because of defective evaporator coil which was replaced for labor cost of $1200. No leak for about 11 months. Now leaking freon again. Dealer says new evaporator coil not leaking. Obviously, Trane has freon leaking A/Cs which appear to be the most common complaint on this review.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: The Smiths

"Don't call us, we'll call us"
Don't buy a Trane. Will be the most expensive mistake of your life. Purchased a Trane 5 years ago. We are now waiting for the 3rd compressor to be replaced. The temp has been 105 for the past 3 days, and, here we sit with no air. The local dealer said the part is on back order from the Trane manufacture. Really, so, this tells me, that this part goes out, way too often. The Trane regional rep was to call us within 24-48 hours, regarding this delay. Hum, his watch must have stopped. It's been over 100 hours. This company has got to have the worst customer relations.

Date created: 2010-07-17 Name: The Smiths

"DON'T CALL US, WE'LL CALL YOU"
Purchased the Trane 5 years ago, waiting for 3rd compressor to be replaced, have been with out air for over 3 weeks. Our local repairman, said they are still waiting for Trane to send the part. The temp has been 105 for the past 3 days. The regional rep for Trane was to call us within 24-48 hours, hum, his watch must have broke, it's been over 100 hours now. Wonder if the CEO has ever had to wait this long. If you are even thinking of buying a Trane, really, think twice and then think again. You will be making the most expensive mistake of your life.

Date created: 2010-07-16 Name: Jim Fay

"New Trane Unit not very effective"
The local sales rep/owner assured us that the largest unit would cool both floors. It doesn't and they haven't done anything about it. We have had a myriad of problems in addition to that.

Date created: 2010-07-16 Name: JAG

"JAG"
Has anyone experienced a "mold" problem with any Trane a/c unit? Mold smell &/or actual "mold" green/black on either the inside or outside of the unit? My Trane a/c unit is 4-1/2 yrs. old. During the first season, there was an extreme mold smell. National grid advised to place bleach in the pump. Subsequently, black mold accumulated on the top of the unit. When the unit was opened by another tech, some mold was found in the "pan" which was replaced. I have complained abt a mold smell every year and was given various reasons incl that the mold may be in my vents. Vents cleaned @ $300 cost - no mold! Once again, I have a very strong mold smell. There are 2 model #'s on my extended warranty & can't find either on Trane's website - taywar0011 & tud060c936k. Please post a review of any similar experiences. Thank you!

Date created: 2010-07-07 Name: Charles Johnson

"Trane XE1200 central heat/air"
The evaporator coils started leaking after 8 yrs and the condenser coils started leaking after 10 yrs. When the evaporator was replaced in 2008, it was replaced with a r22 only unit by an authorized Trane dealer. Now that the condensor has gone out, it's going to be hard to find a replacement to match the r22 evaporator. Having a major component failure after only 8 yrs is unacceptable. The unit that I had prior to this one was a Carrier and I had no problems except a rusted out dryer unit after 22 yrs service.

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: D. Link
Location: Chandler, AZ

"Upset with Trane"
Posted July 6, 2010. We are in Chandler, Arizona. Temp 100+ and have been without air conditioning for the past 4 days (a two year old hv/ac Trane system). Of course, the Trane supplier was closed for the weekend. The condensor has failed. Two months ago, the fan motor died and we waited 4 days for that to be replaced because the Trane supplier isn't open on Saturdays. We were promised that today, the condensor unit would be replaced. One half hour ago, they told us that they cannot get a replacement unit until July 22nd -- 3 weeks from now. We've been told that there are 49 folks ahead of us because condensors are on back order. If that many condensers are going out, what’s the problem with a Trane?? Do not buy a Trane a/c!!! It’s now the middle of summer! We’re not the only ones overheating in Arizona! Do not buy a Trane!

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>