Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: E. Calonius
Location: Charleston, SC

"Dissatisfied with Trane"
We put in a variable speed Trane a/c about five years ago. Despite all our efforts, we cannot get it to work in sync with the thermostat: We set the thermostat to a certain temperature, but the unit doesn't cool to that temperature. We've tried putting in a new thermostat, etc. Also the company that installed the unit (ARS) screwed up several times in the installation. At one point they installed the blower in upside down. It forced air into the intake ducts and blew dust all over the house!

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: Chuck R.

"5 Ton XR15"
5 ton system came new with the house in 1990. The ac has to do heavy duty here in North Carolina. System is 10 tears old without a problem. Got our money's worth big time.

Date created: 2011-06-17 Name: Christine
Location: San Jose, CA

"Service like no other"
Bought a Trane 8 eight years ago. After three years the compressor went. Was very upset, but the service company and Trane covered the replacement at no charge. Even labor and recharging. That's the only issue I've ever had in eight years and it was handled professionally and with no hassle.

Date created: 2011-06-17 Name: Chris
Location: AZ

"Nothing stops my Trane"
Eight yeats - hail storms, 100+ temps for weeks straight, kids leaving the doors open, etc...its just keeps running like its brand new. Very happy. Its beyond me how people have issiue with this product, unless they hit the bad karma lottery.

Date created: 2011-06-17 Name: Nate

"Greta Product"
No problems, does what it says it will do. Quality and performance is top rate.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: New Castle Delaware

"Review of central air comfort and cost"
I would like to share my opinon with respect to the Trane XE1000 central air conditioner unit. I have owned this unit for two years and must say that I am very satisfied with both the installation and purchase cost as well as it's comfort and operational cost. Outside of the cost factor I most appreciate it's quietness and ability to keep all rooms at the same comfort level. There is no transition of temperature from one room to the next. Perhaps the only feature I am not totally happy with is the thermostat. It comes with a basic unit where on second thought I would possibly ask for at additional cost for a more modern style. I not only would reccomend this unit to a friend I already have and their reports back to me are equally positive. I would have no hesitation purchasing this unit again or any of Trane's products. I have never needed to make a repair however I feel should that be needed parts would be available and labor would be reasonable by one of Trane's many qualified service people. You not only can see the quality, you can feel it in your daily living.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Name: David
Location: Cincinnati, OH

"Coil problems"
Hillner Heating and Cooling installed a TRANE unit in 2008. The Following Spring April 2009 Hillner replaced a broken evaporator coil in the indoor unit. Hillner went out of business and we called Reupert Heating and Cooling.  Upon their first visit (4/22/11) they refilled Freon, costing $ 183.80 out of pocket. The second service call (5/6/11) they did a leak search and ended up using a leak sealant costing $ 423.57 out of pocket. The third visit on 5/13/11 Reupert determined, that the Evaporator Coil is causing the problem replacement costing $ 902.18. $1509.55 in total labor cost for replacing a second broken evaporator coil. I would think you'd like better consumer relations than what we have been given so far. I won't mention any names yet but my wife was told over the phone that it was a corrosion issue and was treated without respect. The person who replaced the coil ( the second time) told us there were no corrosion issues. Same coil different year. I have the paperwork to prove it. I guess I will have to contact an attorney In this matter. 3 year old system failing twice in the same period. If I don't see some form of compensation I will report to Howard **, John-**. I will also make a utube video of "trying to get a trane started year after year" sure nothing will stop a trane but you have to get it started first. A/C is working now after 3 visits from Reupert for a total of $1509.59 It is my opinion that TRANE should cover these costs for having substandard parts in their system.

Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: S Stiller
Location: Metairie, LA.

"Never Again"
6 years. 5 breakdowns. 2 major. This was supposed to be highest quality unit available. What a POS. My 25 year old Carrier had less breakdowns.

Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: Lee Gallagher
Location: Denver

"This Train Stops Every Summer"
I moved to Denver from Atlanta in 2008. Promptly in April of 2008 we purchased a Trane Air Conditioning system including humidification, Clean Effects Ionizer, Heat Pump, fancy thermostat and Installation for a price of 10,000. We already invested in the furnace. All aspects of the installation was handled by a Trane approved company. In this case AireServ. Here are the results: 1) Ran from April 2008 to June 2010. 2) Replaced (2) Compressors in June of 2010 and was without air cooling for three weeks. 3) June 2011 - All freon leaked out from the Trane / AireServ copper pipe. And you guessed it, Not covered.... another 1,000 to fix. Just because a company can afford the $$$ in marketing, note it may not be the best decision. My Amana in Atlanta never had this costs or maintenance. I can not recommend in this economy that a family consider spending the outlay of cash that we foolishly did thinking we were buying quality. SEO Optimization: Air Conditioning, Trane Reviews, Trane Air conditioning reviews, Trane Service, AireServ Service, AireServ,Trane, Home Depot, Air Serve

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: John
Location: Oklahoma

"Just an Okie"
This is the best by far the most quality you could buy for dollar per dollar on any brand of equiptment. I am a licensed contractor here in Oklahoma. I have sold Rheem, worked on lots and lots and lots of Carrier and Lennox units. Don't care what they say about them. To me they are only major names and that is all!!. Trane units are the very best but you can take it for what it is my opinion.

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>