Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-06-23 Name: MAHENDRA ANANDANI AGRA
Location: AGRA, INDIA

"Bad experience"
Very bad experience. I will not suggest to anybody in Agra that they buy a Trane AC.

Date created: 2015-05-27 Name: PIYUSH
Location: Ahmedabad, India

"Do not buy Trane"
1. I had bought 3 units of 1.5 ton and 3 units of 1 ton split ACs in April 2014 from your dealer. 2. I was supplied with a 2012 model without bringing it to my notice. It tantamount to cheating. 3. I was further disappointed when the installation work was shoddily done. Indoor unit slopes were not maintained and water accumulates inside, creating a bad smell every time I switch on. 4. I was further disappointed when I found that the batteries drained within 10 days. Many times while going to sleep I had to search for new batteries and spoil my sleep in turn. 5. I was further aggrieved when I found that the unit always starts in 'Trane' mode, irrespective of what I set last. 6. I was further distressed to find that the electrical relay, which controls the compressor, makes a loud thud sound every time it switches on/off. 7. To add to my woes, the indoor unit makes a loud hissing sound when the compressor starts. When the dealer tried to re-vacuum, a lot of machine oil came out from the refrigerant lines. 8. Your Indian representatives, M/s. Ingresol Rand, sent their senior official, Mr. Shailesh Brahmbhatt on various occasions. Lastly, he promised to replace all the units with new models at a reasonable price difference, which I accepted, but he never fulfilled his promise.

Date created: 2015-05-26 Name: N Bluestein
Location: New York, NY

"4TTM3042A1000AA - Trane does not stand by new product warranty"
We purchased a house in which there was a new Trane HVAC installed by an authorized dealer. I just found out that the warranty does not cover a new owner of the house. Trane only transfers the warranty to the new owner if several steps occurred - first, the original owner and authorized dealer they used were suppose to register the product (they did not); then, within 90 days of closing, the original owner had to pay a fee and file formal transfer papers with Trane.

Date created: 2015-04-06 Name: MD
Location: Miami, FL

"Can't use your own filter"
We have two new Tranes, two years old. If you own them, you will need to blow out the lines with a pneumatic compressed air machine to prevent leaking. One blow out by a service person won't be enough. They cool well and save money on your electric bill. They might not fit on your existing outside concrete slab, so check before buying. The thing I can't stand is that you can't get changeable filters to slide in them and you're stuck using their filter, which does nothing for dust control or pollen. The Trane website sells air filtering machines for much more money and you get the filters from Trane. Filters are very expensive. If I had known this, I would not have bought one. My house, floors, everything gets dusty so fast it's ridiculous.

Date created: 2015-01-03 Name: R. Jones
Location: Sebastian, FL

"Do not buy a Trane"
If I could give this 0 stars I would. We purchased a Trane 2 years ago to replace an older, different brand unit that was inefficient but operating fine. The previous unit was about 20 years old. So far, we have had 9 service calls and spent over $1200 fixing this new Trane. It has had major issues, including a replaced compressor and cracked drain pan. The most recent issue caused a water leak at the air handler and ruined my wood floors. Labor is not covered under their warranty so expect to pay a lot out of pocket. I requested a complete product replacement from Trane, to which they replied they would send it to corporate and they had no idea when I would get an answer. So, at this point we will be buying a different unit. Goodman and Amana seem to be more reliable. I will try to get my money back from Trane but I highly doubt that will happen. Either way, I will not continue to throw good money after bad. Trane is no longer a superior product. I would not even say they are in the top ten. They have outsourced their parts to save money and it shows in their useless equipment. You are paying for a name and one that is no longer good, at that.

Date created: 2014-11-14 Name: M Bassett
Location: Coral Springs, FL

"In 4 years, 2 new units have cost 40% more in repairs."
We purchased two brand new air conditioners after the house was only 9 years old. Both Trane, one 3 ton and one 5 ton. They both sound like freight trains coming through the house. We were told this is normal. 3 years later, the 5 ton had condenser coil leaks. 8 months later, the other unit froze. A new evaporator coil was added. 1 month later, and a leak in the outside coils was flooding my house. We have now paid 40% of what the new units cost in service charges, Freon, and dye to find the leaks. These units are very noisy, gurgle, hiss, pop, whine etc. We will never buy a Trane air conditioner again.

Date created: 2014-10-28 Name: jp
Location: Coral Springs, FL

"Paid for the best and got junk!"
Had a working Rheem replaced with a supposedly increased efficiency Trane unit. The Trane unit has never worked right. It trips the breaker 4-5 times per day. If we are not here to reset the unit, it just keeps running and making it hotter! It burnt out its own compressor after less than 2 years, which had to be replaced for $650 (supposedly under warranty). We have paid for multiple electrical repairs (not cheap) including: increased amp breaker twice, tightening wire, installing a "kick up" unit to prevent the breaker trip. It operates at a higher cost, makes the house hotter than outside, and costs a fortune in repairs. The A/C installer, "Air America", does not stand behind their work.

Date created: 2014-09-05 Name: j.forward
Location: Goodlettsville, TN

"Don't buy a Trane"
Every year since I have had this unit, I have had to have unit fixed. Even the ac guy went to shop and looked at my records and can not believe how many times someone has had to come and and fix unit.

Date created: 2014-08-30 Name: Rac
Location: Slidell, LA

"4 years old and shot to hell"
Had this Trane installed 4 years ago. It has never cooled off my house like it's supposed to. The people who installed it could never find out what was wrong with it. Thermostat set on 72 degrees during the summer but it never gets to that temp till about 9:00 P.m at night, so it runs continuously during the day. Have had other a/c techs check it out and same issue - it will not cool off the house. I have contacted Trane since I had the unit installed and all they would say is to deal with the installer, which I did for the first 2 years of ownership. Trane was not helpful at all. Just yesterday the unit stopped blowing its semi cooled air !! I checked the air temp coming out the vents and it was 80 degrees. Called an a/c company to come check it out and they say the compressor is shot to hell now!! I believe it's under warranty still but have not been able to contact Trane because of the holiday weekend. So that will have to wait until Tuesday to try and get in touch with them. Even if the compressor is covered by the warranty, the cost of labor will not be. This is ridiculous that this 4 year old unit's compressor is already done for. $6000 wasted on this pos!! 4 years of it never cooling properly and now this!! Trane is junk!!

Date created: 2014-08-22 Name: P THOR
Location: Arizona

"Nothing stops a Trane. It's REAL."
Took down 25 year old Trane last week. Replaced with new XL 1400. Never a problem. I think this is all that needs to be said.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>