Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: Florida heat

"Bad compressor"
I had my system installed with my new house at the end of 2006 and less than 4 years later my a/c compressor is bad. Its under warranty but I'm gonna have to eat the labor cost. They also say that it is on backorder so who know when I will get it. I might end up changing the whole system. Was good while it worked.

Date created: 2010-08-04 Name: Mark

"Good Unit"
The unit was part of the builder's package when the house was constructed 12 years ago. Since that time, I have had only one problem about 5 years ago when the compressor motor had to be replaced. That was covered in full by my home service contract. It cools in summer and heats in the winter using electricity. I am going to replace it this year due to incentives provided by Florida Power and Light, The I.R.S. and the installer. There is nothing currently wrong with the unit, but a newer one should be more cost efficient (10ser vs 16ser).

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: Richard

"Poor Manufacture"
Purchased a Trane unit 5 years ago. The coil developed a leak. Was told that because of cheap manufacture using aluminum coils could not be repaired. The coil was covered under warranty but the labor wasn't. That was over $800. Dealers love Trane because they make a lot of money replacing coils. The servicemen who came to do the job said they did not like Trane.

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: Martin Russell
Location: Allen, TX

"Trane Sucks"
Same story as the guy below, both compressors on my two stage ac unit went down. Parts are on back order. Will be at least 5 days to repair. Meanwhile, it is a 105 in Allen, Texas.

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: Debby
Location: Raleigh

"Broken trane"
Wish I could get more information from the Smiths. We live in Raleigh and need the contact number for a regional Trane rep - please post if you can. Almost same problem. Less than 5 years old, air handler dies every summer. 2nd time this summer, same part. Carolina Comfort is not very responsive. This is obviously a bad air handler or they installed it wrong. Would like Trane to stand behind their products and certification they give to their dealers?

Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: Debbie

"WHAT CAN TOP THIS?"
I've owned my home for 17 years. It still has the original Trane air conditioner from 1971! That makes it 39 years old. It has only needed repair once for a leaky valve. Last year, the service man told me it is still working as good as new. He did convince me that a newer model would be much more efficient so I'm shopping and comparing.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Eric Thompson

"Total Junk"
Would never buy this brand again. AC fails 2-3 times per season and repairs take one week average.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: C. Taylor

"Condenser leak"
A new Trane system less than 2 years old starts leaking. The condenser has a 10 year warranty but over 400 in labor to replace. Something must be wrong if the system fails that soon. I think the installer did something after I complained about racist remarks he was making.

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: Charlie H.

"XL12"
I have owned a Trane system for 22 years and found that it is normally the equipment but it's installing the equipment. That goes with anyone's equipment. I have been in the field for 44 years from an installer, service tech and engineer. 99% of all problems start with the installer and installing company. Make sure you hire the best.

Date created: 2010-07-22 Name: Mike Kennedy

"14xl"
This has been the worst purchase I could have made.

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>