Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2011-06-01 Name: Wil
Location: Hopewell, VA

"Trane = CRAP"
Had a Trane 3 and one half ton unit for 2 years, the aluminum coils leaked like a siv. Got a Ruud and love it! Anything with an aluminum coil sucks! stay away! I have a ruud scroll compressor with all copper! LOVE IT!

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: TAC
Location: Batavia IL

"On for the first time today- BAD BAD BAD"
Installed in FEB 2011- turned on for the first time on May 30, 2011. Outside unit did not work at all. Inside: incredibly noisy- can't sleep with it on- sound penetrated across the house, through doors and bathrooms into bedroom.! Two-toned hum from hell! Torture! ON all day and it only lowered the temp inside from 82 to 78. Service man claims this is the way they work and tried to blame me for not paying more than the $4500 I paid. He claims I got a "cheap unit and you got what you paid for."

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: Jerry S.

"Highly Rercommend"
3 Years running with no issues. We live in hot and humid South Carolina, this A/C works hard and has never been a problem. We get the A/C serviced yearly under contract - the best $ I've ever spent.

Date created: 2011-05-26 Name: P Nessman
Location: FL

"Beyond bad"
My three year old air condtioner has been through three leaky coils. Each coil involves expensive labor costs and long waits for parts. Trane's products and customer service are bitterly disappointing.

Date created: 2011-05-25 Location: Grand Junction, CO

"Trane Offers Reliability and Efficiency"
This is the air conditioner that was on our home when we moved in about a year ago. It has been dependable for the most part. The best part about this air conditioner is the efficiency. As soon as we moved in, we noticed our utility bills were lower than where we had previously lived, and because the new house is a little bigger we expected the opposite. After doing some research, I'm convinced the TRANE model air conditioner has a lot to do with it. Even though it's rated standard efficiency, this thing uses much less energy than those older models. It has a built in air filtration system as well, which is nice in the summer. We did have it break down one time during the dead heat of summer, but a maintenance man was able to take care of the problem the next day without ordering in any special parts.

Date created: 2011-05-25 Name: Kelly K.

"Rock Solid!"
13 years of use, never an issue. Once per year maintenance is done on schedule. Always worked - all the time. Watched my meighbors spend thousands replacing their A/C units over the last decade - none of those were Trane. All of them have inquired about my Trane - most have chosen Trane and have been very happy. Now that I think about it, I shoud get some kind of commission! I'd pick a higher rating if it was offered.

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: Greg S.
Location: League City, TX

"Humming along just fine"
10 years with no problems. Runs about 9 months out of the year! Energy efficient and quite - nothing to complain about - just felt complelled to share the success story. Highly recommend TRANE.

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: Will
Location: Crowley, LA

""Hard to Stop a Trane""
This Trane Air Conditioner has not failed me once in 5 years. No service calls - ever. The weather has been hot as **** and its been great.

Date created: 2011-05-21 Name: Dale
Location: Florida

"4 robert andrea noice consultants"
Robert check the expansion valve. Ihave a similar problem of up from bought it was the expansion valve . My Trane is 22 years old ,is in the constant use, 2 service calls in 22 years.

Date created: 2011-05-20 Name: Lisa

"Trane Units(3) are OK"
We had problems approximately 1 year after they were installed. One of the air conditioners leaked in our garage and almost caused our garage ceiling to collapse. Other than that, the last 4 years have been fine.

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>