Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Stephanie Angelos
Location: Seattle, WA

"Not Reliable"
Our six year old Trane XL 16i central air conditioning system requires $1,300 in repairs. This is very frustrating since Trane bosts reliablity and quality. The TXV valve has failed which requires a complete R&R of the system. We live in Seattle so our a/c doesn't get a lot of use. I would hate to rely on TRANE if I lived in a hot climate. I would NOT BUY TRANE AGAIN. We have a two stage system which is should improve the longevity of the system. Considering the price we paid, this has been a very poor investment. It also needed some sort of repair in the first year and even though it was not under warranty, I complained enough that the HVAC contractor did not charge me. I don't recall what the problem was. AVOID TRANE

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Gary W.

""11 year old Trane is perfect""
I had my ac condenser replaced 11 years ago with a Trane unit. I just change the filter every 3 months. Otherwise, it is maintenance free and keeps me cool.

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Hall

"Highly Recommend"
Replaced a 10 year old system with a new Trane X15i system two years ago. What a great system! The installer was admiment about installing a matched system - A/C, Coil and Furnace(xr90). Its night and day from our prior system. The installer threw in a free 1 year maintance program after the installation, they camme out in the fall and spring to prep the system for the comming season. It also gave us free energency calls(if needed - never were). The installer said they never give free maintance contracts out on other equipment due to the amount if issues they get on other equipment. Great Product !!!!! and great Service !!!

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Willy
Location: Rolling Fork, LA

"Hop on this Trane"
We've owned our Trane for 14 years. Its been a great system. Recently it started having some issues after a hailstorm blew through. The casing took a beating, the system still works but we had to have the maintenance guy come out to check the system. He found a some damage to the coil from the storm. He said it looked like someone took a hammer to the case. He was nice and was able to repair the damage, althoug the case looks like crap after the hail.

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Joshua K.
Location: Rock Hill, S.C.

"TRANE - best system you can buy"
I have a Trane setup that is 11 years old - no problems what so ever. Still runs like new! I have three rental homes, all with Trane. Replaced a Carrier and Rudd system in two of the homes that were complete junk. The Carrier was 6 years old when the compressor died the Rudd was installed about 7 years ago and I got feed up with maintenance calls from my renter. We live in a very hot and humid climate and these systems need to be solid. My third rental has had a Trane system for 8 years and like my private residence it runs great. My real life experience with A?C systems over 30 years bring me back to Trane as the best systems you can buy.

Date created: 2011-06-02 Name: Jesse Evans
Location: STERLING, VA

"Trane Is Junk"
I have a Trane Model TWE040E13FB0. It is 11 years old. The Unit has completely stopped working 3 times in 11 Years. I have a maintenance contract with B&B Air Conditioning & Heating Service Company, Sterling, VA. There is constant maintenance and I am now informed the unit is designed to last 10 Years and then be replaced. I now have to replace the unit after 10 years.

Date created: 2011-06-01 Name: Wil
Location: Hopewell, VA

"Trane = CRAP"
Had a Trane 3 and one half ton unit for 2 years, the aluminum coils leaked like a siv. Got a Ruud and love it! Anything with an aluminum coil sucks! stay away! I have a ruud scroll compressor with all copper! LOVE IT!

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: TAC
Location: Batavia IL

"On for the first time today- BAD BAD BAD"
Installed in FEB 2011- turned on for the first time on May 30, 2011. Outside unit did not work at all. Inside: incredibly noisy- can't sleep with it on- sound penetrated across the house, through doors and bathrooms into bedroom.! Two-toned hum from hell! Torture! ON all day and it only lowered the temp inside from 82 to 78. Service man claims this is the way they work and tried to blame me for not paying more than the $4500 I paid. He claims I got a "cheap unit and you got what you paid for."

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: Jerry S.

"Highly Rercommend"
3 Years running with no issues. We live in hot and humid South Carolina, this A/C works hard and has never been a problem. We get the A/C serviced yearly under contract - the best $ I've ever spent.

Date created: 2011-05-26 Name: P Nessman
Location: FL

"Beyond bad"
My three year old air condtioner has been through three leaky coils. Each coil involves expensive labor costs and long waits for parts. Trane's products and customer service are bitterly disappointing.

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>