Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2010-08-18 Name: L.. Speer
Location: Spanish Fort, Albama

"Piece of JUNK!!!!!! Trane heat/cool unit"
I have a 2 year old central heating/cooling unit that was supposedly installed by Baldwin AC, suppose to be a reputable unit. 2 years later I need a new coil for $1000. This is crazy!! Does anyone make a decent product they stand behind any more

Date created: 2010-08-17 Name: Joseph Barish
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

"JosephB"
Our new Trane Central A/C is extremely quiet and reliable. The installation technicians from Jim's Heating and Air Conditioning of Hainesport, NJ came highly recommended on the website Consumer's Checkbook.com, and with due cause. They knew what they were doing, were thorough, uniformed, tested the installation, and cleaned up afterwards. Our electric bills are unbelievably low, we were surprised. The pricing was most fair and the warranty excellent.

Date created: 2010-08-15 Name: robert meltzer
Location: miami beach, florida

"3 ton dual compressor"
We had a trane a/c installed in our 2 bedroom apt., approx 1200 square feet, the back bedroom is very, very cold, and we had mold problems since the a/c/was installed sept, 2009, our clothes in the drawers and closets always felt damp, and smelled moldy, the humidity is always in the high 60 and 70's, our floors feel sticky, i do not think that it was installed properly and when ed helm sent someone to theapt., they seemed to know nothing and did not help, we had a york a/c for 13 years and never had any of these problems, we are 95 and 88 years old and this problem is making us sick, can you offer amy advice.

Date created: 2010-08-13 Name: M. Benson
Location: Dallas, Texas

"Don't Purchase"
We installed a new Trane heating & cooling system in 2003. Had 5 service calls the first year. A/C unit would trip circuit breakers in house. Cause was 3 defective parts and wiring issues within unit. In 7/2009 we woke to no power in the house. Trane compressor had heated to the point of melting, which tripped the main circuit breakers to the house. Repair company said we were lucky our house didn't burn down. Compressor was covered, but not the $600 labor, plus we had to replace the variable speed motor for $315. Two weeks ago, unit stopped cooling, was low on coolant. Repairman thinks there may be an issue with coil. Today A/C unit trips main circuit breaker again. This time fried wires in system. Fuses failed to blow to prevent issue we experienced. We chose Trane for it's reliability (so we thought). Save yourself lots of money, buy a different brand - NOT TRANE!

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: S.Scott

"2 much Hassle"
This unit was installed back in 2004 and I have had nothing but problems. Every year starting in 2006 my ac unit needs to be fixed. Now the compressor has failed and the installer is waiting for trane to call them back to see if it is still covered under warranty. I hope this part is still covered b/c if not I heard it can be rather expensive. I see previous reviews talking about installers and that could be the problem. I have learned over the years that the cheap way is not always the best way...thanks to Mitchell Homes!

Date created: 2010-08-11 Name: S. Barker

"Wow not impressed..."
Guess I am part of the club now. Purchased my brand new home august 2007. As of now I have had 2 evaporator coils leak freon and the bearings go out in the fan outside....seems to be a very common occurrence going on here.. I read multiple reviews and they all sound like what I am writing now. Thank you for the poor workmanship trane. Definitely won't be buying another unit from you when this one kicks the bucket.

Date created: 2010-08-10 Name: Diane Collier

"Trane AC bad product"
We have had nothing but trouble with the Trane ac unit for the upstairs in out house. The unit was a month past 5 years and the compressor went. This year so far we have had condensation problems, refrigerent problems and now it looks like we have a bit leak and have to replace something. We have had Lenox systems in two houses. One for tweny years and that one is still going strong and it is now 23 years. Will never have another trane.

Date created: 2010-08-10 Name: Keith

"Trane Reviews"
I have a Warm Air License in Georgia and currently in business selling Trane equipment as our #1 brand. We have been using Trane for well over 12 years and I keep reading about all of the Trane compressors that are failing. If the contractors that are installing the equipment is not taking all of the necessary precautions to the equipment it can shorten the life of the compressor. They should replace the copper lines when replacing the system when possible, they shouldn't replace an ac unit on an evaporator coil that is over 10-15 years this could cause damage, pressurize the system with a dry nitrogen to check for leaks that wont put moisture into the system, they should pull a vacuum on the complete system to remove moisture out of the lines and coils. This also removes any impurities that may be in the lines, air flow could also kill the compressor (not enough return air to the system, kinked duct work). The contractor should be looking for things that could cause these issues instead of just trying to collect a check. If a compressor is failing there is usually a problem unless an act of god caused the damage, sometimes they do fail but precautions should be taken. Trane offers an Extended Warranty on 10 Year Part & Labor for a realitive small amount. Most contractors don't offer these small add-ons.

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: M. Cather

"Dissatisfied Customer"
New home is 6 years old with Trane ac. Last month had to replace condensor fan and now told the evaporator coil is leaking down. Not only is the system junk but they charge stupid prices for replacments. Almost $400 for the fan and now $1800 for the coil, installed in a 3 1/2 ton system.

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: R. Derieg

"5 ton a/c"
Our unit stopped cooling at 3 yrs. Our installer ordered a new condenser which took almost two weeks to come in. They replaced it and charged us for labor. This is a faulty design. I would never buy another Trane. Our previous a/c's lasted for up to 20 years without a problem....one was a Luxaire and the other was a Ruud. We had the Trane furnace and a/c installed and found the furnace works well, but the a/c is definitely very badly designed. Now I'm wondering if the same thing is going to happen again and maybe not under parts warranty.

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>