Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-06-05 Name: Duane Purvin

"Resurrection"
Well, I must change my mind due to the hard work of Abundant Air and their success in breathing life into Frankentrane. With the help of a specialist at Trane, assorted engineers and a dedicated Abundant employee, the lifeless corpse coughed and started with an accompanying yell from the Abundant Air employee..."It Lives, It lives". As in The Flight of the Phoenix it seems that hammers do have a place in machine repair. Thanks

Date created: 2018-06-04 Name: Duane Purvin
Location: Texas

"My Trane is broken my warranty denied.."
Like Frankenstein, my Trane was assembled by craftsmen with wild hopes that their product would come alive, but no, like Dracula left in the sun, it lay there dead in its box. $8100.00 of useless metal that when electricity was applied, sent warm gas from its bowels, made sounds similar to the hammers used to install it. As a multiple stroke victim I sit here in my special chair in 84+ degree heat as the Doomsday Machine hangs above me, inert, silent, watching me sweat and gasp while I read over and over the word Trane, destroyer of my world. New, I was refused a Warranty upon installation because "that is a liability we do not want"..Beware, the next Trane built to Last, 4 minutes, the absence of support and even denial that it exists is what Trane considers customer service. Installer? Dealer Abundant Air will not even take it away at a total loss to me.
Date created: 2018-05-25 Name: Becky
Location: Missouri

"Terrible Warranty Policy"
Our unit is only 5 years old and the condenser coil went out. Our service company did a great job and Trane's customer service were quick to call but didn't do anything to make it right. We are stuck with the bill for labor and gas that leaked out of the unit. I'm just wondering why we are having to pay the labor bill whenever it's their faulty part that caused the problem. We won't buy or recommend another Trane product.
Date created: 2018-05-22 Name: Russ Gevertz

"Garbage"
You want to buy equipment that needs a huge amount of money to keep running....buy Trane. This equipment isn't even a good value as boat anchor. You buy, you lose.
Date created: 2018-05-16 Name: Paul
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Ductless does not dehumidify"
&#8234;Bought a Trane ductless a/c from Home Depot last year. It cools but does not dehumidify. Neither Trane nor Home Depot would take responsibility.&#8236;
Date created: 2018-05-15 Name: Phil M.
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

"Nothing stops a Trane....except its own dependability"
I purchased a new Trane system in August 2013. My old unit was removed and the new unit installed without fuse and the company (msco) did very good work in this action. However, within just a few months, I had to call repeatedly to find out why my unit kept blowing its fuse and shutting off. I finally had to request someone capable of doing a complete "top to bottom" review of the system and was told "It hadn't been insulated at a wiring point properly and was causing the short". Again, msco repaired this and my unit worked until about a year later the compressor failed. I had to call for replacement and installation and the unit was operational once more. This month, I started up the unit and no cold air would come out. I called MSCO and they came out quickly, but upon evaluation of the unit, we were told the compressor had failed once more. The system was still under warranty, but now we are being charged almost $1100 in labor costs. I asked why this occurred and was informed that "labor" isn't covered by warranty and I should have purchased a "labor warranty" at installation. I am now writing this to you as I am thoroughly dissatisfied with Trane products and service. Although your people are polite and quick to respond, it seems I have to be made to bear the brunt of cost, inconvenience and discomfort when it is too hot or too cold.
Date created: 2018-05-04 Name: Marla Agler

"Completely disappointed"
I would not put another Trane system in our house if you gave it to me for free. We have had nothing but trouble with this top of the line unit. Please learn from my $12,000.00 mistake and do not purchase a Trane unit.
Date created: 2018-02-09 Name: K. Herman
Location: Florida

"Evaporator coil"
This is the second time in 2 years that the evaporator coil has gone out. Trane only wants to cover $390.00 of the $590.00 cost of replacement. They say that they can't guarantee this will be the last time. The first time it went out the unit was only 5 mo.old. I feel like I've been sold a "lemon"
Date created: 2017-12-27 Name: Paul
Location: Palm Beach County, FL

"Donít buy it"
I this Trane unit for only 3 years and already have broken countless times. The last one is leaking in the coil $550.00 to fix. Garbage donít buy it donít make the same mistake that I have done. Itís only name but they gonna loose it as well
Date created: 2017-12-05 Name: T. Paull
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"HORRIBLE NEVER BUY AGAIN"
I absolutely hate our Trane HVAC. We respected their name, used to be a sign of quality, when we replaced our HVAC 10 years ago. Paid extra for that name. First one failed and left us in August heat in Florida for a week. Installed entire new unit and we have had repeated calls throughout the 10 years, despite quarterly service check ups. Now, just 2 weeks after the 10 year warranty expired, they tell us the unit is "shot" and we need an entirely new one. Just two weeks after expiration of warranty. We called Trane Customer Service for any assistance; nope, terrible customer service person just read from a script and offered absolutely nothing. Great customer service, because now I will be certain to tell everyone about the worse HVAC unit I've ever had and the worse customer service experience I've had in years. Here goes another $7,000 out for a new one right before Christmas and Trane couldn't care less. Never buy their products ever!!
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>