Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: Doug J.

"This trane runs"
Motto's being what they are, this Trane does keep runing. Despite being hit by numerous baseballs and footballs from my kids activities and a few major hail storms this a/c runs great. While I have a few dents due to the abuse my kids are taking out on the equipment it runs fine. Were dealing with heat indexes over 100 the last few weeks and the house stays nice and coool. The unit runs like its brand new. Well it runs like a Trane.

Date created: 2011-07-24 Name: Blade MacKenzie
Location: Miami, FL

"Do NOT buy a Trane"
After the old a/c unit in my home died, I spent $5000.00 to install a Trane unit. I did not choose this unit, it was chosen by the installer. He claimed this brand was the most reliable. One year later, the wall panel controller broke. Simply fixed with replacement. One year later, the circuit board fries. Trane covered the cost of the board, not the warranty. 18 months later (today) I awake in sweat in 94 degree miami humidity to find the "most reliable" Trane unit is not working yet again. There are certain things that should be counted on to work in your home. Your fridge, your water heater, and your A/C. Trane should be hit with a class action lawsuit.

Date created: 2011-07-24 Name: S. Donohue
Location: North Augusta, SC

"Trane Wreck"
Installed Trane a/c in July 2009; in July 2011 the unit's blower failed. Called dealer who did not come until the following day -- a Saturday. Repairman said it was either the master control switch shorted out (a circuit board) or the fan itself. He said he did not have the part, but the Trane warehouse was in the city and not open over the weekend. They would try to get back to us on Monday. This is South Carolina in Mid July, temperature is 100+ -- and they can't keep a parts place open over the weekend. Really?

Date created: 2011-07-22 Name: Darren K.
Location: Tulsa, OK

"Rock Solid"
Had a Trane XR16i installed three years ago. Works great. Features like ComfortR are fantastic. I had a concern with this a/c upgrade that the system may cool the house too quickly and that we would get humidity issues. Our last a/c was undersized and ran constantly, while inefficient it did dehumidify the air. The ComfortR feature ramps up the fan speed in stage allows for more dehumidified air getting circulated. Its worked great. Great quality and service.

Date created: 2011-07-21 Name: S. Harris
Location: Dallas, TX

"Trane is a reliable workhorse!"
I know that I have had my Trane unit for at least 20 years - maybe more - and it has been incredibly reliable all these years. I never serviced it regularly and still had only 2 or 3 service calls on it in all those years. It has been a real workhorse and I'm sorry to see it go!

Date created: 2011-07-19 Name: Dan Lazo
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Broken twice within 3 months"
Less than 3 months old and have had the unit go down twice. The unit has a leak in a line that was aluminum so the ac company had to replace that part, since it was Saturday morning, could not get fixed until Monday. 2 days in a hotel and the blame went from Trane Manufacturing blaming the distributor and distributor blaming Trane. We had to take the expense. a week later one of the 2 stages went out (high) another week to get fixed. Trane just trying to blame everyone but themselves while we eat the out of pocket costs of living in hotels.

Date created: 2011-07-11 Name: M. Genovese
Location: Aurora, CO

"TRANE's WORSE SYSTEM EVER!"
Our Trane unit has been our worst nightmare ever. We have spent Thousands of dollars in repairs for our unit and it keeps breaking down on us!If there is a law suit, please count me in. They owe all of us $$ and explanations as well as a solution. Expansion Valve had to be replaced last yr. Our condenser coils had only been working at 30% capacity since we bought it !Now one year later same problem. Lukewarm air coming out only!I am not rich . I cannot afford to spend all this money on repairs and parts.

Date created: 2011-07-09 Name: Mike C.
Location: orlando, fl

"Nothing stops a Train. About anything stops a Trane"
Two words to describe the Trane brand: Total Crap 20 years ago Trane was the brand to beat, now its like dodge/crystler of the 80s... I've had my 'new' unit 2006 serviced 9 times and my inlaws have had their Trane fixed more than I have!

Date created: 2011-07-02 Name: Mike Fritz
Location: Louisville, KY

"I got run over by a Trane"
My less than 3 year old top of the line Trane air conditioner died. It froze solid. No freon. Unit was still under limited warranty. Trane refused to pay to replace freon lost because of a defect. I am out $257 and mad.

Date created: 2011-06-27 Name: Greg W.
Location: Jacksonville

"Trane TAM7A0C48H41SSA Air Handler"
Contractor brought in the newest TRAIN air handler and it leaks so much aircondition in my gargage the had to reseal inside with tape and took 2 guys to shut front cover. their answer is it that Train manufactured this piece of junk. Trane admits it does have problems, but no one wants to send a Trane inspector to my house. Now I have to deal with a contractor who does not want to replace this crappy unit. Stay away from Trane and head aches. I might add the new Heat Pump also started making noise while contractor was working on air handler and he come off ladder because of noise. Happened again the next morning and again trying to deal with contractor to get it replaced. Has made noise again, but being told to monitor it and let him know if it occurs again.

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>