Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2012-08-14 Name: Dave Pave
Location: Dallas area

"4 Good Trane Systems"
I've had owned 2 houses over the past 20 years that have had Trane systems. The first had 2 Trane heat pumps that were still going after 17 years. The only thing I had to do in the 13 years I was in that house was replace the starter caps a few times. I finally replaced the systems with American Standard systems just because they were starting to struggle to keep the house cool. The second house with Trane systems has been good too. It has 2 Trane ac and gas furnace systems (xe1200) that are 14 years old, and I'm now replacing one system due to freon leaks in the evaporator and condenser coils. This one system has already had the evaporator coil replace once though, in 2003. The other system is still going strong.

Date created: 2012-08-07 Name: Cindy Clark
Location: Fort Pierce, FL

"Trane is the Worst"
We have Model #twe036c14fb0, purchased 01/2004 and had to replace the interior coil 5 times. This is the worst a/c we have every owned and would never purchase another one. Trane will not cover this and after reading other reviews it seems everyone has had this same problem. Maybe we should all get together and write a petition to Trane for installing parts that continue to break. Very Unsatisfied and do not recommend this a/c to anyone ever!!!!!! Please save your money and purchase a different a/c not a trane.
Date created: 2012-08-01 Name: R. Strouse
Location: South Carolina

"Coil Leak @ Less Than 3 Years"
Am so disappointed in Trane quality. New system has a coil leak after less than 3 years. $1,200 repair bill totally out of my pocket. I chose Trane brand because I believed the high quality reputation. I sure wish I'd read reviews on this site before. I now believe that perceived Trane quality is no longer supported by current-day Trane hardware.
Date created: 2012-07-23 Name: Dale Heller
Location: Nashville, TN

"Trane is Really Junk"
Like other writing these reviews, I was optimistic when I purchased the top of the line Trane unit just 4 1/2 years ago. I cannot tell you enough how disappointed I am in the reliability and serviceability of this unit. After slightly over 4 years, I have no fewer than 6 service calls. The most recent this weekend, when the service tech advised me that the expansion valve (a new type) is shot and will have to be replaced. He suggested the condenser should be replaced also, since they are known to fail regularly. The expansion valve - over $1,000 alone. This is a ridiculous price for an expansion valve, even the techs say so. This repair along (not counting the previous ones) will likely put me over midway to replacement costs - after 4 1/2 years. Needless to say, if someone recommends a Trane unit, run from them. Trane has reached a new low in quality and serviceability of their home units. Pay a premium like I did, if you wish. The landfill will appreciate your contribution in just a few short years.
Date created: 2012-07-22 Name: John R
Location: Maumee, OH

"New A/C - No Air for 8 days and counting"
We installed a new Trane hvac system in 2010. This summer our a/c broke during one of the hottest weeks on record. The service team came out to fix it under warranty. They needed to order a blower motor. It was going to cost me $50 to overnight the part. Since the team did not arrive until 4:30pm on Monday, the part could not actually be overnighted, it arrived on Wed afternoon. The team arrived again to try to install it even though they were not sent the brackets that were need to install it correctly. The blower could not be attached. After a week without a/c I am still waiting for brackets. I don't knwo where trane gets these brackets, but they need to learn how touse overnight. a 2 year old a/c system should not be out for 8 days and counting.
Date created: 2012-07-09 Name: Peggy Coffaro
Location: Merritt Island, FL

"Buy another brand"
Purchased this Trane unit six years ago for an addition of about 700 sq. ft. and every other year something has broken and now it is broke again. We are going to replace it. We had a Intertherm for 18 years for a 1500 sq.ft. house with little or no problems. Very unsatisfied with this unit.
Date created: 2012-07-05 Name: C.A. Stone
Location: Topeka, Kansas

"Yes, you CAN stop a TRANE"
Purchased a trane AC/furnace about 7 years ago. As soon as the 5 year warranty was almost up, it needed a repair that cost around $500. Now just 2 years later, the inside coil is leaking and that will cost us $1000.00. We have this unit serviced every year. I feel trane does not stand behind their product, it is poorly manufactured and that their advertising is false..they advertise a product that is indestructible. I would not buy from trane again and would definitely not recommend trane to anyone. We are retired and thought this would carry us through for many years since the unit it basically new. The York unit they took out was still running, 40 years old and had never seen a repair or service person. Go figure!
Date created: 2012-06-30 Name: S.

"BAD PRODUCT & SERVICE"
We purchased a 2 ton Trane XL14c in August of 2009. Every year since, it shuts down when it's very cold or very hot outside. We are having high 90 degree weather (heat index over 100) with no end in sight and this piece of junk goes out again. Our local distributor has been rude to us so many times in the past but this time it takes the cake. It went down four days ago and they informed us the part would take 7-10 days to get here! In the meantime they brought is a 10,000 btu portable unit to use. It only slightly cools 1 room of 6. I have a very bad heart and cough, my wife is not in good health and our little dog has heart problems also...THIS Is not ACCEPTABLE! We even paid cash for the piece of junk! I will never buy another trane!!!
Date created: 2012-06-25 Name: B Kay
Location: Edinburg, tX

"Trane doesn't live up to its name"
We moved into our facility in April of 2011. Now in June 2012, after many many service calls, our units are no longer under warranty and of course have leaks that need $2800 worth of repairs!! Honestly, you would think that an expensive air conditioner would last a lot longer. I would never, never recommend this product.
Date created: 2012-06-12 Name: Frances Shea
Location: Covington. :A

"Not your Mammas Trane"
I had always heard Trane ran like a Train, reliable and long running. I replaced a very old Trane with a new one about 5 years ago. At 5 years, 3 months, with very responsible and careful use, the condenser is going out. I have had it repaired twice since January at a cost of about 600$. My repairman says that Trane does not have reliable quality like it did back in the day. He recommends replacing it with a Carrier. I am disappointed to say the least.
<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>