Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1011121314151617181920212223242526272829Next >>

Date created: 2010-10-26 Name: B. SMITH

"FRUSTRATED"
Coils on units are a BIG PROBLEM. CONSTANT REPLACEMENT NEEDED.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: Martin Joyce
Location: Bradenton

"Variable speed air handler problems"
Much the same story others have told. Evaporator coil is bad and for $1600 I will have a six year old unit with a new coil. This is the third part to fail on the air handler so I'm thinking of dumping the air handler and buying another to get the 10 year warranty.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: M. Glisson

"Bad coil"
After just 3 1/2 years I am replacing the coil in my AC unit which is just 3 1/2 years old. The first service call with the addition of freon cost $335.00. After ordering a new coil (under warranty) labor and start up cost another $450.00. Trane is now the last one on my list a being reliable.

Date created: 2010-09-27 Name: dont blame me
Location: the South

"OWNER"
I have been a Trane dealer for 15 years. The reason I like Trane equip. is because of the quality of material they use on the equipment compared to other manufactures. Trane and American Standard (my opinion) are the best equipment available. I am very meticulous when it comes to quality and doing things right. I do know that the majority of consumers know very little about HVAC and can be taken advantage of easily. I also know that HVAC installs MUST be done correctly or you will have problems. There are so many variables when dealing with HVAC, (proper refrigerant charge and airflow calculation) are the most important . If you cut corners it will bite you later. The hundreds of systems I have installed over the years I have only replaced (1) warranty compressor. Most of the reviews I have read seem like install problems to me. Trane is no different than Porsche, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc. They are all great until they break. Don't forget about maintenance, how many of you do nothing for preventive maintenance and are surprissed when something fails. OH...hurry, change the filter! A/C units are like cars or anything mechanical, you have to take care of them to get maximum performance. How many of you make sure condenser and evaporator coils remain clean? Condenstae drain lines are maintained? All moving parts are lubricated....etc. Seriously, don't blame Trane, they do make the best equipment. Let me say something, being in business for 30 years. It is extremely difficult finding people that really care about doing the right thing and treating people (the consumer) with respect. Being honest and taking pride in your work seems to be a thing of the past for some people. That is exactly why I have no full time employees and I do all my work myself. I have a wonderful relationship with all my customers. I wish I could assist all the unsatisfied people here, I know I could change your mind about Trane products. If I can be of any help please let me know.....

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: Greg F.
Location: New Orleans, LA

"Train Units"
I am a general contractor in South Louisiana, I built 198 homes in 2007, and I used 2 different A/C contractors to install my A/C units. One of them installs Luxair and the other installs Trane. I have run the numbers and I have had a 54% warranty call on the luxair and only 7% on the Trane. Granted that the installers make a huge difference of the efficiency of the unit and to be sure it is sized correct for the space it is cooling or heating. Make sure the installers run a J manual on your house before they sale you a unit. The Train install are great installer and I challenge them. One of the biggest things to look for is air leaks and to make sure your system is charged correctly. My installers tell me that Trane recommends they weigh the 410A coolant instead of just using gauges. If I had to get a unit installed it would be a Trane...

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: stan cooper

"Xl16i"
Looking at

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: Kyle Robinson
Location: Winterville NC

"Air conditioner"
Great AC with no major problems

Date created: 2010-09-13 Name: JF
Location: Bernardsville, NJ

"Very dissatisfied with Trane a/c"
Had I known that I would get only 5 years from the a/c, I would never have spent the money for Trane. The Carrier a/c I had previously lasted over 10 years without a problem.

Date created: 2010-08-24 Name: Scott Hoffer
Location: The Villages, Fl

"Leaking coils"
Unit is 2 yrs old. Coils leaking freon in 2 places. Total labor cost > $700.00. Parts covered by warrenty. Can I expect this EVERY 2 years?

Date created: 2010-08-19 Name: dianna