Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous14151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: T. Mabry

"Trane and Carrier both excellent systems"
Have owned Trane and Carrier units and both worked very well for me. My current system, a Trane is 7 years old and have had no problems whatsoever. I'd buy another Carrier or Trane any time. They are both good products.

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: D. Sempert
Location: Florida

"Homeowner"
The Trane 1500, central heat & cool central system is great!! We replaced a 21 year old Trane 1300 which was still running perfectly, because of the rebate offers. The new 1500 is even better than our 1300. Very quiet and an energy saver!! The unit was bought in Sept. and Florida had it's worst winter in over 100 years---THANK you Trane!!! We were toasty warm---it is now July and 99o we are breezy cool.

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: Disatisfied in New Jersey

"Customer"
My husband and I have researched other companies but felt that Trane was the best solution to purchase a new heating and air conditioning system. This included reducting and putting in a new thermostat. We live in an "l" shape rancher built on a concrete slab. When the temperature outside goes above 97 degrees and above, the house never is cooled below 80 degrees; and the same goes for the winter time of the house being too cold. We had the installers come out on several occasions and it always came down to the same answer how "hot" or how "cold" outside will determine how the temperature inside our house will be. I am very dissatisfied with the installation that was made in our attic as we were adviced. I would not recommend Trane to another person!!!

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: T. Edwards

"11 year old Trane is perfect"
I had my ac condenser replaced 11 years ago with a Trane unit. I just change the filter every 3 months. Otherwise, it is maintenance free and keeps me cool.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: Joe

"Trane HVAC not vey reliable"
I as well had the txv fail, the part to no avail is covered under the warranty. Trane does not cover the labor which the estimate stands at $933.00 which was quite surprising. Check with different manufacturers before you install and consider a home warranty that covers all appliances.

Date created: 2010-06-19 Name: Mike B.

"Trane a/c condensers/ heat pumps outdoor"
After working on and installing a/c units, Trane uses a spine fin coil on the outdoor cond units too many times. The copper suction and liquid lines come in contact with the aluminum spine fin cond coil and crack the aluminun and next to impossible to repair.

Date created: 2010-06-18 Name: Mark

"Buy elsewhere"
Two months after putting in a new unit and we lost the compressor. What a joke! We had our old unit for 15 years and no problems. Let the Trane go by and purchase another unit. Don't make the same mistake we did.

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: Robert Pauley

Trane uses aluminum in their coils instead of copper. Worst coils made. Install a Trane AC and if you're lucky you'll get five years out of it before their cheap coils spring leaks all over the place. Trane spends millions in advertising to promote themselves as a premiere line of equipment when in reality their AC equipment is Chinese-made junk.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: D. Hicks

"Works Great!"
Had AC installed and added to existing gas furnace. Works great, not a single issue in 12 years.

Date created: 2010-06-12 Name: P. Neal

"TRANE AIR CONDITIONER SUCKS!!"
Omg!! I so agree with A. Solnick's comments. Your experience is my exact experience with a new home!! My Trane air conditioner is 13 years old and I need a new one and yes, the Trane furnace needs repair as well. People, please stay away from purchasing "Trane" products. Unless, you don't mind replacing your air and furnace within 13 years of purchase:(

<< Previous14151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>