Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>

Date created: 2011-04-27 Name: S W
Location: Arlington, VA

"CRAP!!!!!"
Brand new a/c ... Trane. Installed March 29, 2011. April 24, 2011, try to actually use it. IT DOESN'T WORK. It needs a new compressor. The new compressor won't be in until April 29. So, I get to try to sleep in a too warm, extremely humid house for four nights and then take another day off work. Of course, the forecast for April 29 is for temps in the 40s & 50s ... until then in the 80s with extremely high humidity. I HATE TRANE!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2011-04-26 Name: E. Edwards
Location: southeast Michigan

"Totally undepedable"
Specified Trane equipment when we built our home in 2001 because I "thought it was the best" - certainly the most expensive. Constant problems with the furnace and the AC. In a four year period, we had 45 service calls. Granted the service calls were covered under warranty, but somehow that does not make it better when it 97 degrees sweltering and the ac breaks down on a Friday afternoon. e.g. stopped working, coils froze up numerous times, freon disappearing out of the system. Same with the furnace-Sensing relay was replaced at least five times and it always seemed to break down when the weather is the coldest. Replaced the entire system in 2005

Date created: 2011-04-20 Name: Mike
Location: Pittsburg, PA

"GREAT RESULTS"
Replaced a Carrier that was nothing but problems. This Trane is great, three years running and its saved us money with no problems.

Date created: 2011-04-19 Name: Doug
Location: D

"Best quality"
Bought XC95M with X15i. Along with Trane Effects and April Air Humidifier. AN expensive set-up but worth every penny. I can't imagine in my wildest dreams why some people have had issues, can only attribute to poor installs. Our last furnace lasted 5 years due to what I now have learned is poor installation. Pick a great installer first and make sure they show you how they sized the furnace. The measured every room and window. Found duct work inadequate, current furnace was undersized, along with several other issues. All resulted in premature failure of the Lennox system.

Date created: 2011-04-19 Name: John
Location: Akron, OH

"Great Quality"
Great furnace. No problems in 4 years. would buy again. Replaced a Carrier system that was a piece of junk - despite being called their top of the line system - after only 6 years.

Date created: 2011-04-09 Name: D.HYATT
Location: LEXINGTON, KY

"XE1000"
I BOUGHT THE XE1000 IN 2003 SINCE THEN I'VE SPENT AROUND $1000 IN REPAIRS. THE LAST 3YRS AT THE BEGINNING OF SPRING THERE'S BEEN PROBLEMS WITH THIS UNIT. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TRANE, WHEN TRANE SAYS THEY MAKE QUALITY IT'S A LIE. IF YOU BEY A TRANE THEN KEEP YOUR CHECK BOOK CLOSE.

Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: Robert Andres
Location: Naples, FL

"Noisy Fan Motor"
I am a noise consultant called upon to try to solve a problem with a Trane unit (mentioned above) that is generating a pure tone sound in the 240Hz frequency band. I believe that it is hysterisis noise from the fan motor, but customer service at Trane and the local dealer appear clueless. I want to talk with an engineer, but no one returns our calls. If we don't get this resolved, I will have no choice but to delist Trane as an acceptable replacement unit in this condo community.

Date created: 2011-03-12 Name: Howard
Location: Southeast Florida

"Get the right Trane for the application"
I'm a south Florida contractor, and there are some Trane units I don't recommend for certain locations. Some contractors sell you what they make the most money on. You need to do your homework on your equipment and your contractor. The equipment may not be the problem but rather the installation. It is said 70% of all installs are improperly done. Here's a couple of points to look for: should you use the existing copper lines, should you enlarge the return air in the home, is two stage cooling worth the extra money, and should I clean my ducts. Another good point is some size units have better value then others. For example Trane XL 16 is a better value at 3 tons then the 20I. There both two stage cooling and 18 seer rating. The 16 I is around 1300 -1900 less. If you want more information or have question email me at [email protected]

Date created: 2011-03-09 Name: RG

"I WILL NEVER BUY TRANE AGAIN"
I HAVE HAD A TRANE FOR 3 YEARS...BRAND NEW UNIT ON NEW CONSTRUCTION HOUSE...EVERY ONE OF THE THREE YEARS I HAVE HAD THE INFAMOUS FREON LEAK EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT WITH TRANE...I SEE SOMEONE ON HERE SAY THAT THE PROBLEM IS AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR MEN SCAMS, BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO CALL THE GUY IN THE FIRST PLACE IF THE FREON HAD NOT RUN OUT...REPLACED THE COIL THE FIRST YEAR...280.00...REPLACED THE COIL THE SECOND YEAR...280.00 AND NOW AGAIN...THE REPAIR GUY SAYS THAT TRANE REPLACES THE COIL FOR 5 YEARS BUT I HAVE TO PAY THE 280.00 LABOR FEE...SO AFTER THE 5TH YEAR, I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE COIL TOO, SO IT WILL BE WAY MORE ONCE THE WARRANTY RUNS OUT...REPAIR GUY SAYS THEY ARE MAKING THE COILS VERY THIN...WILL NEVER BUY TRANE AGAIN

Date created: 2011-03-02 Name: MEL LOCKLEAR
Location: CORINTH, TX

"BUYER BEWARE TRANE XL20I"
THIS IS THE TOP OF THE LINE FROM TRANE. IT IS SOLD TO CONSUMERS AS TO HOW WELL IT IS BUILT AND TESTED HOWEVER WITHIN 6 MONTHS FAILURE OF BOTH COMPRESSORS AS WELL AS SOME UNKNOWN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM. TRANE STATES THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED, BUT IS UNWILLING TO REPLACE THE COMPRESSOR UNIT, INDICATING THERE MUST BE THREE EVENTS BEFORE THEY WILL CONSIDER AND THE FAILURE OF BOTH COMPRESSORS IS CONSIDERED ONE.....IF THEY ARE NO MORE WILLING TO STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT THEN THIS YOU MAY WANT TO RETHINK TRANE

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>