Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: Jack R.

"Love It !"
I've owned Trane systems in 5 homes over the last 40 years. Our latest home we built 8 years ago and would only consider putting in a Trane , base don our experiences. They are the best quality A/C systems made - period. When installed corrctly they last. Our prior home had it's Trane system for over 15 years and it was still running great.

Date created: 2011-06-08 Name: P .l

"Very Bad"
I had this for 5 years and each summer I have to call to fix the air condition-it is one thing or the other. I will not recommend for anyone-epeciall Air comfort Heating and A/C Inc. MN

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: Jake Z.

"Very Satisfied !"
Our new Trane Central A/C is extremely quiet and reliable. The installation technicians knew what they were doing, were thorough, uniformed, tested the installation, and cleaned up afterwards. Our electric bills are unbelievably low, we were surprised. The pricing was most fair and the warranty excellent.

Date created: 2011-06-05 Name: J Desh
Location: Milton, Fl.

"NEARLY CAUGHT FIRE"
Had this system for 3 years, 4 months, paid for regular yrly serv. Fri. at 107 degree temperature, it popped loudly, cut off then started arcing and sizzling and crackling, inside our A/C closet. My husband figured out the outside unit was sending power spikes into the inside. There was sparks flying inside. It finally blew our main house breaker. After turning off the A/C breaker, we can hear it hissing and I am sure the freon is filling our house. He thinks there was arcing throughout the coils and it burnt through. We called for service and found it will be a week before anyone will show up from ARS of Pensacola, (the installer). I worry it may have caught fire if we weren't home. Although it was making such frightening noises we were afraid to go near it to turn the breakers off. They also informed us we are out of warranty and will have to pay. Meantime we are sweltering in 100+ temperatures. This was supposed to be top quality. We haven't noticed any change in our electric bills either.

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Darren

"THE BEST !"
These units are heavy duty and American Made! Trane designs and manufactures almost all of its internal parts in house for their compressors. Their coil system is proven to be the most efficient and best. Hearing a couple complaints about leaks is a joke, I've see cooper coils leak more often due to soldered joints leaking - the Trane coils is one single tube - NO soldered joints! Even the outershell is a specialize galvanized steel that will outlast any other coating from competitor units. I have to laugh when I see some of the complaints..especially when people blame dog pee of coil leaks! You would have to your dog pee on the alum coil tube for 20 years for it to leak...if you do ANY maintenance like you should such as cleaning the A/C coils yearly it won't be a problem. By the way, the alum fins/soldered joints on copper coils will be as susceptible to dog pee as fins! You could also trane the dog to not pee on your A/C Unit ......get it.... trane the dog :> Rest assured most problems are because people go with poor installers to save a few bucks who will make mistakes like over/under charging the coolant, etc..

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Stephanie Angelos
Location: Seattle, WA

"Not Reliable"
Our six year old Trane XL 16i central air conditioning system requires $1,300 in repairs. This is very frustrating since Trane bosts reliablity and quality. The TXV valve has failed which requires a complete R&R of the system. We live in Seattle so our a/c doesn't get a lot of use. I would hate to rely on TRANE if I lived in a hot climate. I would NOT BUY TRANE AGAIN. We have a two stage system which is should improve the longevity of the system. Considering the price we paid, this has been a very poor investment. It also needed some sort of repair in the first year and even though it was not under warranty, I complained enough that the HVAC contractor did not charge me. I don't recall what the problem was. AVOID TRANE

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Gary W.

""11 year old Trane is perfect""
I had my ac condenser replaced 11 years ago with a Trane unit. I just change the filter every 3 months. Otherwise, it is maintenance free and keeps me cool.

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Hall

"Highly Recommend"
Replaced a 10 year old system with a new Trane X15i system two years ago. What a great system! The installer was admiment about installing a matched system - A/C, Coil and Furnace(xr90). Its night and day from our prior system. The installer threw in a free 1 year maintance program after the installation, they camme out in the fall and spring to prep the system for the comming season. It also gave us free energency calls(if needed - never were). The installer said they never give free maintance contracts out on other equipment due to the amount if issues they get on other equipment. Great Product !!!!! and great Service !!!

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Willy
Location: Rolling Fork, LA

"Hop on this Trane"
We've owned our Trane for 14 years. Its been a great system. Recently it started having some issues after a hailstorm blew through. The casing took a beating, the system still works but we had to have the maintenance guy come out to check the system. He found a some damage to the coil from the storm. He said it looked like someone took a hammer to the case. He was nice and was able to repair the damage, althoug the case looks like crap after the hail.

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Joshua K.
Location: Rock Hill, S.C.

"TRANE - best system you can buy"
I have a Trane setup that is 11 years old - no problems what so ever. Still runs like new! I have three rental homes, all with Trane. Replaced a Carrier and Rudd system in two of the homes that were complete junk. The Carrier was 6 years old when the compressor died the Rudd was installed about 7 years ago and I got feed up with maintenance calls from my renter. We live in a very hot and humid climate and these systems need to be solid. My third rental has had a Trane system for 8 years and like my private residence it runs great. My real life experience with A?C systems over 30 years bring me back to Trane as the best systems you can buy.

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>