Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-06-24 Name: stephanie
Location: Dallas, TX

"Horrible Policy"
Brand new $15,000 system in for 1 year, valve malfunctions and it cost us $800. Trane replaces the defective valve at no cost, but won't cover the labor and Freon cost that their faulty valve caused! Don't buy Trane!!!

Date created: 2017-06-23 Name: M. Callahan
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Do Not Buy a Trane"
I paid over $6,000 for my Trane air conditioner and in the 7 years I have ones it has broken down 3 times with repair cost of over $2,000. What a piece of junk

Date created: 2017-06-12 Name: B Woodard
Location: Union, SC

"POOR PRODUCT"
A new unit installed in 2014. Not one season (winter or summer ) has passed without some problem. Dealer that installed it has charged me for a service call every time. Just had to have a new compressor! Trane products are a money pit and warranty sucks. Buy anything but a Trane!

Date created: 2017-05-17 Name: Dana Carter
Location: Bryan, TX

"Dont Buy"
Don't waste your money on this product or any Trane product. It's to much red tape to the warranty and they do anything to get out of it. Go with another system..

Date created: 2017-05-11 Name: Sandeep bansal
Location: Delhi, India

"Pathetic Service"
I bought 4 Trane A/C (2 Inverter + 2 5 star) in April 2015, all 4 AC already repaired in 2 years. Worse is Trane after sale service it took 20 days for them to replace a part that part was also paid spare part. We paid premium of 20-25% for these AC as compare to other available in market with promise of best quality and technology, but these product are not up to mark. We pay premium for product with expectation of service but company product does not command any special specification compare to other available product in market. Service is pathetic and even team has no sense to talk to consumer, they behave like doing some favor to consumer. Even AC remote which Trane claim to be of international level, 2 remotes already stopped working in 2 years. Personally recommend avoid Trane product, as in City like Delhi they have only 3 engineer for service and every time for same complaint different person came to attend and you keep explaining the things to them. These products are not fully tested for Indian Market, these just imported and sold, company have no stock of spare parts. Normally you will face problem after the warranty period of One year.

Date created: 2017-04-06 Name: Debra DeWitt
Location: Florida

"Don't Buy Trane"
I have put more money into this Trane unit that I purchased in 2009 than all of the ac units I've owned in the past 35 years combined. Nothing both motors blew within 8 years and neither was covered by there warranty. I'll never buy Trane again.

Date created: 2017-02-01 Name: Greg Jacobs
Location: Wilmington, NC

"Very poor quality and warranty is worthless. They do not back their products."
Trane unit is over-priced and unreliable as my unit has cost me in non- warranty repairs more than $3000 dollars over the past 8 years! They advertise 10 year warranty but don't buy into it they warrant nothing. There's always a reason why it's not covered!

Date created: 2017-01-31 Name: Jimmy
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"Trane Wreck"
Caveat emptor! Simply put do not spend your hard earned money on this undependable, shoddy made predictably expensive trash. There's good reason this product has a one Star rating from victims who have made the mistake and will continue to pay the cost until they replace it. In the 3 1/2 years I've had it I had 5 breakdowns costing me over $1,000 in service. My latest was Christmas Day 2016 with a houseful of out of town guest suffering through dinner in the heat. Did I mention we live in South Florida! Can't wait until I can yank this tin can out of here and get a real Air Conditioner.

Date created: 2016-12-01 Name: George Douglas
Location: West Virginia

"Trane products are fantastic"
I have owned a Trane furnace and air conditioner for 10 years. They have been fantastic units. I have never had a problem with either unit. I can't understand all the negative comments about Trane. In my area they are held in great regard. They are high quality and very dependable. I would recommend them to anyone.

Date created: 2016-09-27 Name: H Park
Location: Central Kentucky

"Pure junk."
I have had central air with gas heat since 1968. During this time I have had 6 different brands (in 4 different houses), most of them lasted beyond the average expected lifetime for an AC system. Thirty-seven months ago I had a new Trane system installed and it is now leaking Freon and won't cool. The evaporator coil is suspect (because that is usual?). The coil is under warranty but the labor and miscellaneous are projected to be $1,500. Absurd! I am retired and on a fixed income and tried to provide an AC system that would last for years, hopefully the rest of my life. Having a coil fail in three years tells me this is totally junk. I would never buy another Trane. I highly and seriously recommend that you don't either.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>