Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: Kyle Robinson
Location: Winterville NC

"Air conditioner"
Great AC with no major problems

Date created: 2010-09-13 Name: JF
Location: Bernardsville, NJ

"Very dissatisfied with Trane a/c"
Had I known that I would get only 5 years from the a/c, I would never have spent the money for Trane. The Carrier a/c I had previously lasted over 10 years without a problem.

Date created: 2010-08-24 Name: Scott Hoffer
Location: The Villages, Fl

"Leaking coils"
Unit is 2 yrs old. Coils leaking freon in 2 places. Total labor cost > $700.00. Parts covered by warrenty. Can I expect this EVERY 2 years?

Date created: 2010-08-19 Name: dianna

"A/c"
What can you say about sonething that is c--p and paid 4,000.00 dollars for it

Date created: 2010-08-18 Name: L.. Speer
Location: Spanish Fort, Albama

"Piece of JUNK!!!!!! Trane heat/cool unit"
I have a 2 year old central heating/cooling unit that was supposedly installed by Baldwin AC, suppose to be a reputable unit. 2 years later I need a new coil for $1000. This is crazy!! Does anyone make a decent product they stand behind any more

Date created: 2010-08-17 Name: Joseph Barish
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

"JosephB"
Our new Trane Central A/C is extremely quiet and reliable. The installation technicians from Jim's Heating and Air Conditioning of Hainesport, NJ came highly recommended on the website Consumer's Checkbook.com, and with due cause. They knew what they were doing, were thorough, uniformed, tested the installation, and cleaned up afterwards. Our electric bills are unbelievably low, we were surprised. The pricing was most fair and the warranty excellent.

Date created: 2010-08-15 Name: robert meltzer
Location: Miami Beach, FL

"3 ton dual compressor"
We had a trane a/c installed in our 2 bedroom apt., approx 1200 square feet, the back bedroom is very, very cold, and we had mold problems since the a/c/was installed sept, 2009, our clothes in the drawers and closets always felt damp, and smelled moldy, the humidity is always in the high 60 and 70's, our floors feel sticky, i do not think that it was installed properly and when ed helm sent someone to theapt., they seemed to know nothing and did not help, we had a york a/c for 13 years and never had any of these problems, we are 95 and 88 years old and this problem is making us sick, can you offer amy advice.

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: M. Benson
Location: Dallas, TX

"Don't Purchase"
We installed a new Trane heating & cooling system in 2003. Had 5 service calls the first year. A/C unit would trip circuit breakers in house. Cause was 3 defective parts and wiring issues within unit. In 7/2009 we woke to no power in the house. Trane compressor had heated to the point of melting, which tripped the main circuit breakers to the house. Repair company said we were lucky our house didn't burn down. Compressor was covered, but not the $600 labor, plus we had to replace the variable speed motor for $315. Two weeks ago, unit stopped cooling, was low on coolant. Repairman thinks there may be an issue with coil. Today A/C unit trips main circuit breaker again. This time fried wires in system. Fuses failed to blow to prevent issue we experienced. We chose Trane for it's reliability (so we thought). Save yourself lots of money, buy a different brand - NOT TRANE!

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: S.Scott

"2 much Hassle"
This unit was installed back in 2004 and I have had nothing but problems. Every year starting in 2006 my ac unit needs to be fixed. Now the compressor has failed and the installer is waiting for trane to call them back to see if it is still covered under warranty. I hope this part is still covered b/c if not I heard it can be rather expensive. I see previous reviews talking about installers and that could be the problem. I have learned over the years that the cheap way is not always the best way...thanks to Mitchell Homes!

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: S. Barker

"Wow not impressed..."
Guess I am part of the club now. Purchased my brand new home august 2007. As of now I have had 2 evaporator coils leak freon and the bearings go out in the fan outside....seems to be a very common occurrence going on here.. I read multiple reviews and they all sound like what I am writing now. Thank you for the poor workmanship trane. Definitely won't be buying another unit from you when this one kicks the bucket.

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>