Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: B. Qinn
Location: Miami, FL

"Heavy Duty"
14 years and running - this system is made the way they are suppose to be. Great Product and dependable. Just hire a reputable and knowledgeable installer - it makes all the difference.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: Roger H.
Location: CT

"Trane excellent system"
Have owned Trane and Carrier units and both worked very well for me. My current system, a Trane is 7 years old and have had no problems whatsoever. I'd buy another Carrier or Trane any time. They are both good products.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: G. Renwick
Location: Texas

"WOW - Great System"
Tired of prior brands failing so quickly I decided to go all out with a top of line brand like Trane. It was the right decision. Dual compressor, ultra high Seer, communicating system, quite, efficient, tax savings, etc....wish I would of made this choice years ago and saved myself allot of grief.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: Nathan Amata
Location: Reidsville, N.C.

"Very happy"
Installed our new system 3 years ago. No problems at all. Replaced a Rheem systems that was only 7 years old that died on us. Our neighbor's have a Trane system and recommended we check it out. Trane is American made and they hold some unique patents. Our neighbors systems is 8 years old and they have had no issues, were 3 years in with nothing but great things to say about Trane. Our favorite feature is the Comfort-R which regulates humidity levels in the house during summer w/o blasting unneeded cold air.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: Jack R.

"Love It !"
I've owned Trane systems in 5 homes over the last 40 years. Our latest home we built 8 years ago and would only consider putting in a Trane , base don our experiences. They are the best quality A/C systems made - period. When installed corrctly they last. Our prior home had it's Trane system for over 15 years and it was still running great.

Date created: 2011-06-08 Name: P .l

"Very Bad"
I had this for 5 years and each summer I have to call to fix the air condition-it is one thing or the other. I will not recommend for anyone-epeciall Air comfort Heating and A/C Inc. MN

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: Jake Z.

"Very Satisfied !"
Our new Trane Central A/C is extremely quiet and reliable. The installation technicians knew what they were doing, were thorough, uniformed, tested the installation, and cleaned up afterwards. Our electric bills are unbelievably low, we were surprised. The pricing was most fair and the warranty excellent.

Date created: 2011-06-05 Name: J Desh
Location: Milton, Fl.

"NEARLY CAUGHT FIRE"
Had this system for 3 years, 4 months, paid for regular yrly serv. Fri. at 107 degree temperature, it popped loudly, cut off then started arcing and sizzling and crackling, inside our A/C closet. My husband figured out the outside unit was sending power spikes into the inside. There was sparks flying inside. It finally blew our main house breaker. After turning off the A/C breaker, we can hear it hissing and I am sure the freon is filling our house. He thinks there was arcing throughout the coils and it burnt through. We called for service and found it will be a week before anyone will show up from ARS of Pensacola, (the installer). I worry it may have caught fire if we weren't home. Although it was making such frightening noises we were afraid to go near it to turn the breakers off. They also informed us we are out of warranty and will have to pay. Meantime we are sweltering in 100+ temperatures. This was supposed to be top quality. We haven't noticed any change in our electric bills either.

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Darren

"THE BEST !"
These units are heavy duty and American Made! Trane designs and manufactures almost all of its internal parts in house for their compressors. Their coil system is proven to be the most efficient and best. Hearing a couple complaints about leaks is a joke, I've see cooper coils leak more often due to soldered joints leaking - the Trane coils is one single tube - NO soldered joints! Even the outershell is a specialize galvanized steel that will outlast any other coating from competitor units. I have to laugh when I see some of the complaints..especially when people blame dog pee of coil leaks! You would have to your dog pee on the alum coil tube for 20 years for it to leak...if you do ANY maintenance like you should such as cleaning the A/C coils yearly it won't be a problem. By the way, the alum fins/soldered joints on copper coils will be as susceptible to dog pee as fins! You could also trane the dog to not pee on your A/C Unit ......get it.... trane the dog :> Rest assured most problems are because people go with poor installers to save a few bucks who will make mistakes like over/under charging the coolant, etc..

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Stephanie Angelos
Location: Seattle, WA

"Not Reliable"
Our six year old Trane XL 16i central air conditioning system requires $1,300 in repairs. This is very frustrating since Trane bosts reliablity and quality. The TXV valve has failed which requires a complete R&R of the system. We live in Seattle so our a/c doesn't get a lot of use. I would hate to rely on TRANE if I lived in a hot climate. I would NOT BUY TRANE AGAIN. We have a two stage system which is should improve the longevity of the system. Considering the price we paid, this has been a very poor investment. It also needed some sort of repair in the first year and even though it was not under warranty, I complained enough that the HVAC contractor did not charge me. I don't recall what the problem was. AVOID TRANE

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>